Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Long distance tri suit?

Options
  • 18-01-2019 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Need something suitable for an Ironman but finding it quite hard to get anything in my size at the moment (wtf?)

Had my eye on a Castelli all out speed but can't get a medium anywhere.

Any other suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I only recently bought a HUUB DS long course tri suit off Amazon. Really nice suit and a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Cycletec does stuff thats pretty good. Irish company that consistently outperformes stuff twice the price for their speed suits. The new tri suit looks good and is still cheaper than any hyped suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Peter,

Do they have a website? I am only finding mobile cycle repairs when I google that name.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I like the Velo Revolution suits. Another Irish company. Link here.
    I used the sleeved suit for Barcelona last year and found it very comfortable.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I only recently bought a HUUB DS long course tri suit off Amazon. Really nice suit and a good price.

Sportspursuit had them on special recently. They tend to appear in their flash sales quite a bit.

P.

• Advertisement

Peter,

Do they have a website? I am only finding mobile cycle repairs when I google that name.

Cheers.

https://www.shop-velotec.cc/collections/tri-wear-2018/products/elite-aero-shorts-sleeve-tri-suit

They do one For 100 euro which is I guess the very similar to the velorevolution one ( as they don't do much marketing)

I bought one of their cycle speedsuits last year and modified it a bit.
    Ps do mention about shipping cost to Ireland and they will refund a bit ( they might have changed that already.

As I said in aero tests they often beat the top suits that cost. Twice and trice more.

Their sizing is Italian castelli like
    With their speed suit they have a tall suit which is great

to add if you plan to roll down your suit in the swim suits like lg roka some castelli etc etc where the zipp opens and suit is kinda disconnected at the front can be an advantage.

everything has pros and cons and in a way as with many new things they create as many problems than solutions ... i happen to believe very strongly that your skin should not be exposed on the bike in an full as nothing is worse than a sunburn for core temp ( covered arms do make me more aero but thats not a given for everybody and the added stress often dosnt make it worth it
    tri aero suits have a very short life span if you pull them up after a swim. for instance out of a speedsuit i reckon i get at least twice the races out than a tri aero suit as the bike speed suits just tend to use thicker material and keeps in shape longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

peter kern wrote: »
    tri aero suits have a very short life span if you pull them up after a swim. for instance out of a speedsuit i reckon i get at least twice the races out than a tri aero suit as the bike speed suits just tend to use thicker material and keeps in shape longer.

Peter, i actually have always been slightly confused between the difference in a Tri Suit and a Cycling Speedsuit. I always tend to believe the Speedsuit probably had a thicker chamois for cycling (that presumably doesnt dry as well) and the Tri Suit is probably thinner to allow it dry faster.

Do you wear Speedsuits for triathlons ?

Cona wrote: »
    Peter, i actually have always been slightly confused between the difference in a Tri Suit and a Cycling Speedsuit. I always tend to believe the Speedsuit probably had a thicker chamois for cycling (that presumably doesnt dry as well) and the Tri Suit is probably thinner to allow it dry faster.

Do you wear Speedsuits for triathlons ?

speedsuit is cut for tt positions so not as good for running.

speedsuits dry very fast as well i never saw that an issue .

yes i do wear speedsuits for ironmans ( it depends on a few things what i chose ) and then change to run gear .

Advertisement