Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

band saw blades

• 17-01-2019 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I have recently bought a draper 250mm 420w wood band saw and after only a very few cuts the blade will not cut straight and seems to be dulled, have adjusted guides as necessary. would anyone know where I could source a suitable high carbon steel blade for same around the Cavan (Virginia) area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

I order my blades through WH Raitt up in Donegal (https://www.whraitt.ie/) - they're a family business, lovely to deal with and solid prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Make sure the blade is tracking on the centre of the wheels. IF not there should be an adjustment on the back of the top wheel. A new blade is essential - you may have to mail order if the length is non standard. Have a look at www.tuffsaws.co.uk - they have a great range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Is the tension high enough on the blade?

Few videos on YouTube about bandsaw setup I found helpful but you'll never get a cheap one to perform as well as a professional type machine.

Advertisement