Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing crown on implant?

• 17-04-2021 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have 2 dental implants that replaced my two front teeth. This work was carried out approx. 7 years ago by an oral surgeon in Dublin.

Now, one of my front teeth has noticeably moved and is lower than the other. This has happened very gradually over the last few years but now I am noticing it more (probably because of all the video calls I am on). My teeth do look awful but I was happy to ignore it up to now.

Can I ask advise please? Can I go to a regular dentist and they replace the crown on the implant? Or any recommendations of who I should see. The practice that did my work are still in business but my surgeon is long gone. They were one of the low cost places but I was happy with their work at the time.

Also, I’m curious why might this have occurred. Is it just something that happens or maybe I unknowingly banged my tooth.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Fuzzybelle wrote: »
    I have 2 dental implants that replaced my two front teeth. This work was carried out approx. 7 years ago by an oral surgeon in Dublin.

Now, one of my front teeth has noticeably moved and is lower than the other. This has happened very gradually over the last few years but now I am noticing it more (probably because of all the video calls I am on). My teeth do look awful but I was happy to ignore it up to now.

Can I ask advise please? Can I go to a regular dentist and they replace the crown on the implant? Or any recommendations of who I should see. The practice that did my work are still in business but my surgeon is long gone. They were one of the low cost places but I was happy with their work at the time.

Also, I’m curious why might this have occurred. Is it just something that happens or maybe I unknowingly banged my tooth.

So I have the same issue, will go back for new crowns. For you I dont think there is anything else to be done but one of the actual dentists/surgeons can advise. Going back to the old place will be fine i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fuzzybelle

Cheers. Thanks for that.

Advertisement