Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gambling addiction

• 18-12-2015 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Good morning,

I have being thinking about this for weeks now. I am a Recovering compulsive gambler. With xmas just around the corner for the last 18 years I always remember xmas as a time I hated to part with money for gifts because I wanted to keep money for my ammunition for gambling.. I am writing this piece as gambling is a scourge in peoples life's. In recovery from gambling can be tough but not as tough as being stuck in the rut of the rat race of gambling. Basically for anyone who thinks they have a gambling problem don't feel alone because your not there is a lot of us gamblers out there an awful lot some stuck in the rat race and others in recovery.. If you are stuck in the rat race give yourself a gift this time of the year and seek help for this horrible emotional illness.. There is gambler s anonymous meetings every day of the week inmost big cities. Gambling destroyed my life I am rebuilding it now and I have no problem sharing my story. I am hoping to update these posts weekly on how my recovery is going so others can relate to it and get out of the rat race like I am its just a day at a time for me.

Thank you and happy xmas too all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Best of luck jasmith - how long has it been since you gambled?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jasmith

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Best of luck jasmith - how long has it been since you gambled?

Sorry i have being off gambling now since the 28th June 2015

Advertisement