Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The game has gone extremely single-player focused. It's a shame. If you really want to experience the content I'm sure you can do it all solo without any issue. More so if you play specific class/specs - like Beastmaster Hunter.

I still keep my ear to the ground on the latest happenings in WoW and despite a new patch (8.1.5) around the corner, I still can't bring myself to re-subscribe or even find a desire to play the expansion at all. Nothing seems exciting and the entire expansion seems to be an un-fun mess.

I do miss playing Battlegrounds with my friends but even then - I know if I came back for that, I'd still have nothing to work towards. Especially considering how stupidly restricted Rated Battlegrounds are to participate in. Mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Its not even fun solo stuff anymore, the class design is terrible and the current systems in place are not fun to play. Allot of people i know who are doing allot of solo activity is down to achievement hunting rather than the newer content.

The only hope is 8.2 where they drop the original azerite system and replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Calhoun wrote: »
    Its not even fun solo stuff anymore, the class design is terrible and the current systems in place are not fun to play. Allot of people i know who are doing allot of solo activity is down to achievement hunting rather than the newer content.

The only hope is 8.2 where they drop the original azerite system and replace it.

Replace it with what? Unfortunately it looks like its too engrained in this patch for it to be crowbarred out.

I havent been on in months and i dont see myself going back anytime soon.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Replace it with what? Unfortunately it looks like its too engrained in this patch for it to be crowbarred out.

I havent been on in months and i dont see myself going back anytime soon.

Apparently the new system has all the rings unlocked by default. Below is from mmo champ, excuse the formatting I'm on a phone so won't be cleaning up .

As the team looks ahead, they want to significantly change how they are approaching the system.
    This will be the last tier that you’ll have to unlock the powers on. Moving forward, they will probably be unlocked, giving you armor that presents choice.
    The team will shift AP to the Heart itself, allowing you to make choices about permanent powers, potentially active abilities. More to share in the future!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't know why, but i'm reinstalling this at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has it got any better since the launch, I have not touched it since September.

Xenji wrote: »
    Has it got any better since the launch, I have not touched it since September.

Not really and it won't get better until 8.2, when they change how the neck piece works.

So you can buy game time with gold now? Is that new?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Kiith wrote: »

I thought it was always there but it took an awfull lot of gold, saying that i could be completely wrong....😀😀

This was 160k i think. Figure why not, saves me paying anything and assuming my urge to play only lasts a few days, it works out well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Feels 2ish years old

Yeah thought that gold for subs thing is old.

Is there any major shakeup in classes for 8.2? Like the Shaman being useful again?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Yeah thought that gold for subs thing is old.

Is there any major shakeup in classes for 8.2? Like the Shaman being useful again?

To be honest I don't think so , I believe allot of the class mechanics team got **** canned during the week.

To be honest I don't think so , I believe allot of the class mechanics team got **** canned during the week.

I'd say that'll be me then until the next expansion if at all, game has become too dumbed down over the past few years that any choice to be different in a class is gone.

I want to like and play the game, i love the lore but there isnt enough of it to keep me interested right now.

I have started playing FF14.

I want to like and play the game, i love the lore but there isnt enough of it to keep me interested right now.

I have started playing FF14.

Is it any use? I watched a few streams of it but its all end game and i have no idea whats going on.

I've tried to get into FF14 a few times, but can't get past the levelling. It just seems so slow, and i've no interest in the story. It's supposed to get really good during the expansions though (one of the better FF stories from what i've heard). And the end game is supposed to be excellent.

I like it one of the things that always out me off was that it was on rails compared to what wow used to be. The game has allot more complexity and depth than wow does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

well finally the trolls and fat people will be here next Tuesday i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Lone Stone wrote: »
    well finally the trolls and fat people will be here next Tuesday i think

Mind deciphering that one for us?

• Advertisement

the zandalari and kil tirian can be unlocked come Tuesday i believe

Not Tuesday, it's Tuesday US and Weds Europe.

Some nice things coming brawlers guild, a nice new Hunter only quest and the new miniraid open soon .

Also currently their is a rep buff bonus till the update so you get like double the rep to help hit those cap's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I had said I'd probably return when the Zandalari Paladins are available but I actually don't think I will. I've had zero draw towards the game at all this year.
    I'll wait and see what people are saying about whatever number they're up to now on the patches. Will see in a month or so.
    The Division will keep me occupied until then.

yea i subbed with gold, and the game is dead like i dont think i ever seen it so empty before. And i feel like they have added nothing at all since i left, i mean they added some raids but besides that the game just dead it's weird, the quest lines i read about were really short when i actually played them. Playing on and off since vanila and usually you always have some thing to do but it's just weird to see wow like this.

I played a bit over the last few days, and the world definitely seems more dead then it has in a long while. Seems to have had a mass exodus in the last few months, which isn't surprising. They'll probably all come back for whatever the next expansion is though.

I played a bit over the last few days, and the world definitely seems more dead then it has in a long while. Seems to have had a mass exodus in the last few months, which isn't surprising. They'll probably all come back for whatever the next expansion is though.

If they keep moving towards making the game more like a mobile game nobody will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Classic will have people back in the summer. Including myself... at least for a while until we realise how much of a $hit show it was levelling unarmed skill in Scarlet Monastery was again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Running to dead mines i will never forget.

• Advertisement

I think everyone just wants to recapture that feeling that we got when playing classic, without realising that classic was an absolute mess by today's standards. That feeling isn't coming back, as most of us are 15 years older now. I'll never forget that first deadmines visit...it was absolutely amazing walking through that door and seeing the ship. But that won't happen in Classic.

Most people will play it for a month or two, and then leave.

Advertisement