Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where ya all headin' to in 2010?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Soll, Jan 7th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Only 17 days left to Saalbach! Yippeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Jan 9th im outta this mofo and heading to the beautiful pristine slopes of Soll.

Ive talked to so many people that are going around this time and apparently its the quiet time after xmas .Ill just let the tour operators think that so i can get more cheap holdiays,got it for 360 which isnt bad.

davmol wrote: »
    Jan 9th im outta this mofo and heading to the beautiful pristine slopes of Soll.

Ive talked to so many people that are going around this time and apparently its the quiet time after xmas .Ill just let the tour operators think that so i can get more cheap holdiays,got it for 360 which isnt bad.

Yeah - it's the cheapest week until March. We always go second week in Jan - great to have something to look forward to after Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xstarz 2kaii9x

Bulgaria on the 8th of jan for a week of snowboarding!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

I moved to Toronto in September (lucky, I know :p ).

Ontario's not great for hills but knocked around Horseshoe the other day. Going here at the end of Jan though - apparently the backcountry is the best of the west (on the east coast)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

olaola wrote: »
    Only 17 days left to Saalbach! Yippeee :D

Only 56 for me ! I wish i was going now, the slopes look great ! Nice and cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I'll be in Chamonix this day next week.... :D

Overflow wrote: »
    Only 56 for me ! I wish i was going now, the slopes look great ! Nice and cold!

5 more sleeps! Am quite excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

We are in Oberstdorf this day next week :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Serre Chevalier in 5 weeks for me, anyone been there before?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

was in Alpe d'huez for december and i moved to Morzine last week for the remainder of the season, working for Mountain Mavericks chalet comp - reallly good chalets in a top notch resort at the center of the Portes du Soliel area, loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

granty1987 wrote: »
    was in Alpe d'huez for december and i moved to Morzine last week for the remainder of the season, working for Mountain Mavericks chalet comp - reallly good chalets in a top notch resort at the center of the Portes du Soliel area, loving it!

I am heading there in 5 weeks. Can't wait. What's the place like? There are 25 of us in 2 chalets. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭I dont know

A group of us are heading to Val Thorens on 9th January. Anyone else going?
    Whats the Après-ski like there? can anyone recommend any good bars?

potsy11 wrote: »
    I am heading there in 5 weeks. Can't wait. What's the place like? There are 25 of us in 2 chalets. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :D

hey its sweet as over here, the snows really good and the terrain is even better eh! lots of bowls n tree runs everywhere, some ace parks and nice rolling pistes- you're gonna love it!

25 eh? nice one, which chalet group are you guys with? might see ya over here then so

granty1987 wrote: »
    hey its sweet as over here, the snows really good and the terrain is even better eh! lots of bowls n tree runs everywhere, some ace parks and nice rolling pistes- you're gonna love it!

25 eh? nice one, which chalet group are you guys with? might see ya over here then so

We are with Highlife. Not sure of where in the village we are. Dont want to build the trip up too much but most of us cant wait to get going.....You cant beat a ski holiday with 24 of your mates.

i think we are going the first week of mid term. Do you reckon it will be jammers?

We are with Highlife. Not sure of where in the village we are. Dont want to build the trip up too much but most of us cant wait to get going.....You cant beat a ski holiday with 24 of your mates.

i think we are going the first week of mid term. Do you reckon it will be jammers?

ah nice one, Highlife are a solid irish company, good stuff! theyre all really sound there. I think they have 5 chalets in town all close enough to one another. hope you enjoy it!

at a guess im willing to say that it will be busy during midterm, new years was fairly jammers, long queues at the lifts, but if your getting guides, make sure they tell you how to avoid the crowds and still get around, hopefully the snow will still be nice n fluffy - its very good at the moment!

ONE MORE SLEEPIES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Reney

When is the first week of mid-term? There's 10 of us heading to Morzine Feb 27th, is that the same week? sounds like a class spot, can't wait!

Reney wrote: »
    When is the first week of mid-term? There's 10 of us heading to Morzine Feb 27th, is that the same week? sounds like a class spot, can't wait!

first week starts 7th feb and lasts for 4 weeks. The 2 middle weeks will be the busiest.

Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

heading to chamonix, france in 3 weeks. anyone been??

• Registered Users Posts: 41 St. Robbie

I went to Lermoos, Austria just after Christmas. Great spot, snow was great

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Just back from Zell am See and booked for Muhlbach in March over paddys week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Melty wrote: »
    heading to chamonix, france in 3 weeks. anyone been??

just back from Argentiere today....its a super place. The only problem is that the 4 resorts (flegere/brevent, les houches, grand montets and le tour) are not linked. The ski busses are excellent though and its a cinch to get around.

The grand montets area (specifically the top lift) could be the finest lift accessed off piste terrain in europe. It gets tracked out quite quickly (as do most) but its incredible in deep powder.

Advertisement