Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic traffic

• 31-08-2017 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Folks, does anyone remember from last years Electric Picnic, what was the traffic like on the N81 on the Friday evening?

I know the N7/M7 tomorrow evening will be an absolute nightmare, so want to weight up my options for getting to Kilkenny from Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,236 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd almost go via Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

From what I've seen pretty much all routes are brutal Friday evening. Just be as early as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Use google maps just before you leave, it'll tell you what the quickest route is at time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The N7 the last couple of years has been bumper to bumper from the M50 down past the turn off for the N9. Not great, but that's what happens when so many people are heading to a field in Laois. I've done it the last few years to get to the picnic, not fun. Not there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,648 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I live in the area and decided to work from home today because the M7 and traffic locally is always ridiculous as a result of this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement