Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Oak Santry Dublin 9

• 20-01-2019 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi

interested in purchasing house here but it is very close to the motorway....
    would anyone have any insight or maybe have live or lived there

My main concern is the noise from cars whizzing by...I presume this is 24\7? Any methods of blocking out this noise or is it even that bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

A colleague bought there maybe twenty years ago. She never mentioned cars but the noise from planes overhead was terrible. She got used to it but a pal stayed overnight and couldnt sleep at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭StoptheClocks

I lived in Royal oak green for a year. I can't remember the motorway noise or planes being a problem. I live close to the m3 now. The first few weeks the noise bothered me trying to sleep at night but you get used to it and block it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The houses there have bad heat insulation(like alot of estates), the local Centra is your walk in shop open all hours. The noise from the planes really happen when there is a change from the usual wind direction and the flight path is changed to fly over Royal Oak, then things can really shake in your house!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

I live in Northwood, and you get used to the noise when the alternate runway is used.
    Upside - your house is very close to the airport if you are flying
    Downside - your house is very close to the airport if family are flying into/out of Dublin Airport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

jd wrote: »
    I live in Northwood, and you get used to the noise when the alternate runway is used.
    Upside - your house is very close to the airport if you are flying
    Downside - your house is very close to the airport if family are flying into/out of Dublin Airport :)

also northwood is very close to town?

25 min cycle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

mkdon wrote: »
    also northwood is very close to town?

25 min cycle?
    Same distance as Royal Oak - other side of the Swords Road.

Advertisement