Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Interesting article about Harbour Flights here.

So they have a base in Mountshannon and it's manned. I thought they never got off the ground water :pac:. Anybody know anything more about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

I've been told they are still chasing after their AOC with the IAA. I personally can't see it working as a scheduled service, charter at very most if even that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Heading by boat to the UK next week. A change of travel-scenery for sure.

Bringing all the fupping liquids I can muster for the thrill of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Anyone see this picture from Cairo

Came across this on ifunny

2c8c4edfd11df1d45e79d725c9b5991c27bd741ab4e7435b40e84da472952e86_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Very cool photo.....

Strange to have an Apache monitoring the situation....obviously the Egyptian military decided to look at menacing as possible. However am I right in saying that the military ousted the President as he was not responding to the demands of the nation?

• Advertisement

1009756_597669350267847_1545526465_n.jpg

It's only a joke :P We respect you guys very much

*sigh* Journalism really hits a new lows every time they report something in aviation

08fec59af199165872be9df534a01f59.png

http://rt.com/usa/us-laguardia-crash-landing-442/

00010583.jpg
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Bryan Habana races the A380, some good marketing going on from BA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUsPzXiJL28&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Any suggestions on flight tracking Apps for Android?

Free if possible

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Any suggestions on flight tracking Apps for Android?

Free if possible

Flightradar24 has 2 apps

The free app is quite basic, only shows location, callsign and airline.

The Pro version is €2.69 and it shows aircraft, speed, track and the whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    The Pro version is €2.69 and it shows aircraft, speed, track and the whole lot.

The Pro version is definitely worth the small charge,fantastic app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

A bit of amusement for all you fly boys and girls. A BBC radio comedy called 'Cabin Pressure' starring Benedict Cumberbatch (him off Sherlock) and Stephanie Cole (her off Doc Martin)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cb5k4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Got me excited there, though ther ewas a new series! :(

Genius show, Rodger Allam and Anthony Head are fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Treadhead wrote: »
    Got me excited there, though ther ewas a new series! :(

Genius show, Rodger Allam and Anthony Head are fantastic!
    Anthony Head? When does he get involved? Any way I thought with this being Series 1, Episode 1 it'd be a good chance to let people who have never caught the series before to hop on from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Late series 2 or series 3 I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Taken from my co-mod in the Airsoft forum.
    Steve wrote: »
    Possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time....

Customer feedback for Veet hair remover for men on amazon.com. :D:D

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2QP56S5P2DEGA/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2QP56S5P2DEGA

Enjoy! :D

andy_g wrote: »
    Taken from my co-mod in the Airsoft forum.

:D

Similar one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R231U4ZG0YDNHD

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I've been out of the cockpit for too long. I am getting checked out in preparation for my Biennial, and I thought the last time I had flown was about a year ago. As I pull out the logbook for the instructor, and discover my last flight was Sept 2011.

No wonder I'm rusty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Seen this on Facebook and thought it was worth a share

Ryanair's Micheal O'Leary arrives in a hotel in Dublin, he goes to the bar and asks for a pint of draught Guinness.
    The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please, Mr. O'Leary." Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money. "Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8.
    We have the cheapest beer in Ireland"
    "That is remarkable value" Michael comments "I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euro please. O'Leary scowled, but paid up.
    He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euro. - You could have pre-book the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro." "I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please" Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame". "I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of €4.00 for your seat sir" O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euro." O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager". "Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please." O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?" "Of course I do Mr. O'Leary," "I've had enough, What sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!" "Here is his E mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cent per second" "I will never use this bar again "OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro"

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Absolutely fantastic game off football today, I was just about recovered and now the Sunday game has me jumping up and down again! Was great to see some of the great point taking by the dubs and delighted they showed the character they did, especially from being in positions of being 4 and 5 points down.

Also great to see Gooch today, he is without a doubt the outstanding footballer of this generation, and if Tomas or Galvin jack it in they'll be remember as legends (no matter what you say about Galvin's fashion sense!)

Can't wait now for 22nd, supposed to be working but I already feel a bout of tb or the Ebola virus coming on!

Come on you boys in blue!!

Couple of Aviation jokes from AH :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86324344&postcount=4806

And this thread on PPRuNe is gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Interesting concept..... I wonder if it comes with your own personal vacuum cleaner for that added sense of flight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

A little note.

Just booked some flights with Aer Lingus. Dublin to a UK airport and different UK airport to Dublin, 4 days apart.

I used the multi city option and the same combo of times was 6 euro more than booking individually.

A bit mad that.

Regardless of the bugs in booking, looking forward to my first two flights on the ATRs. :-D

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Couple of Aviation jokes from AH :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86324344&postcount=4806

And this thread on PPRuNe is gold :D

Thank you good sir, I'd forgotten about that thread, it'll make my day go quickly re-reading some of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Lads anyone here flown with Ethiad airbus A330-200? Or Virgin Australia Boeing 777-300er?

I've looked on seat guru etc but looking to see if anyone here found if the economy seats were ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

Aer Lingus EI REM(?) gone tech in Manchester.
    Was there a cancellation from Manchester earlier today?

Terrible phone pic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In the old hotel at ORK (working nearby tomorrow). Is it bad that I can identify most of the landings by the noise they make on taxiing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Bsal

JAL have placed an order with Airbus for 31 A350's, and there seems to be more problems with the 787.

''The Scandinavian carrier Norwegian Long Haul also reportedly replaced one of its two 787s with a leased Airbus after the Boeing aircraft broke down six times last month''

http://news.sky.com/story/1151173/jal-picks-airbus-a350-over-boeing-dreamliner

Advertisement