Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAAF to train IAC Pilots

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭roadmaster

sparky42 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the taskings and the shortfall of pilots mean there's training restrictions. I mean there has been reports of the Air Ambulance eating into pilots availability.

There would be some panic in Dublin if the lads in Aus rang home and said the RAAF have offered us contracts and we like the sun so where staying

I seen last week the Air Corps had pictures up of the two pilots in Australia who are training on King Airs and then will go operational with them for a period of time. Would it not of being more beneficial to send them to a nation like Canada who fly the casa 295 so they would come back fully trained on aircraft similar to what the air corps have and will have rather than king airs which we don't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

roadmaster wrote: »
    I seen last week the Air Corps had pictures up of the two pilots in Australia who are training on King Airs and then will go operational with them for a period of time. Would it not of being more beneficial to send them to a nation like Canada who fly the casa 295 so they would come back fully trained on aircraft similar to what the air corps have and will have rather than king airs which we don't have?

Are the Canadian one's in service? Also, we have the 235s so why go to Canada to train on basically the same type?

The reason behind these postings was a lack of instructors I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭sparky42

Guess the important part was the Australian's aren't charging us, would Canada do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

donvito99 wrote: »
    Are the Canadian one's in service? Also, we have the 235s so why go to Canada to train on basically the same type?

The reason behind these postings was a lack of instructors I thought?

1st Canadian C295 arrived in September 2020.

• Advertisement

sparky42 wrote: »
    Guess the important part was the Australian's aren't charging us, would Canada do the same?

So thats why the DOD approved it they heard the word FREE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭sparky42

So thats why the DOD approved it they heard the word FREE
    Yep, though I wonder what offer the US gave us for having pilots training with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Instead they end up fully trained on other multi engine aircraft, and need minimal hours on the Casa (235 or 295) to get them type rated.

It's the difference between handing a learner the keys to your merc SUV, and sticking L plates on the back, or getting them to pass their test on a Corsa first, drive about on N plates, then when they lose the N plates have a bit of experience in traffic jams and all weather etc, give them the keys to the merc.

Advertisement