Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D - feedback and discussion - charter development

• 31-12-2018 4:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It’s probably time to have a chat about the d&d community on boards. We, obviously, chat frequently about werewolves etc, but perhaps it’s time to chat about d&d, what we need to do to make sure it works on boards.

I see a suggestion for editing the charter to make editing of posts okay in d&d - that’s absolutely no problem.

Let’s get a charter specific to d&d together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Where's my codenames crown????

:D

I'll get me coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Most of the charter works as is,

just here,

Game rules
    The OP of each game will outline the general rules of the game being played, however the following rules apply to all games:
    1) There is to be absolutely no editing of posts. There will be a zero tolerance approach.
    2) Metagaming is very much frowned upon.
    3) Things can get heated - you may be called a liar or untrustworthy, deceitful etc etc and that is part of the game. If at any stage you feel a personal attack outside of the remit of the game has occurred, report the post for the attention of the forum moderators who will respond as appropriate.

If there are any questions, feel free to PM one of the moderators.

These are ww centric game rules, so possibly.

Game rules
    The OP of each game will outline the general rules of the game being played, however the following rules apply to all games:

1) Metagaming is very much frowned upon.
    2) Things can get heated - you may be called a liar or untrustworthy, deceitful etc etc and that is part of the game. If at any stage you feel a personal attack outside of the remit of the game has occurred, report the post for the attention of the forum moderators who will respond as appropriate.

Additional rules for specific games.
    Werewolf & Codenames
    1) There is to be absolutely no editing of posts by players. There will be a zero tolerance approach. Game mods and captains have exemptions to this rule.

If there are any questions, feel free to PM one of the moderators.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think the above is a fair way to modify the charter so players for D&D/Codenames aren't in breach of the FG Charter.

I suppose to explain why, sully - in the RPGs we play there's often a need for the GM to clarify further in their post or alter positioning of items in a room people enter to make it clearer.

Rather than jumble it up with a double post with the same information albeit slightly different and potentially confuse the players, the edit function is helpful to have.

Likewise for players, they may cross post with the GM and wish to remove - or retcon - it (which is permitted in RPGs such as D&D and Vampire) to alter their post to the new information provided.

Currently doing that means we're essentially breaking FG Charter rules, which while we know that you guys are not going to punish us for in respect of D&D - still leaves it as a technical rule breach. So for the good of us all sKeith's wording or something similar would be beneficial to all of us :)

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Yeah sKeith's post seems fine to me. As Necro said you'd often edit posts in light of information, example:

DM: The Sheriff walks into the room.
    Player: I ask Cock Robin "Who is he?"
    DM: Oh sorry the Sheriff is a she

Then the player would edit.

I'll have a look at the rest of the charter soon.

Advertisement