Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Same Leopard 90 - PTO Problems

Options
  • 04-01-2019 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi,
    Iv got a Same Leopard 90 4wd tractor, and i let the back axle oil run low when doing some mowing last summer.

PTO stopped working in her.

I then topped it up with oil, and gave it a brake for a while.

Started it up again and the PTO worked away fine, but now i am unable to turn off the PTO. Lever wont work.

Any idea what damage iv done, or how to fix?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

There is a filter you can access from underneath, that supplies oil to the pto clutch pack and brake bands.
    It sits vertically above a bung.
    The brake requires more oil than the clutch pack, so a dirty filter can cause this symptom.
    If the filter is clean, you've got a burned out brake band, and that's a cab off job to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    There is a filter you can access from underneath, that supplies oil to the pto clutch pack and brake bands.
    It sits vertically above a bung.
    The brake requires more oil than the clutch pack, so a dirty filter can cause this symptom.
    If the filter is clean, you've got a burned out brake band, and that's a cab off job to fix.

Thanks Nekasulm.
    looks like its a burnt-out brake band so. jaysus.

u sure i need to take off the cab?

can i not get at it under the seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thanks Nekasulm.
    looks like its a burnt-out brake band so. jaysus.

u sure i need to take off the cab?

can i not get at it under the seat?

You'd have to cut the floor out the cab........
    I have a manual somewhere, I'll take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    You'd have to cut the floor out the cab........
    I have a manual somewhere, I'll take a look.

that would be great. thanks a million.

Advertisement