Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

skerry wrote: »
    You need to get a new job :D

Don't I know it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Grassey wrote: »
    From April 6th

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/88yrn2/new_game_pricing_for_the_south_african_eshop_from/

But also people commenting that some games XC2 for example have had huge jumps not reflective of the above.

Jan 21st according to the new article.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any thoughts on Tales of Vesperia? €45 is a decent mid-range price and it looks like a meaty enough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Played it years ago and enjoyed it. If you played and enjoyed any of the tales of series you'll likely enjoy it. For many it's the best though I'd give that to symphonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr E wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Tales of Vesperia? €45 is a decent mid-range price and it looks like a meaty enough game.

It is probably the third best game in the series, you could easily put 70-80 hours into it, but the series is an acquired taste and is overpriced at €45 for a nearly 11 year old game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, my Switch is playing merry hell with my Joycons and my new set.
    Random disconnects and irregular response to button presses.
    What the actual feck is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Any thoughts on Overcooked? Looks like it could be a bit of craic with the 7yr old who likes her cooking games on the phone.

Also, Overcooked special edition or Overcooked 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Overcooked nearly ruined my marriage, but yeah it's good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My wife loves Overcooked, but it stressed me out! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sugarman wrote: »
    Have you updated them all? Solved my issues.

First thing that happened when the new Joycons were attached, they updated.
    And the new ones and my original launch ones are acting the maggot.
    Bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Cianos wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Overcooked? Looks like it could be a bit of craic with the 7yr old who likes her cooking games on the phone.

Also, Overcooked special edition or Overcooked 2??

I'd jump on the special edition first. You get the first game and all the DLC for around 20. There's a good 10 hours of developing resentments between loved ones in there.

They released a free DLC pack for Overcooked 2 over Xmas. Absolute blast to zip through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sugarman wrote: »
    Did you update the console too? When mine were acting up, I updated them and it didn't do anything.. but then I updated the console and following that there was another update available for the joycons and that sorted it out.

Update everyrhing. Unpair all joycons. They pair then from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    First thing that happened when the new Joycons were attached, they updated.
    And the new ones and my original launch ones are acting the maggot.
    Bonkers.
    With all 4 acting up you'd have to suspect interference from somewhere is their anything else new in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Any recommendations for a case?

Do people have one for carrying the whole package and another for the console alone?

Also, I'm based in the UK, can i buy a euro giftcard for my nephew and send it to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

From a quick look this morning it looks like Nintendo have increased the price of first party titles on the South Africa store from R749 to R929 which is about €48 up to €59 which is a fairly significant increase :(

Been keeping an eye on Xenoblade but looks like I'll be getting it hardcopy from Amazon now as SA shop is pretty much on par with Irish shop for Nintendo published titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,764 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

skerry wrote: »
    From a quick look this morning it looks like Nintendo have increased the price of first party titles on the South Africa store from R749 to R929 which is about €48 up to €59 which is a fairly significant increase :(

Been keeping an eye on Xenoblade but looks like I'll be getting it hardcopy from Amazon now as SA shop is pretty much on par with Irish shop for Nintendo published titles.

It's all well and good doing that but it makes the games so much more expensive for the locals they will see a huge drop off in digital sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's all well and good doing that but it makes the games so much more expensive for the locals they will see a huge drop off in digital sales.
    I'd say they have done the maths and what they are loosing they will gain elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

TitianGerm wrote: »

Seems a bit unfair alright. Blurb on the Switch article was something do do with economic changes in the country IIRC.

So either the country is booming, or Nintendo is basing their predictions on the amount of sales in the SA store alone without taking into account that there are probably more customers registered in South Africa than there are people in the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

So bought my switch with Mario Kart and Odyssey for Xmas as a treat. Only really got it set up and going properly this weekend. Im so impressed and thrilled with the purchase. Im a casual gamer these days and was looking for something I could pick up and play whenever I have a free 30 minutes without getting too invested. Mario Kart online is perfect for that, its great fun and you wouldnt notice the hours passing away. Impressed with Nintendo Online, found myself getting lost in Mario 3 at the weekend, flashback to my childhood. Birthday nextw eek so asked the OH to pick me up Zelda. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

So bought my switch with Mario Kart and Odyssey for Xmas as a treat. Only really got it set up and going properly this weekend. Im so impressed and thrilled with the purchase. Im a casual gamer these days and was looking for something I could pick up and play whenever I have a free 30 minutes without getting too invested. Mario Kart online is perfect for that, its great fun and you wouldnt notice the hours passing away. Impressed with Nintendo Online, found myself getting lost in Mario 3 at the weekend, flashback to my childhood. Birthday nextw eek so asked the OH to pick me up Zelda. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Great fun!

Best of luck playing Zelda casually :pac:

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »

"I'm just having a quick go, then to bed"
    "Close the curtains, work is for fools, don't you understand, I have Hyrule to save!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

kart, odyssey, botw: you lucky lucky person. Take you time and savour them. Also play then on a big screen too and get yourself a pro controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Anyone play Earthlock? Thinking about getting it as I like the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

No such thing as casual Zelda...anytime ive set aside a quick hour all I ever have to show for it is either a tie died armour or 10 chickens thrown back in a coop haha

petes wrote: »
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    "I'm just having a quick go, then to bed"

** Hours Later **

Sh*t, is that daylight?

FYP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Is anyone going to get Wargroove for the Switch?

Looks good, very advanced wars like and there's cross-play between all consoles that it will be on.

Cheapest seems to be on the SA shop.

Yeah looks good. Only about €2 cheaper though. I think I'll wait for reviews first (I'm cautiously optimistic though)

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah looks good. Only about €2 cheaper though. I think I'll wait for reviews first (I'm cautiously optimistic though)

Same,I have enough games to play while I wait.

The whole cross customisation of the game with custom made campaigns sounds great. I have about 5 euro of gold points on the sa account so prob gonna buy it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Soooo.

Absolutely loving life with my Switch (you're free to say I told you so) but looking to make a little pickup over the weekend. Mario Kart and Odyssey have been great so far, and I want to ensure I don't go down the route I normally do, buy a load of games with no time to play them. Want to try finish things before buying. But I think I would like something new to the collection already.

Toying with getting something "indie" in the sense, not a first party title. Plenty of suggestions on this forum, youtube and the likes. Wondering if there is any universally agreed MUST have's.

Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight and Stardew Valley keep coming up. Overcooked(that what its called) gets a lot of mention too.

Leaning towards Stardew Valley. My GF is playing the switch a lot more than I expected and think she might dig this.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Soooo.

Absolutely loving life with my Switch (you're free to say I told you so) but looking to make a little pickup over the weekend. Mario Kart and Odyssey have been great so far, and I want to ensure I don't go down the route I normally do, buy a load of games with no time to play them. Want to try finish things before buying. But I think I would like something new to the collection already.

Toying with getting something "indie" in the sense, not a first party title. Plenty of suggestions on this forum, youtube and the likes. Wondering if there is any universally agreed MUST have's.

Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight and Stardew Valley keep coming up. Overcooked(that what its called) gets a lot of mention too.

Leaning towards Stardew Valley. My GF is playing the switch a lot more than I expected and think she might dig this.

If you like Farming games then this is ideal, such a great time sink.

Advertisement