Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Who are you asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Passed.. shocked with the maths!! Guess half them.. seriously lucky guessed!!

Well done to all who passed

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joco12

I placed 16th!!! Very surprised.
    I came on here because I was hoping to find out dates for the next few weeks. I'm planning a holiday end of July or first week of August but want to make sure I'm available for these... wonder could I change the dates if I had to..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joco12

Well done! I got 16, not far behind ol

How many are they recruiting, im placed 130s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 private89

daniel1390 wrote: »
    How many are they recruiting, im placed 130s

That's the question. Got between 150 - 200 myself o happy. Congratulations to all who passed this phase (only Stage 1) with alot more to go and hope that the others blast it next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

I read an article earlier this year ( cant remember where ) for the new recruitment and it said around 215 new prison officers will be hired

Give or take a few

Try not to dwell on hiring numbers at the moment or your stage 1 results placing guys on how high or how low they are. After stage 2 the placing should shuffle quite a bit and getting through the stages is important right now. So just keep focused

A couple of you have questions about the stages just make sure to read that PDF you downloaded when you began your application thoroughly it should explain alot and please post any questions you have...

Congratulations to everyone again we deserve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Try not to dwell on hiring numbers at the moment or your stage 1 results placing guys on how high or how low they are. After stage 2 the placing should shuffle quite a bit and getting through the stages is important right now. So just keep focused

A couple of you have questions about the stages just make sure to read that PDF you downloaded when you began your application thoroughly it should explain alot and please post any questions you have...

Congratulations to everyone again we deserve it :)

This is solid advice. In 2016 I place on top 50 in stage 1 and failed in stage 2 so take nothing for granted. 2018 I place in top 250 in stage one and top 50 in stage two. There's plenty of work to do guys. If you can practice, then practice! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I wonder how many applied, and up to what number will they be interviewing like place 600 etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

This is solid advice. In 2016 I place on top 50 in stage 1 and failed in stage 2 so take nothing for granted. 2018 I place in top 250 in stage one and top 50 in stage two. There's plenty of work to do guys. If you can practice, then practice! Best of luck.

Based on your past experience Is the aptitude the same for the supervised test as it was the online one.. or does it step up a level and get more complex?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

The aptitude tests in Abbey Street are the same difficulty as the tests in stage 1. The idea of the exams is to make sure people were not cheating in stage 1. Nothing to worry about !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Precal 2018

Based on your past experience Is the aptitude the same for the supervised test as it was the online one.. or does it step up a level and get more complex?!

Same difficulty in terms of questions asked It just feels more pressure been in a room getting supervised with others around you. Just try be quick with maths questions as they catch a lot of people out

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Same difficulty in terms of questions asked It just feels more pressure been in a room getting supervised with others around you. Just try be quick with maths questions as they catch a lot of people out

Is the maths the same as in stage 1?format etc or are they different?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Pretty sure the difficulty level is the same as stage one, small bit more pressure because your in a big room with others but try keep your focus and you'll fly it. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Hi All,
    Congratulations to everyone who passed stage 1 and hard luck to anyone who failed.....don’t give up though and try again.
    Has anyone who passed stage 1 received a message on public jobs for Orientation Times?

Ye once you book a slot in "My Bookings", you will firstly get a confirmation message and then an orientation message a few minutes later, as I understand the tests take place and after which the orientation takes place

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Ye once you book a slot in "My Bookings", you will firstly get a confirmation message and then an orientation message a few minutes later, as I understand the tests take place and after which the orientation takes place

Thanks.....what does the orientation involve?

Not 100 percent sure, my first time applying myself, but nearly sure its a presentation on the work of the prison service, does anyone have any idea on how many applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Thanks.....what does the orientation involve?

Not 100% sure but it takes place before the exam anyhow

Good Luck to all to have got to this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I got a email to say book my orientation, is it the same booking as the assesmement.

Ye

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

I got a email to say book my orientation, is it the same booking as the assesmement.

yeah kinda. if you read the instructions you ll see it mentions both for the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

private89 wrote: »
    Am looking at the 2019 campaign.

m wondering if the background checks are the same or easier than for AGS? I have a few convictions (motoring and public order) and wondering if these would exclude me. I applied to AGS and got turned down. Just gone 30 so think I have "grown up" now.

Would coming from the Army help or is that a

Silly, you need to wait until you are in the gardai before you start committing crimes.

The time you book your assessment for determines what time your orientation session starts at.
    The graph shows the times of each test/session.
    I hope this helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

So you don’t book orientation just test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Humphrey Menton

Folks, you'd be wise not to post your actual Order Of Merit on an open forum.

So you don’t book orientation just test?

Yes you book your stage 2 test through public jobs bookings and you can pick the available dates and times.
    Once you have chosen your dates/times you can match it with the graph for the orientation.
    If your stuck PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Thank you just wanted to be sure ��

• Advertisement

No actual booking is needed for the orientation. You do need to book your time for the test if you haven't done so already, the message today was just to make you aware of the orientation scheduling which will be either before or after your test.

Eg if your test is starting at 09:00 than your orientation will be taking place after at approx 10:15 and if your test is at 11:15 than your orientation will be taking place beforehand.

The orientation will be given by a member of the IPS (last year there was 2) it will be a PowerPoint presentation about the IPS but it's very worthwhile to attend and listen to they will also answer questions at the end. They talk about life as a prison officer, the training, the recruitment stages and I would highly recommend attendance for it.

Advertisement