Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vintage Comics bought in the US? Customs??

Options
  • 10-10-2018 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know the VAT rates or custom charges for vintage comic books bought from the US?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

gavinmcg30 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the VAT rates or custom charges for vintage comic books bought from the US?

Just say you brought it with you? Will that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gavinmcg30

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just say you brought it with you? Will that work?

Sorry I meant if the comic was being shipped from the US to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I had some comics come from the USA via An Post Address Pal not vintage but large amounts various back issues and such no VAT or customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭JayRoc

gavinmcg30 wrote: »
    Sorry I meant if the comic was being shipped from the US to Ireland

I get a fair amount of silver age comics from the states and I have never, ever had a problem with customs.

I use various vendors and various shipping methods, most often standard post

Advertisement