Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urban/stylish/trendy clothing for a 40 something female

• 08-05-2021 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Most offerings in Next etc are floral. Would anyone know where to go to find some thing a bit different - not floral, not polyester and not costing an arm and a leg. Something with a decent cut to it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Ollibelo wrote: »
    Most offerings in Next etc are floral. Would anyone know where to go to find some thing a bit different - not floral, not polyester and not costing an arm and a leg. Something with a decent cut to it..

Pamela Scott sometimes carries a brand called Opus. Some nice stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Mint Velvet
    Sugarhill
    Boden

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Similar age and preferences here. I buy from COS and Arket. Nice fabrics. Be prepared to try on and return though as the cuts don’t always suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I wish Wallis and Next would get away from the florals and animal prints. Their dresses fit me well, but who wants multiple floral versions of the same dress.

Phase 8 can be good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wish Wallis and Next would get away from the florals and animal prints. Their dresses fit me well, but who wants multiple floral versions of the same dress.

Phase 8 can be good as well.

Their fabrics are ****e though. Next children’s clothes are much better quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

fits wrote: »
    Similar age and preferences here. I buy from COS and Arket. Nice fabrics. Be prepared to try on and return though as the cuts don’t always suit.

Another vote for COS and Arket. Uniqlo especially some of +J (Jill Sander), U (Lemaire) or JWA specials. Kitri do nice dresses but they like florals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

& Other Stories is related to COS but can be better fitting. COS like big and flowly but well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

LaRedoute can be good sometimes however you have to check their materials. I like Other Stories too. Both brands can be heavy on prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

meeeeh wrote: »
    Another vote for COS and Arket. Uniqlo especially some of +J (Jill Sander), U (Lemaire) or JWA specials. Kitri do nice dresses but they like florals.

I love Uniqlo, got a huge order from their recent sale at the weekend. Every single thing is gorgeous and fits well. But I always shop in there when I'm in London so I know my sizes.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Seasalt are good quality and some nice bits in the collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Hush and Comptoir de Cotonniers (owned by Uniqlo!) are good options, have more of an urban/contemporary feel and offer more than just the usual polyester/viscose crap that you get with a lot of other retailers. I gravitate more towards French brands now and to a lesser extent some of the Scandi ones as I find the quality is a lot better than many of the UK outlets. So Sezane, C de C, The Kooples (lovely silk summer dresses but can be pricey) ,Cos, Arket, & Other Stories. Whistles are another option. Probably all a bit more expensive than Next but better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Try Zalando?

Advertisement