Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Silence.

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Hope you got elphin @2/5 :)... The faithleachas game is on very early tomorrow so i should have the result at 2:30/3:00pm.

Im strongly expecting both teams to do the business.

Couldn't tell you, I'm a decimal guy. 1.33 (Edit: 3/1 that is) I got it at.

Cheers mate! I'll wait in hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Hope you got elphin @2/5 :)... The faithleachas game is on very early tomorrow so i should have the result at 2:30/3:00pm.

Im strongly expecting both teams to do the business.

Ya Im a pretty big follower of the local gaa and id go with that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Verdict: St. Faithleachas by 2/3 pts.

I come with good news! :D Faithleachas won 1-9 to 0-6.

I cant help but feel my luck is in today with the tyrone minors somehow beating mayo by 3pts after being 6/7 pts down.

NOW C'MON ELPHIN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

I come with good news! :D Faithleachas won 1-9 to 0-6.

I cant help but feel my luck is in today with the tyrone minors somehow beating mayo by 3pts after being 6/7 pts down.

NOW C'MON ELPHIN!!!

Brilliant news Sir Vival.. Yeah but thankfully Tyrone knew how too put the ball in the net.. They had me sweating at the end nearly conceding a goal but saved on the line..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

just saw the reslut on the roscommon gaa site
    Elphin 0-12 0-8St Croans :D
    well done lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

get in,,,
    nice1 sir vival,

had 50 on the double...

Verdict: Elphin by 4/5 pts. (maybe more...)

Yeeeahhhh another spot on :p. Elphin 0-12 St.Croans 0-8. Was listening to updates on the radio, elphin should have won by a few more.
    My big bet
    (1) Elphin v St. Croans @2/5
    (2) St. Faithleachas v Ros gaels @4/7
    (3) Tyrone minors v Mayo minors @2/7 (was tempted to go with tyrone(-1) @2/5 but played it safe, i do think they'll win comfortably though
    (4) St. Columbas v Longford slashers @8/13. Added slashers at the last minute as i thought this was way too big a price to turn down, hope i dont regret it.

€25 returns €114.23

Its been a good weekend, could have done with out the drama in the minor game though.

Well done anyone won a bit on the ros games this week, glad i could offer my opinions/advice. Should have at least 1 game in ros next week that should bring in some more money, so watch this space.....(again :))

• Registered Users Posts: 35 youngmoney

Bored at home so gonna do my previews of this weeks games now.

Sunday, 22nd august, Roscommon senior football quarter final

Elphin vs. St. Croans (will probably be 1/3, hopefully better odds though :rolleyes:)

Elphin seem to be the dark horses for the championship every year. There's no doubt that the talent is there but sometimes they just dont perform on the day. They currently have 3 county players (allbeit 3 subs) but all 3 have the potential to make ros' starting 15. Another interesting point to note is that all of the elphin players have represented the county at u-16 or minor or u-21 level which shows their footballing pedigree. Their form in the league has been quite consistent as they sit comfortably in the top half even though alot of these games were played without their county players. I've mentioned previously in the thread that they beat a highly fancied western gaels team in the 1st round of the championship and narrowly lost to ros gaels (0-7 to 0-5) in severe weather conditions so i wouldn't buy too much into that result.

Im not going to write much about St. Croans as i will only be repeating myself (if anyone wants to know what i think of them look back through the thread). However i will comment on their defeat to Faithleachas this week 2-7 to 0-8. Although i wasn't at the game, i heard faithleachas won at a canter (they were up 9pts at a stage and then started passing the ball around with no desire to get more scores) and croans rarely threatened. This shows to me a real lack of desire from croans aswell as poor footballing ability as if they won the game they could have topped the group leaving them a much easier quarter final fixture.

As it's the knockout stages now i expect elphin to step it up a gear.

Verdict: Elphin by 4/5 pts. (maybe more...)

Previews of 1 (maybe 2) more games to come. Odds wont be up on pp till thurs., maybe even fri. so giving ye plenty of time to mull over it. :)

i dont think theyr goalie has played underage county has he?

youngmoney wrote: »
    i dont think theyr goalie has played underage county has he?

No dont think he has, never even thought about the goalie when i wrote that piece, so sorry if i misinformed anyone. I don't think he even was a goalie when he was underage. (it's not really that important to be honest though as so long as he has an ok kick-out and can stop a ball that comes straight at him, he wont have any effect on the outcome of the game).

Getting my preview up for this week nice and early again.

Roscommon senior football relegation semi-final

Western Gaels
    v Padraig Pearses (prob around 4/7 or 1/2)

Obviously neither side will want to lose this and face the dreaded relegation final where anything can happen on the day but the gaels have all the footballers to survive. The gaels will feel hard done by not making the knock-outs as they had serious title ambitions this year and rightfully so as they're easily one of the top 4 teams in the county. They'll take confidence from the fact that they have a championship win under their belts this year (beating ros gaels a couple of weeks ago by 4pts, however this victory was 1pt off their requirements to qualify on scoring difference). From past experience i know for a fact that some teams just stop training completely when they dont make the play-off stages in the championship. This is not true for western gaels. Less than a week after their championship exit they beat elphin (who beat them in the championship 1st round) 2-10 to 1-10 away from home to secure their div.1 league status for next year. This shows that they know their year isn't over and that they're hungry to maintain senior championship status for next year.

On the other hand Padraig pearses have been far from impressive all year in league and championship. Emmigration and a lack of scoring forwards are the main contributors to their string of poor performances. They've averaged 10pts a game in both their championship matchs which tells it's own story really. They always strike me as a team who give up too easily. When the chips are down they just fade into the backround. They also had no player on the senior county panel this year which highlights a lack of 1 or 2 class players. Meanwhile western gaels have 3 county players (including 2 of the best in the county) and could have 2 or 3 more.

Western gaels will want to get out of the mess they got themselves into at the first attempt and regroup for next year.

Verdict: Western Gaels by 3/4pts (could be more but relegation matchs tend to be edgy so i'll be a bit conservative)

Other fixtures that are catching my eyes as being one-sided are...
    (1) Curry v Calry/St.Josephs
    (2) Ballymote round towers v Shamrock gaels

These are both in the sligo senior football championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Getting my preview up for this week nice and early again.

Roscommon senior football relegation semi-final

Western Gaels v Padraig Pearses (prob around 4/7 or 1/2)

Obviously neither side will want to lose this and face the dreaded relegation final where anything can happen on the day but the gaels have all the footballers to survive. The gaels will feel hard done by not making the knock-outs as they had serious title ambitions this year and rightfully so as they're easily one of the top 4 teams in the county. They'll take confidence from the fact that they have a championship win under their belts this year (beating ros gaels a couple of weeks ago by 4pts, however this victory was 1pt off their requirements to qualify on scoring difference). From past experience i know for a fact that some teams just stop training completely when they dont make the play-off stages in the championship. This is not true for western gaels. Less than a week after their championship exit they beat elphin (who beat them in the championship 1st round) 2-10 to 1-10 away from home to secure their div.1 league status for next year. This shows that they know their year isn't over and that they're hungry to maintain senior championship status for next year.

On the other hand Padraig pearses have been far from impressive all year in league and championship. Emmigration and a lack of scoring forwards are the main contributors to their string of poor performances. They've averaged 10pts a game in both their championship matchs which tells it's own story really. They always strike me as a team who give up too easily. When the chips are down they just fade into the backround. They also had no player on the senior county panel this year which highlights a lack of 1 or 2 class players. Meanwhile western gaels have 3 county players (including 2 of the best in the county) and could have 2 or 3 more.

Western gaels will want to get out of the mess they got themselves into at the first attempt and regroup for next year.

Verdict: Western Gaels by 3/4pts (could be more but relegation matchs tend to be edgy so i'll be a bit conservative)

Other fixtures that are catching my eyes as being one-sided are...
    (1) Curry v Calry/St.Josephs
    (2) Ballymote round towers v Shamrock gaels

These are both in the sligo senior football championship.

You must be a Clan na Gael man judging by your snide comments towards Padraig Pearses in this and your opening post. Anyway Pearses are one of a number of clubs in Roscommon that have failed to win the championship in the last few years but have managed to make 2 county finals in the last 5 including a narrow 1 point defeat to Castlerea 2 years ago a far better performance than Western Gaels capitulation in last year’s decider.
    They were also drawn in the group of death with St Brigid’s and Castlerea who have won the last 4 championships between them and despite being ravaged with injuries and emigration and giving Castlerea a 2-3 to 0-1 lead they managed to draw level only to be denied by a Ger Heneghan wonder point from the sideline in the 5th minute of injury time in their opening game.
    They have a few players returning for Sunday’s game so I wouldn’t be back against them in what is likely to be a very tight game, with both teams having accounted for Roscommon Gaels by 4 points recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭glanman

Don't know if anyone was waiting on this result but Duhallow beat aghada in the end, they were 5pts down into the 2nd half and somehow pulled through. wasn't at it but thats the report I heard. There were a few games in Cork last night with Eire Og scrapping by youghal in a dour game, Douglas causing a shock beating Carbery, Douglas were 7/4. I fancied them but didn't back it. Ballincollig(7/4 also) almost caused another shock but ended up drawing with Castlehaven after being 5 up, and 2 men better off, with 7 mins to go. Ref gave a soft penalty by all accounts with Ballincollig fuming about it all.

Macroom are playing Fermoy in Cork intermediate football tonight. They are 1/3 and I can't see anything but a Macroom win. Macroom have been in the mix to win the intermediate for the last 4/5 years and had some great u21 teams over the last 4/5 years with plenty of Cork underage players. They have a reputation of not living up to potential but I don't see them imploding until the next game,castletownbere waiting to play the winner of this game.

Fermoy have been very poor all year and taking part in Celebrity Bainisteor did them no good in preparing for this. The one caveat I would have is that Macroom and Fermoy have not player championship for close to 4 months and 3 months respectively and a lot of clubs are showing rustiness after these long breaks in Cork. That said, Macroom to win by 5pts+

First off all, welcome to the thread. The more opinions here, the better for everybody.
    patmac wrote: »
    You must be a Clan na Gael man judging by your snide comments towards Padraig Pearses in this and your opening post.

Nope, wrong side of the county altogether. I don't have anything against them, it's just my opinion having witnessed passed performances from last year and this year.
    Anyway Pearses are one of a number of clubs in Roscommon that have failed to win the championship in the last few years but have managed to make 2 county finals in the last 5 including a narrow 1 point defeat to Castlerea 2 years ago a far better performance than Western Gaels capitulation in last year’s decider.

I dont really think it's relevant to the present day's team about making a final 5 years ago. 6 years ago the final was contested by kilbride and roscommon gaels (two teams who are in dramatic decline now), kilbride will probably be intermediate next year and ros gaels were extremely lucky to make the knockouts (and have been relegated from div.1 league)
    They were also drawn in the group of death with St Brigid’s and Castlerea who have won the last 4 championships between them and despite being ravaged with injuries and emigration

Group of death on paper maybe, but castlerea are a shadow of the team that won the last 2 years. If you were at the kilmore match at the weekend you would have seen this.
    and giving Castlerea a 2-3 to 0-1 lead they managed to draw level only to be denied by a Ger Heneghan wonder point from the sideline in the 5th minute of injury time in their opening game.

Pearses were at home for this game which was a massive advantage and castlerea tend to sit on a lead so i personally wouldn't read to much into a brave comeback.
    They have a few players returning for Sunday’s game so I wouldn’t be back against them in what is likely to be a very tight game

Out of interest, who will be back and more importantly how long have they been back training?
    both teams having accounted for Roscommon Gaels by 4 points recently

Pearses against ros gaels was league (ros gaels were already relegated)
    Western gaels against ros gaels was championship and ros gaels got a very late goal. Big difference.

I can only see 1 winner of the game at the weekend. The gaels have an extra bit of class in the form of cregg, mcdermott, higgins, ward to name a few. Pearses still massively rely on fahy (past his best), duignan(good but unpredictable), daly, and carty (not sure if he's around).

Still sticking to my verdict. Good to have another ros man on the thread though.

glanman wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone was waiting on this result but Duhallow beat aghada in the end

No didn't have anything on them. Wasn't sure what the craic was with cork's county players. Did donnacha o'connor play? Bit crazy that a club game would be so soon after cork's game at the weekend unless they're weren't many county players involved.
    That said, Macroom to win by 5pts+

I'll put a bit on this, seems like you know your stuff and what good is this thread if we dont take other peoples advice. Macroom are 4/11 now. I love a bit of midweek gaa to build up the bank before the weekend :).

No didn't have anything on them. Wasn't sure what the craic was with cork's county players. Did donnacha o'connor play? Bit crazy that a club game would be so soon after cork's game at the weekend unless they're weren't many county players involved.

I'll put a bit on this, seems like you know your stuff and what good is this thread if we dont take other peoples advice. Macroom are 4/11 now. I love a bit of midweek gaa to build up the bank before the weekend :).

Donnacha O Connor and Aidan Walsh for Duhallow(had been registered for his college, CIT I think, but didn't play so played with Duhallow last night and was immense by all accounts, his club are junior). Pearse O Neill and Kieran O Connor (cork sub) played with Aghada.

A lot of cork players played last night and tonight, off the top of my head Goulding and Sheehan for Eire Og, the 4 mentioned above, Pa Kelly and Miskella for Ballincollig, Cadogen for Douglas, and a few other subs played other games. Gould playing tonight for Macroom but he only played 2 mins on Sunday. A bit mad but they wanted to get a few rounds played and with Cork in the AI final now, there will be no games involving County players after next monday as far as I know. There are a lot of games on this weekend so if I get a chance I will give my opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Nope, wrong side of the county altogether. I don't have anything against them, it's just my opinion having witnessed passed performances from last year and this year.

No problem just not happy at the chokers tag that seems to be eminating from various forums.

I dont really think it's relevant to the present day's team about making a final 5 years ago. 6 years ago the final was contested by kilbride and roscommon gaels (two teams who are in dramatic decline now), kilbride will probably be intermediate next year and ros gaels were extremely lucky to make the knockouts (and have been relegated from div.1 league)
    Agree about Kilbride and Gaels it was the final 2 years ago that I was mainly referring to.

Group of death on paper maybe, but castlerea are a shadow of the team that won the last 2 years. If you were at the kilmore match at the weekend you would have seen this.
    Still reigning champions for the past 2 seasons and Bridgets will be very hard to beat this year.

Out of interest, who will be back and more importantly how long have they been back training?
    Rather not say as the team has yet to be selected

Pearses against ros gaels was league (ros gaels were already relegated)
    Western gaels against ros gaels was championship and ros gaels got a very late goal. Big difference.
    Ros played the same team (3days after Gaels) and were not relegated at the time.

I can only see 1 winner of the game at the weekend. The gaels have an extra bit of class in the form of cregg, mcdermott, higgins, ward to name a few. Pearses still massively rely on fahy (past his best), duignan(good but unpredictable), daly, and carty (not sure if he's around).

Fahy is playing better than ever Carty is injured.

Still sticking to my verdict. Good to have another ros man on the thread though.

No problem anything to help. Will be close though, I wouldn't lump my life savings on the Gaels! Will be close though, I wouldn't lump my life savings on the Gaels!

Just requested PP put up odds on western gaels v Padraig pearses this weekend as last weekend relegation match wasn't put up. They've replied saying that "they do not offer any prices on this market".

Maybe some of you guys could request odds on it also. If they see a bit of interest in it, perhaps they change their minds...?

Fermoy 1 - 5 Macroom 2 - 10 wasn't at it so don't know how easy or hard it was but that result is the most important thing. Didn't have anything on it myself as didn't make any bets but hope you did ok Vival

glanman wrote: »
    Fermoy 1 - 5 Macroom 2 - 10 wasn't at it so don't know how easy or hard it was but that result is the most important thing. Didn't have anything on it myself as didn't make any bets but hope you did ok Vival

Great stuff (only had €15 on it :(), looking forward to your opinions on the weekend's games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

I have been looking for info the last few days and this is what i've come up with:

All 4 favourites in the QF in wicklow i were told were certs, Ratnew been one at 1/25 not even worth putting in but the other 3 are. If there was one to leave out it would be Blessington v Stratford for the simple reason Blessington can have off days from what i'm told so therefore im going with the other 2:
    St Patricks 3/10 v Kiltegan ; Sat 28th @ 5:00
    Baltinglass 1/3 v Bray Emmets ; Sun 29th : 12:00

In carlow there playing the last group games to finalise the last 6, Rathvilly are top of one group playing 3rd, there also favourites to win the county, there 2/7 and there going for that game, no major changes so should win by 5/7 points. Im waiting on info on the others but been informed they may be hard to call.

In westmeath there is 2 games, the cert is Garrycastle at 2/9 (With the Dolans Back Sir Vival) :D

In Donegal all I have is Four Masters @ 1/4 cant lose, it's semi final stage which can always be close but swilly there oppanants arent there on merit from what i've been told. Powers have them at 12/1 to win county and 4Masters at 13/8 to win county so you can make your own presumtions there !

In Kerry Dr.Crokes and Mid Kerry are the 2 certs given all the games that are on, there prices are 4/11 and 2/5, there seems to be question marks over the other games.

In Mayo there at QF stage this weekend. Charlestown are 1/2 and current county champs who play an yoyo Shrule team who are missing there full forward and will be a big loss. Charlestown rarely lose these kind of games. Two other games are hard calls, one been a derby and the other just to close.

My final game I have so far is the last QF in Mayo, Castlebar v Breaffy, Castlebar are 1/4, Breaffy are 10/3. Breaffy have the 2 O'Shea's the older back in from injury, Castlebar rely on one man up front who is playing out of his skin at the moment. Over the years Breaffy have held the upper hand and the disparity in pricing from PP is mind boggling. It will be close but at 10/3 they cant be overlooked. Maybe a single rather then in accy!

Oh by the way, I called PP on the Rossy game requset!

• Advertisement

Clubmad wrote: »

Like the look of this one. Pats have been knocking up big scores in the league and championship.
    In Donegal all I have is Four Masters @ 1/4 cant lose

I'll look a bit deeper into this fixture, interesting though
    In Kerry Dr.Crokes and Mid Kerry are the 2 certs given all the games that are on, there prices are 4/11 and 2/5

Very interested in the crokes match. Any team with cooper is worth a second look. I see Crokes are 2nd in div.1 league while kenmare are playing div. 3 league.

Gonna stay away from all games in mayo, they all seem to tight to confidently call. Would have been interested in backing ballaghderren in their relegation match but pp the feckers havn't odds available.
    Oh by the way, I called PP on the Rossy game requset!

Thanks for this, am getting a few lads to send emails requesting odds, hopefully the bit of pressure pays off (not holding much hope though...)

I have 3 Accums going for the weekend.....theres the Certs Accum @ 13/1.......There's the certs with a few probablys @ 93/1 and then the out and out madness of the certs, the probs and Kilkenny HT/FT @ 8/11 AND Breaffy @ 10/3 to give me a whopper at 701/1.....No laughing please :D:D

Wicklow:
    Baltinglass 1/3 v Bray Emmets ; Sun 29th : 12:00

Carlow:
    Rathvilly 2/7 v Kilbride ; Sat 28th @ 6.45
    Kildavin/Clonegal 4/7 v O Hanrahans ; Sat 28th @ 6.45
    Tinryland 8/13 v Ballon ; Sun 29th @ 5.15

Westmeath:
    Athlone v Garrycastle 2/9 Sat 28th @ 6:30

Donegal:
    Four Masters 1/4 v Killybegs ; Sat 28th @ 6:30

KERRY:
    Kenmare V Dr Crokes 4/11 ; Sat 28th @ 6:30
    Mid Kerry 2/5 v Rathmore ; Sun 29th @ 3.30
    Feale Rangers 4/7 v Austin Stacks ; Sat 28th @ 6.30

Mayo:
    Charlestown 1/2 v Shrule Glencorrib ; Sun 29th @ 3.30
    Breaffy 10/3 v Castlebar ; Sun 29th @ 2.00

Wexford Hurling:
    Ferns St Aidans 2/5 v Askamore-Kilrush ; Sat 28th @ 5:00
    Buffers Alley 8/11 v Rapparees ; Sat 28th @ 6:30

All- Ireland Final Kilkenny ht/ft @ 8/11
    Black is the Certs @ 13/1
    Red and Black Certs and Probs @ 93/1
    Red, Black and Blue is certs, Probs and Madness @ 701/1

Do I need Luck, of course I DO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 smurifit

Alright lads, first post here. Great thread by the way. Just looking at the mayo champ at the wknd.

Ballintubber V Ballina
    Ballina without county man Pat Harte and have an aging team. Ballintuber already toped their group with Crossmolina in it and are a young pacy team. Ballina are always tough to beat in champ but i fancy Ballintubber here at 5/4

Castlebar V Breaffy
    I know Breaffy have done well recently against their neighours but Castlebar are flying this year and have plenty of young players coming through. Breaffy relying on the much over rated Aiden o' Shea and cant see them wining. Castlebar at 1/4 i think.

Charlestown V Shrule
    Shrule without suspended county player Mark Ronaldson is a huge loss against the county champions. Charlestown comfortably through their group and a good price at 1/2 i wreckon.

Knockmore V Crossmolina
    Huge local derby here..crossmolina without all their veterns this year eg Mcdonald, Nallen etc against yound knockmore team who I think will have too much pace for cross. John Maughen will have Cross playin to the limit of their ability but Knockmore should pull through at 8/13

Hope this helps somone!!

Good man, another one on Board, always a good thing to have people with different opinions of games, keeps folks away.

I agree with you on Ballintubber and Knockmore but just cant put money on them.........Hence Charlestown the value bet of the weekend in Mayo

As for Castlebar v Breaffy, thats why i left them out of the certs Accum, that can in my opinion go either way and at 1/4 too short to put in an accum and at 10/3 for whats envisaged as a tight game cant be passed up..........It's value for money really looking at I suppose!

You Sound like a Mayo Man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 smurifit

Clubmad wrote: »
    Good man, another one on Board, always a good thing to have people with different opinions of games, keeps folks away.

I agree with you on Ballintubber and Knockmore but just cant put money on them.........Hence Charlestown the value bet of the weekend in Mayo

As for Castlebar v Breaffy, thats why i left them out of the certs Accum, that can in my opinion go either way and at 1/4 too short to put in an accum and at 10/3 for whats envisaged as a tight game cant be passed up..........It's value for money really looking at I suppose!

You Sound like a Mayo Man :D

Close enough to mayo to know about the football anyway!! Ya charlestown are def good value at 1/2...lump on!! Think ill prob go with all 4 in a smaller accum as well, it pays nearly 5-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

cavan fixtures are up...no relegation fixtures here either.

cavan gaels v Cuchulainns: gaels absolute dead certs as the price shows no value here at all.

kingscourt v gowna: gowna are an ageing team,but have plenty of experience.kingscourt are a younger team and are top of the table in the league.lost their first group match but got on track after that.they have been putting up massive scores all year.kingscourt by 4-5 points

ramor v lacken :ramor have won the u21 championship for the last 2 years and have quite a strong team,despite not having any senior county players for as long as i can remember.drew with cavan gaels in the group stages,thats the first championship game the gaels havent won since they lost the county final in 06 (i think,its def been a few years).lacken have some good players,ray galligan will score frees from anywhere,but when the pressure comes on he tends to disappear.even if galligan has a good game ramor should win by 3-4 points.

castlerahan v mullahoran : castlerahan had alot of underage success a few years ago,but havent converted it into senior success.have lost alot of players from last year,but still strong enough.mullahoran are mine and alot of other peoples second favs to win the championship.plenty of experience and should really be winning this one. mullahoran by 3-4.

in carlow i really cant see tinryland rathvilly or old leighlin losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

sound for the tips there lads!
    Quarters finals on here in the Waterford SFC

Ballinacourty v Ardmore.
    At 1/10 Ballinacourty offer no real value here and their best player gary hurney is a major doubt, he'd be a huge loss, Ardmore on their day can cause a surprise but theyve been poor all year and its unlikely,even if hurneys not playing. Balllinacourty by a few points

Ballinameela 4/1 v An Rinn 1/7.
    I'll be having a small punt on Ballinameela here!,great value at 4/1. They are newly promoted this year and twice out of their 3 group games theyve been 5/2 outsiders and won. An Rinn have been playing well all year but their best player Liam O Lionain (scored goal for Waterford in div4 league final v Limerick, v good player) has been injured for a good while, still not fit and wont be playing a full part so ive herd. An Rinn should still have the quality to come through this but itl be alot closer than odds suggest.

Kilrossanty 1/3 v Gaultier.
    It would be a surprise if Kilrossanty didnt come throguh this game. They are a football club through and through, dont really bother with hurling, and have been training hard for this.Looking to go 1 further than the semis last year. Out of the 8 teams left in the championship 7 are from the west of the county, football in the east isnt strong(no eastern winner since 99)and Gaultier remain the only 1 left at this stage. But they have been playing well this year,in the league and the group stages, qualified for the quarters through a playoff vs a poor Brickey Rangers, but were impressive. The rossi are 1s to add to a small accum here lads, should win but i wont be going big on them.

Stradbally 5/4 vs The Nire 8/11.
    This will be some game,They are the 2 best teams in the county, repeat of last years county final. Nire were 1/3 favs then but were beaten by 2 points. Theyl be out for revenge this time. Brick Walsh was missng that day for stradbally( just as good a footballer as a hurler) but it didnt seem to affect them. Both teams at full strength now and i really really fancy a draw here, 7/1 isnt great but its definetley worth a punt, there is nothing between these 2 and i cant see more than 2 points between the 2 if there is a winner saturday, if a had to pick 1 it would be stradbally,just. Seems theres money coming for them, were 11/8 now 5/4.

storykid wrote: »
    sound for the tips there lads!
    Quarters finals on here in the Waterford SFC

They play football in waterford..?:P
    Kilrossanty 1/3 v Gaultier.

Like the look of this one.

Right lads, we've got mayo, cavan, waterford, kerry covered. So here's sligo.

CURRY v Calry/St. Josephs
    Gonna keep this short and sweet as curry are gonna win by 4+ points. Curry play div. 1 league and have county players including experienced campaigner sean davey and adrian marren both of whom contributed to sligo's almost clean-sweep of connaught, marren especially in the two games against galway. I'm sure most of ye are aware that sligo juniors won the all-ireland last week. Their star forward and man of the match, david maye scored 0-8 and yes, plays with curry! Add to this curry have beaten a handy St. Johns team in the first round. St.Johns beat calry 0-16 to 0-9. I expect a similar defeat for calry this week. They've no stand-out players and play div.3 (junior league)

BALLYMOTE ROUND TOWERS v Shamrock Gaels
    Ballymote are playing div.1 league and average just under 15pts a game and have a pts difference of +48. They've also made a positive start to the championship beating a good geevagh side 0-16 to 1-12. Meanwhile shamrock gaels are mid-table in the intermediate league which contains a lot of poor teams. Shamrock gaels lost to geevagh 0-14 to 0-7 in the first round and i strongly expect to them to struggle on the scoring front again this weekend. Ballymote by 5+ pts.

In the other games, eastern harps v coolera/strandhill will be tight but i'd give the edge to the harps.
    Tubbercurry are playing st.marys in a do or die game for both teams. I'd punt for tubber as they have one of connaught's best players in david kelly, county midfielder gilmartin and sligo free-taker (when he's playing) mcgee.

My Big bet will definately include the two teams in bold though, PP say prices will be up tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Right this is what ive gone for this weekend thanks to the help of this forum

€10 accum

Kingscourt @ 1/3
    Dr Crokes @ 4/11
    St Patricks @3/10
    Charlestown @1/2

Good luck all

• Advertisement

Just spotted this in Longofrd........

Dromard 1/3 v Abbeylara

This is a snipit from the Longford Leader

"At the same stage of the championship last year Dromard beat Abbey by 15 points. All the damage was done in the second half and Abbey will be out to prove that result was just a once-off"

Surely worth it at 1/3.............

Also, called PP there at 3 , they said Sligo games up by 5 !

Best Luck All

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement