Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What salary does someone have to earn in order to for you to consider them 'rich'

Options
2»

Comments

I'm a fan of the "you're rich if you live somewhere you like, can go eat what you like when you like, holiday where you like, and not be concerned about money." idea.

Above that sort of lifestyle, I'd start to call someone wealthy. As in, a few million to play with in business or on a boat or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

It all depends on the concept of Rich.

I have a few friends who are considered very wealthy. One has sold a company for a few hundred million.

I have a few friends who are considered not very wealthy in the traditional sense of the word. They are working and earning.

One thing to notice about both is the following. Despite having quite an amount of money in the bank, the former is never happy. He continues to work, very very hard. Is always on the phone and cannot relax and enjoy himself. Once we took the phone and hid it while at the dinner table, he went into orbit. He has a wonderful family, who he looks after financially and they love him to bits, he has a huge heart and is a big teddy bear in reality, but he cannot just relax and enjoy what he has.

The latter, enjoy time off. THey have great families and they spend time with friends and family having fun and are more relaxed and healthy.

So more money does not equate to happiness. It means more money. Wealthy can be taken in many ways. Personally, wealthy is someone who has friends and family who care about you. Yes money is required to live, but when you have enough to live and not worry about it, why chase more? Money does not make you happy!

Advertisement