Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

I reckon so.
    I jumped from the 500s to 183. Guess some lads home and supervised tests didnt match

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ryanm1234m

I wonder how many of the 600 got through? I went from 300s to 119

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

ryanm1234m wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the 600 got through? I went from 300s to 119

Yeah same as that I went from late 500s To the very low 100s .. It was a tough aptitude test so who ever of us came out the other side deserved it. Well done lads (and girls) in fairness. Best of luck to everyone going forward.

Yeah same as that I went from late 500s To the very low 100s .. It was a tough aptitude test so who ever of us came out the other side deserved it. Well done lads (and girls) in fairness. Best of luck to everyone going forward.
    Thank you and well done yourself. I'm relieved now. For me the rest is the easy part. No BS or mistakes cost you the job, its just your capacity to perform the role that decides if you get it or not.

[i have to say ive been doing the physical fitness part a bit and i can do it ok, im in the gym (crosstraining) and i reckon theres gonna be a good. Few that wont make it through that part of it. Its not that hard but it qas obvious at the supervised test there werw a lot of v unfit people there..quote="ryanm1234m;101317458"]Thank you and well done yourself. I'm relieved now. For me the rest is the easy part. No BS or mistakes cost you the job, its just your capacity to perform the role that decides if you get it or not.[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Well done guys,

I came in 50s at stage one. passed verbal and numberical at stage two but failed questionaire (384) with qualifying score at 400. Really gutted as I am useless at numberical so studied hard for that thinking that would be my downfall! That's life I guess!

Well done to you all again

Well done guys,

I came in 50s at stage one. passed verbal and numberical at stage two but failed questionaire (384) with qualifying score at 400. Really gutted as I am useless at numberical so studied hard for that thinking that would be my downfall! That's life I guess!

Well done to you all again

Hard luck, atleast you have something to work with and work on for the application process next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Does this recruitment campaign cover the 360 over next 3 years being taken in or will they open up for more applicants next year does anybody know

This covers the next few yrs
    Farlo1234 wrote: »
    Does this recruitment campaign cover the 360 over next 3 years being taken in or will they open up for more applicants next year does anybody know

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tinru

Congrats everyone who got through... I seem to be the only one who lost places in the supervised one! haha
    Still managed to scrape through though so will see how the next stage goes.
    Does anyone know how many got through to Stage 3? And for how many places?

And does anyone have a copy of the original information booklet.... need to take a closer look at the details now that I've gotten this far!

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

tinru wrote: »
    Congrats everyone who got through... I seem to be the only one who lost places in the supervised one! haha
    Still managed to scrape through though so will see how the next stage goes.
    Does anyone know how many got through to Stage 3? And for how many places?

And does anyone have a copy of the original information booklet.... need to take a closer look at the details now that I've gotten this far!

Thanks in advance.

I believe there is 120 places, as regards how many got through, I'm thinking 250-350 but could be totally off

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Originally Posted by tinru
    I seem to be the only one who lost places in the supervised one! haha

No you're not the only one, if a lot went up, presume a whole batch moved down (in addition to those who couldn't make the date and/or pulled out) and contrary to what was suggested earlier, not all are due to others completing the unsupervised test for you! Scenario tests were very different and personality test is an unknown.

Good luck to everyone in the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Form B, I'm presuming we receive this on the day of interview to fill out up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tinru

It says at the end of the message "You will receive the link to the form B next week" and that "candidates must complete this form fully but not sign it until in the presence of a member of staff from the IPS on the day of their interview"

tinru wrote: »
    It says at the end of the message "You will receive the link to the form B next week" and that "candidates must complete this form fully but not sign it until in the presence of a member of staff from the IPS on the day of their interview"

Cheers I'm blind, didn't see the " you will receive the link to form B next week", seen the other part though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doogie93

Anyone have any trouble opening the Interview Form Link? Its not opening for me and have updated Adobe Reader etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

doogie93 wrote: »
    Anyone have any trouble opening the Interview Form Link? Its not opening for me and have updated Adobe Reader etc?

Save it to your desktop and you'll be able to open it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doogie93

Thanks Brian, got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Can anyone advise me what allowance's are payable to prison officers?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

Congratulations to everyone who made it through to stage 3. I also went down in places from the online assessment to the one taken in the test centre. Dropped from the 160's to almost the very top so Im delighted with that. Really excited about the next stage of the competition now. Does anybody know how many people overall applied for stage 1 of the competition this time around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Can anyone else figure out how to send the form???

I keep getting an error about an empty field when I try to send!!

Can anyone else figure out how to send the form???

I keep getting an error about an empty field when I try to send!!

When do we have to send the form by?

Must send the from by end of today! I'm not so sure about the empty field? you mean your email is saying empty field? there's a space on the email address if you copy and paste it that isn't supposed to be there i presume.

CorkColin wrote: »
    Must send the from by end of today! I'm not so sure about the empty field? you mean your email is saying empty field? there's a space on the email address if you copy and paste it that isn't supposed to be there i presume.
    I was having trouble with it today and I couldn't get it to work ... Now I've to work till 12 tonight and won't get to finish it or sort it out.

Well if you really want it, ring someone to try and do it for you, surely someone can :o

Emailed publicjobs about it today and they advised not using chrome at all. Only use windows and adobe to open and edit.
    Even at that it took me ages to get it to open.
    Id say theres a lot that will have had problems with the format.

CorkColin wrote: »
    Well if you really want it, ring someone to try and do it for you, surely someone can :o

Yeah I got sorted anyway, had to use internet explorer to open the file again i had chrome. You have till the end of today to complete it not yesterday by the way. Alls good, got sorted anyway.
    I still haven't got my original leaving cert got yet, hope my interview isn't before I get it.

Yeah I got sorted anyway, had to use internet explorer to open the file again i had chrome. You have till the end of today to complete it not yesterday by the way. Alls good, got sorted anyway.
    I still haven't got my original leaving cert got yet, hope my interview isn't before I get it.

sorry thought it was monday night, they don't take long once you apply for them, eg. ordered mine on monday and came wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Servo91

Is everyone still waiting on form B?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

Servo91 wrote: »
    Is everyone still waiting on form B?

Cheers

Yes but it says you must print it off and bring it with you to the interview as it must be signed in the presence of somebody from the IPS I think

Advertisement