Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just spotted this

• 29-06-2013 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

seems a bit quiet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

So is this a special forum for bk and devnull to use to evangelise Aircoach?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

banned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

corktina wrote: »
    seems a bit quiet...

Don't worry there will be loads of posts allong any minute :D

Just spotted your post ;)
    This will probably be my only post here.......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

So is this a special forum for bk and devnull to use to evangelise Aircoach?:D

Well the railfans already have their forum, but they still post similar discussions about rail in the main forum :P

In any case, I wouldn't go that far, Aircoach still have several flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ohhh a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

banned

Bandicoot,banned...I like yer style !!! :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Best of both worlds :D

IMG_0286.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I hate buses! How can anyone like buses?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Christ, don't show me any photos of those terrible bus train things they have in the North of England, some would say they are the very worst of both worlds!

• Advertisement

Ooh, new forum smell. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Are there such thing as bus enthusiasts?

Or are they (me included) just really anti-getting-rode-by-IE?

If the train offered the same level of service (i.e. times, city centre locations) for the same money, who would get the bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

The day that's in it I may as well come out of the closet. I like buses :)

BUS PRIDE!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

seems a bit quiet...

I beat you on first post by about 10 years. :pac:

true.... :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

n97 mini wrote: »
    If the train offered the same level of service (i.e. times, city centre locations) for the same money, who would get the bus?

*hand up*

me.

I'll proclaim my DB enthusiast conflict of interest...I'm an AV, EV and VT fan and not a fan of a GT or AX...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I bagsy the back row of the bus for the hecklers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Bus w@nkers! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

devnull wrote: »
    Christ, don't show me any photos of those terrible bus train things they have in the North of England, some would say they are the very worst of both worlds!

Is that picture not North of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hooray!

We have a bus enthusiasts forum. This is brilliant news. I hope loads of people will post on here to give it great support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

G'WAN THE TE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gichuck

I like buses too, and I don't care who knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Posted this in the car thread a few weeks ago. Only noticed the bus thread now.

Although this bus would appear to be almost new, it has a striking resemblance to an old C Leopard. Its running around Toronto with plenty more of them I had to rub my eyes when I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

That thing isn't in England, it is the ex-NIR railbus at Downpatrick. However, there are indeed similar beasts roaming the rails across the water....! NIR withdrew it because it was unreliable, a quality it has retained at Downpatrick...

Must have been pulled out of a hedge.

On tow in Navan today. Didn't get fleet number.

I see EVS7 on the side, is that it? I'm not too familiar with Bus Éireann fleet numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

This was EVH7 before it was put on school duties and reclassified as EVS7. If I'm not mistaken, the registration would have been SI 3007, and were with Bus Eireann from 1986 up to withdrawl. I hope something can be done with the coach.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    This was EVH7 before it was put on school duties and reclassified as EVS7. If I'm not mistaken, the registration would have been SI 3007, and were with Bus Eireann from 1986 up to withdrawl. I hope something can be done with the coach.

Couldn't see the reg. Funny now that you say it, it does look like the earlier batch of Vanhools that arrived before 1993. That would have originally have been painted in 'Supabus' livery, is that right!

• Advertisement

Advertisement