Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VtM Part Three - City in Motion

• 26-11-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Lysander wakes.

Above him he sees beams pale moonlight shining through floorboard cracks.

Looking around he seems to be in a small room with some farming equipment and a ladder.

Somewhere nearby a guitar plays softly.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander pushes lightly at the floorboards and slowly pulls himself to his feet, surveying the room he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander pushes lightly at the floorboards and slowly pulls himself to his feet, surveying the room he is in.
    The floorboards lift above him, leading out to what looks like a shed.

From here he can see the door of the shed. A man sits playing the guitar and beyond him lies the desert.

JL7CeK.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander slowly and quietly approaches the door and as he gets closer tries to make out if he recognises the man with the guitar.

Approaching the man, Lysander can hear his heartbeat. The smell of his blood is new, Lysander does not know this man.

No slight pick up in heart rate or change in perspiration consistent with adrenaline can be felt or smelt by Lysander, so the man has yet to notice him.

Lysander considers feeding, but deigns against it for now at least. He approaches the guitar player, and puts on his best country accent

'Nice night for a song, ain't it feller?'

• Advertisement

The man turns around in shock, going to hit Lysander with his guitar on instinct.

When he sees his face he stops pretty much instantly.

"Ah Señor Karpov...sorry you move very silently" the man's accent is Mexican "Nice to meet you"

Fourier wrote: »
    The man turns around in shock, going to hit Lysander with his guitar on instinct.

When he sees his face he stops pretty much instantly.

"Ah Señor Karpov...sorry you move very silently" the man's accent is Mexican "Nice to meet you"

Lysander smiles.

'You're not the first person to say that to me.... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name.'

He looks out at the desert briefly.

'So, the South, yes? I presume you were waiting for me, I wonder why?'

"Si, the South, just South of San Diego, near Dulzura. I am Francisco....well to you I am a ghoul of Señor Robin"

He puts down the guitar.

"I have being looking after you. Removed the stake from your heart today on Robin's orders"

"Si, the South, just South of San Diego, near Dulzura. I am Francisco....well to you I am a ghoul of Señor Robin"

He puts down the guitar.

"I have being looking after you. Removed the stake from your heart today on Robin's orders"

Lysander looks at Francisco oddly.

'Stake? Why was I staked in the first place.... Where is Robin?'

"Robin said you needed to staked so you could not be found...I do not understand the details, he said your blood would be too cold to sense"

OOC: Lysander would not really know for sure what this meant.

He points toward a white building, a bunker of some form, on the horizon.

"Robin is over there, he does not permit me too approach"

• Advertisement

"Robin said you needed to staked so you could not be found...I do not understand the details, he said your blood would be too cold to sense"

OOC: Lysander would not really know for sure what this meant.

He points toward a white building, a bunker of some form, on the horizon.

"Robin is over there, he does not permit me too approach"

'I guess that's where I have to go then. Any easier way than walking?'

He starts walking away towards the building anyways, not expecting any assistance.

"Not that I know of Señor Karpov" Francisco calls as Lysander walks out.

Within about an hour Lysander reaches the bunker. The white walls have been scrubbed clean of Vitae recently, he can sense it.

The door is heavily bolted.

"Not that I know of Señor Karpov" Francisco calls as Lysander walks out.

Within about an hour Lysander reaches the bunker. The white walls have been scrubbed clean of Vitae recently, he can sense it.

The door is heavily bolted.

Lysander examines the bolted door and looks around the front for any other entrances, an intercom, camera or anything that might allow him a way in.

Lysander examines the bolted door and looks around the front for any other entrances, an intercom, camera or anything that might allow him a way in.
    A smear of Vitae lies on the door. It's Cock Robin's.

The only other "entrance" in a sense is a ventilation shaft a few yards from the building itself. A very slight amount of steam rises from it.

A smear of Vitae lies on the door. It's Cock Robin's.

The only other "entrance" in a sense is a ventilation shaft a few yards from the building itself. A very slight amount of steam rises from it.

Lysander checks out the ventilation shaft.

Lysander walks toward the ventilation shaft, but about four yards from it, his feet almost stop of their own accord. An automatic reaction. The steam is burning Vitae.

Vitae of a very powerful vampire.

Lysander attempts to turn and makes for the door again. He tries the bolts to see if they will open, or if they can be broken off.

Lysander attempts to turn and makes for the door again. He tries the bolts to see if they will open, or if they can be broken off.
    On touching the bolts the Vitae on the door recognises Lysander and the door reveals itself as a powerful illusion.

The entrance way lies open into a corridor with two rooms on each side and a vault door at the back.

The vault door is currently slightly open.

Lysander makes his way down the left side of the corridor slowly and quietly and checks the first room.

The first room contains a study desk and an ornate chair. Hot Vitae in a cup lies on the desk next to several obscure texts. Lysander can read some of the Latin names:

On the Antediluvians
    Those of the first city
    The Book of Nod: Complete 17th century commentaries
    Translation of Babylonian tablets concerning the Elders

He evens sees Netchurch's book that he himself had read.

Sprawling over the desk are Cock Robin's notes. Even a quick glance reveals he has figured out what Clarissa is.

• Advertisement

Lysander continues on down the corridor and looks in the second room.

Here Lysander finds a couple of human bodies, but more shockingly some Neonates.

All drained dry.

The floor of the room is bare soil and the walls are a dull grey, unlike the last room which was a cosy study.

At the center of the room is a tree whose roots extend into the blood drenched soil. It's fruits are packed with blood.

Lysander examines the Neonates to see does he recognise any of them.

Lysander examines the Neonates to see does he recognise any of them.
    He recognises a few from the recent meeting among the Primogens. They were outside waiting for their leaders.

He has also seen one or two at the Asylum nightclub.

None he knows personally, but what Cock Robin is doing seriously violates Camarilla law.

Lysander leaves the room and makes for the vault. This is getting stranger and stranger. He considers going back to check the rooms on the right, but deigns against it.

Within the vault he finds Cock Robin kneeling on the ground, concentrating with all his might.

The room is bare, with metallic walls.

Clarissa is pinned to the wall with metallic stakes. One through her heart, several in her ribs and one driven into each eye.

Cock Robin doesn't react on Lysander's approach.

Within the vault he finds Cock Robin kneeling on the ground, concentrating with all his might.

The room is bare, with metallic walls.

Clarissa is pinned to the wall with metallic stakes. One through her heart, several in her ribs and one driven into each eye.

Cock Robin doesn't react on Lysander's approach.

'R-Rob? What are you doing?'

"Lysander...."

He winces.

"...I'm trying to...control her..."

He leans forward and coughs up Vitae.

"I...it's too much...she an antediluvian or something...has she had you in her thrall this whole time?"

Lysander can now see that Cock Robin is using some kind of ritual to continuously burn Clarissa's flesh, but it's healing as he does it.

"I'm afraid she'll force the stakes out and then...."

He grimaces as something takes hold of him.

"LYSANDER RELEASE ME!!" Clarissa's voice blares out of Cock Robin's mouth.

However he then reasserts control.

"She's managing that more and more frequently for the last two days"

'She is bound, Cock Robin. The owl assisted me in doing so. What happened whilst I was... staked?'

He approaches Clarissa and looks at her.

'Calm down and I might consider releasing you. This behaviour needs to stop young lady!'

• Advertisement

As soon as the final sentence exits Lyusander's mouth, Clarissa's Vitae goes silent.

Cock Robin takes a split second to react, accidentally continuing the ritual enough to burn off her hands.

"She is bound? How....how the hell have you bound her...the owl? What is she?" Cock Robin looks scared and confused.

Advertisement