Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paramotoring

• 09-06-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Just realised I spelt the thread title wring( iPhones fault). Paramotoring it's meant to be.

Hi I'm just wondering does anyone here have any information on this?
    I'm just after seeing one in the sky flying over my house and I always wanted to get more information on this sport .
    Does anyone know where you could purchase them in Ireland? I know they will probably costs a few thousand,
    Also do you need a license for these things and need any training ?
    Would appreciate I anyone had any answers. Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I fixed the title for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PumpAnswers

Hi Lc,
    Your post is from over 2years ago, it has taken me nearly that long to get my Irish license.

There are different routes to achieve your dream.

My route started with flyspains 2 week course back in april 2014, this gets you a UK Club pilot (Power) rating. Week one is Elementary paragliding.

You can then practice legally in Northern Ireland not going more than 2 miles away from takeoff.
    Then after some practice, back out to Algodonales in may 2015 for a 1 week paramotor holiday in which i was put through the UK full pilot test, which is a practical and written exam.
    This can then be transferred into an Irish license exemption letter. (with a medical and insurance)

Its not easy or cheap to do all this. My wing cost €2K and Motor €4K both second hand.

Step one for me before buying anything was to do that first full time 2 week course, you will learn to fly and use paramotors safely with instructors who are full time professionals.

Then you will have some information about the whole thing.
    The very best of luck, its an epic adventure
    Kevin Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 netnoel

Www.irishparamotorassociation.com

with the winds in Ireland is this a feasible hobby here?

I've read that you don't want to be going up in winds beyond 10 knots really which would rule out a lot of days in Ireland.

Advertisement