Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Body Found

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Lackey wrote: »

From that article:

"Gardaí are hoping the results will determine the course of their investigation and whether the woman's death was tragic or if a crime has been committed."

She was in a bag! :D I'm fairly sure there's a crime involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My tuppence worth of mad speculation is that it's another Graham O'Dwyer victim. Someone mentioned the body was found near a reservoir (like his previous victim), I don't know the geography of the location but is it possible the body washed up from there? Even if EOH was his first victim - a big if - I find it hard to believe he was out there running free for so long afterwards without doing it again. Wexford isn't a million miles from where he lived. It's maybe possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Which high profile person do you have in mind?

Tubridy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭victor8600

She was in a bag! :D I'm fairly sure there's a crime involved.

She was not. The bag in the article is a backpack presumably belonging to the deceased woman. Also as clear from this article : https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/mystery-surrounds-skeletal-remains-of-woman-found-in-roadside-drain-37689542.html , the body was found alongside a road with no evidence of any concealment. So it is likely she was hit by a car, which is of course tragic and a crime, but not it is a premeditated murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Imagine,,,when a woman's body is found people start jumping to the conclusion that it's 'one if the missing women' .. imagine imagine.. ohhhhh the human mind is so complex lmao

Well it is a bit strange seeing as lots of people have gone missing in ireland since the 90's who arent the 7/8 young women who went missing around that time together in the leinster region

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

victor8600 wrote: »
    She was not. The bag in the article is a backpack presumably belonging to the deceased woman. Also as clear from this article : https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/mystery-surrounds-skeletal-remains-of-woman-found-in-roadside-drain-37689542.html , the body was found alongside a road with no evidence of any concealment. So it is likely she was hit by a car, which is of course tragic and a crime, but not it is a premeditated murder.

"A local Wexford councillor says the skeletal remains found near Ferns yesterday were in a bag."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Radio report said woman spotted a large bag Xmas evening when out walking. When she returned days later, she looked inside the bag and found remains. Or maybe the radio report had it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/update-remains-found-in-wexford-were-in-bag-seen-in-ditch-around-christmas-eve-896231.html

If this is true it’s strange because bag was only seen around Christmas Eve ....so body was somewhere else for two years at least ?

Just because it was only “ noticed” on Christmas Eve doesn’t mean it wasn’t there! The weather may have had a part to play in remains/bag becoming viewable. I’ve often seen things in ditches in the locality where I live and sometimes out of curiousity you would stop to check it out at a later date! In rural areas it would be common to see plastic wrapping of bales in ditches!

Edited to say Hopefully the report of her remains being found in a bag are not true and that she isn’t a victim of a crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would there not be a slight bang off a rotting corpse?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not unusual to pass dead animals in a ditch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Early on yes, not now. And in the cold bacterial action would be greatly reduced.

RTE described it as a very remote area.

"A local Wexford councillor says the skeletal remains found near Ferns yesterday were in a bag."

Do you have a link for the quote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Local radio had a councillor on who said the bag would not have gone unnoticed where it was seen by the lady who walked her dog Christmas Eve, it wasn’t there previous to this as she takes the same route.
    Just going by local radio, and the update on breaking news.
    RIP now the poor woman regardless of circumstance.

Edited to add : RTÉ say it is rural But local radio said it is a well used road by locals ...what’s one man rural is another’s ‘well used road’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Local radio had a councillor on who said the bag would not have gone unnoticed where it was seen by the lady who walked her dog Christmas Eve, it wasn’t there previous to this as she takes the same route.
    Just going by local radio, and the update on breaking news.
    RIP now the poor woman regardless of circumstance.

Edited to add : RTÉ say it is rural But local radio said it is a well used road by locals ...what’s one man rural is another’s ‘well used road’

Early days for speculation, but based on above, it would suggest someone wanted the victim found and identified.

I see, strange that The Independent's article failed to mention such an important detail. Quote: "One officer said: "This could be a death from natural causes, or possibly a traffic incident or something more sinister...." ". Seems like a very strange assumption then from the officer. People rarely die in a ditch inside a bag naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Think there was mention of a homeless woman in the area.
    Might have been sleeping in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

I think the bag refers to her belongings, rucksack/backpack was mentioned yesterday, as opposed to a bag she was in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Arrest Richard now!
    Mod note: Dia1988, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People rarely die in a ditch inside a bag naturally.
    Though if she was living a nomadic lifestyle, she may very well have been sleeping outside in a bivvy bag.

This basically looks like a big heavy duty rubbish bag. If she died of hypothermia or natural causes, then it may very well look to a passer by like a body in a bag.

Just providing some supposition. Like I say earlier, twould be odd for a murderer to just dump a body in the open.
    That said, Graham Dwyer dumped Elaine O'Hara's body in the open, so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My tuppence worth of mad speculation is that it's another Graham O'Dwyer victim. Someone mentioned the body was found near a reservoir (like his previous victim), I don't know the geography of the location but is it possible the body washed up from there? Even if EOH was his first victim - a big if - I find it hard to believe he was out there running free for so long afterwards without doing it again. Wexford isn't a million miles from where he lived. It's maybe possible.

I brought up the reservoir. It's about a mile away from the scene, and there is no inflowing or outflowing rivers/streams etc to it. It's more of a contained plant as opposed to a natural reservoir (it might actually be a treatment plant of some sort, I pass by it regularly and just assume it's a reservoir :D) So there's no way the body washed up from it.

Going by the latest updates, it does sound like it was dumped there recently though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

O'Dwyer's victim wasn't found near a reservoir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Mod note: Dia1988, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

Why do you sign off with your username?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

McCrack wrote: »
    Why do you sign off with your username?
    I suppose because it's an official statement rather than a normal user post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

kneemos wrote: »
    Not unusual to pass dead animals in a ditch.

Decaying human remains have a very distinctive odour, it's nothing like animal flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Imagine the furore if she was hit by an unaccompanied driver.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Another woman's body has been found, this time in Louth, and a man has been arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Decaying human remains have a very distinctive odour, it's nothing like animal flesh.

yes sickly sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Another woman's body has been found, this time in Louth, and a man has been arrested.

bludgeoned with an axe. Polish domestic dispute apparently.
    a busy start to the year for the state pathologist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 cullieh

'Nothing to consider foul play' in Wexford body find - From the Journal.ie

Advertisement