Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

paulos53 wrote: »
    Justin Rose has a chance to get back to World Number 1 without playing this week.
    Brooks Koepka needs to finish T8 to stay at the top but is +3 and 30th out of 33 players after the first round of the Tournament of Champions

Justin is probably taking the week off to practice with his new clubs, you won't be hearing the usual "Put the new Taylor Made Driver in the bag this week" It's the new Honama this and that he'll be talking about but retailing at around 700 euro for a driver,I don't know what market they'll be aiming for..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Justin is probably taking the week off to practice with his new clubs, you won't be hearing the usual "Put the new Taylor Made Driver in the bag this week" It's the new Honama this and that he'll be talking about but retailing at around 700 euro for a driver,I don't know what market they'll be aiming for..

Is he changing to a Honma driver too? I thought he was keeping TM through the woods, and just changing the irons

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Is he changing to a Honma driver too? I thought he was keeping TM through the woods, and just changing the irons

If you Google Justin Rose Honma,it says that he is contracted to carry 10 clubs including driver, Funny thing is honma's chief club designer has jumped ship recently from Taylor Made so Justin will probably be playing an M5 M6 driver with a Honma badge...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

59 watch on Phil tonight. 11 under thru 16. 2 birdies for it.

On another note, shocking start for Seamus Power. 3 over thru 10

Edit: Jinxed it again!! Another year, another jinx of the 59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Phil finishes with a 12 under 60. Better than some 59s I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Phil was brutal in the Ryder cup - in fact so bad was thinking it was the beginning of the end.

He is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Phil was brutal in the Ryder cup - in fact so bad was thinking it was the beginning of the end.

He is unreal.

Must have spent some of that 9 million on a few lessons.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

He is unreal.

Did I see the stat right, he only had 21 putts in the round :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did I see the stat right, he only had 21 putts in the round :eek:

Probably chipped in 8 times

• Registered Users Posts: 37,495 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Phil played too much last year and fell off a cliff later in the season.
    If you remember he started well last season too.
    He is heading for 50 now and needs to manage his schedule better than he did last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Phil played too much last year and fell off a cliff later in the season.
    If you remember he started well last season too.
    He is heading for 50 now and needs to manage his schedule better than he did last year.

Agree, I think the RC was a bridge too far for both Tiger and Phil

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Watching the featured groups in the Farmers. Tiger can't buy a putt and is +1.
    Rahm leads at -7 currently, Day -4. Neither of RAM and Day are in the featured groups which is annoying.

As I type the full coverage is just starting.

It is lovely to sit down and see Tiger back and so many great golfers in the mix.

One of the courses looks genuinely looks very easy.
    Little or no trees.

Going to be some season - with all these lads.

Are they alternating which course they're on or is it all the South course?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Are they alternating which course they're on or is it all the South course?

1 half on SC NC alternated for the first 2 days and then sat sunday SC

Rory with an outside chance at his 3rd eagle today, feature group on sky

Hilarious hug between Speith and Reed on the first tee today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Are featured groups on somewhere?

• Advertisement

Are featured groups on somewhere?

Live coverage just starting

Rose flying it with the new clubs

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Mark Roe is a very tough listen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I find him terrible. If he was a member in my club I'd avoid him like the plague. Its hard to believe he was/is actually a top golfer with the sort of sh1te he comes out with.

But then I just went to Wikipedia to see how good a golfer he actually was/is and while he must be pretty good the first line is this :D
    Mark Adrian Roe is an English professional golfer, best known for being disqualified from the 2003 Open Championship for a scorecard error.

Starting to get a little interesting. Rose faltering a little with some uncharacteristic shots from him.

Not sure what is wrong here.

Sound of crowd not right or no atmosphere.

Top leaderboard, but so many of these us events, feel like picking up a pay cheque.

Not a fan of Rose myself, so probably not helping.

Just feel you need Tiger or Rory at top to make these rather boring US events.

Course looks very average too.

Rose is boring for sure. If Rahm got going there would be a bit of excitement but he looks down on himself.
    Runaway leader, Tiger on the other side of the course, no Phil, Bubba, Bryson or Dusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Tiger wearing pink on a Sunday. Killer (red) instinct left for another day?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Tiger wearing pink on a Sunday. Killer (red) instinct left for another day?

It was red

• Advertisement

Not sure what is wrong here.

Sound of crowd not right or no atmosphere.

Top leaderboard, but so many of these us events, feel like picking up a pay cheque.

Not a fan of Rose myself, so probably not helping.

Just feel you need Tiger or Rory at top to make these rather boring US events.

Course looks very average too.

This course is average?? Seriously. I’m not sure what you want from a course. It’s a top class golf course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement