Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Evelyn Cusacks forecast tonight

Options
  • 15-11-2013 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Evelyn stuck the boot a right belter into all the long range weather forecasters in the forecast just now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lol, Evelyn got a sideways dig in at the Donegal post man there after the 9 O Clock news, fair play to her! Good quote from Carl Sagan too!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

OMG! Evelyn just Burrrrrrrrnnnnnneeeddd the long range ham-forecasters! Best bit of weather broadcast ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

relaxed wrote: »
    Evelyn stuck the boot a right belter into all the long range weather forecasters in the forecast just now!

I think that was fairly well aimed at a certain postman!! I agreed with her 100%

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Supercell wrote: »
    Lol, Evlyn got a sideways dig in at the Donegal post man there after the 9 O Clock news, fair play to her! Good quote from Carl Sagan too!

Came to post that. Telling people to read Lorenz and then quotes Sagan.

She's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Wow.. One word.

Don't know if met/rte check out this forum.or not.. But please do allow her money to put together a documentary on weather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Just watched it there, what a legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Legendary forecast, stepped right outside the job description box which is to tell us the weather for the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Ha Ha that was funny! The postman was not the only one that got a dig there.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Detective Mittens

It was genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Yep that was trippy

I wonder will she burn the place down before she goes home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Anyone got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Ah feck it missed that one:mad:...I'm sure it will be up on the rte player soon enough..Evelyn is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It will be on again at 10-30 if you have RTE 1+1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Its on rte player

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Some must have this recorded , PLEASE !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Very Good

Dam No Audio ,

Il redo it !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Carl Sagan

Go Evelyn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

Just watched it...

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Great stuff, Evelyn dont take s..t from anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ha ha what a smile, think she enjoyed it :pac: Science week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

She was delighted when she got that quote out without a mistake. Great stuff. go Evelyn!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

One nil to the Evelyn!

THis one should have audio

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A rather unusual forecast by Evelyn! Good one though!

True to form like her local Tinnahinch hurlers - hit hard! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Compu Global Hyper Meganet

Just watched the forecast on RTE News Now - they cut the quote the bastards!!

For some reason I can't see it on the RTE player either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

I suspect the Daily Express is not her favourite newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Switched over to RTE +1 just in time to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I just watched it at the end of the link hellboy posted above - about 26 mins in, quote and all. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Evelyns famous in our house too , a couple of years back she said on Friday we would have a **** bank holiday , rain, rain and more rain , put loads of people off travelling and we spent the two days in t-shirts sitting on benches outside the pub.
    She even had an arguement that weekend on radio that the sceince of weather was better than local knowledge .

And I wouldnt be going around using Carl Sagan quotes as some kind of backup for my arguement if i were her. Theres a man who ignored James Lovelocks early hypothsis on earth feedback loops whenit was presented to him on a plate and wasted much of his career on bio-astronomy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement