Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adobe Creative Suite

• 16-09-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can the Adobe Creative Suite be bought outright at all online anymore or is it just all monthly?

Is there anyway of buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 theWebAdvisor

Monthly subscription is the only way now with Adobe. If you wanted to own out right you can buy CS5 sometimes if people are selling old copies, just make sure they have deactivated the licence, depends what you need from the suite and your usage.
    For most of the Adobe applications there are other good software alternatives now available such as Sketch, Affinity etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Nolic

The reason i ask about the Adobe package is because I know how to use it. I haven't used the Sketch or Affinity before. I'd need Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects and Premier Pro. Is the Adobe 5 the last version sold as a package?

Anywhere were I could buy Adobe 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 theWebAdvisor

You can get versions of cs6 also, that would be the last one, again if buying second hand make sure person selling has de-activated their licence otherwise you won't be able to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 elenaaustin87

Been using Photoshop since Photoshop 6, and CC has been well worth the money.

If $52/month seems pricy for professional development, I'd dial it back to just a couple of apps. Dreamweaver in particular isn't very useful these days.

Advertisement