Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S.A.A - Snow Addicts Anonymous cold turkey thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well in the states there only really getting their winter now. there maybe hope yet for a late cold snap.

Yep. My friend lives in Missouri in the Midwest and they only got the first real taste of winter a few days ago. There may be hope yet!

(Straws. Grasping at them).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Hope you're all braced for next Friday's blizzard? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Hope you're all braced for next Friday's blizzard? :eek:

for the north maybe. i'll believe it when i see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

You can tell when everyone has given up as the threads get really quiet......like now.......

(Tumbleweed rolls slowly across the thread)

Ah'm a hopin' for some blizzardy conditions like the good cowboy says......

but I'm not even doing my snow dances anymore.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

So thats what the problem is..
    Get your dancing shoes on woman and start dancing!!!;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

aurora 527 wrote: »
    So thats what the problem is..
    Get your dancing shoes on woman and start dancing!!!;):)
    188673.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

May not be the worst idea...if you've been dancing all winter and we haven't got any snow... Sure you've got the moves right...?
    On a more serious note, that little penguin there, Happy Feet, was dancing for fish, not snow... Oh dear, we're all doomed - someone with the wrong moves, another dancing for fish, and I can't get hold of dispatch for western Europe to ask them to dump/deliver all this snow piling up in the factory! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Wont be any widespead sea level snow this year. Which in a whole is not a bad thing.

We will have the perfect winter set up in May true to November. Our weather system follows the southern hemisphere's

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭chrisjdoran

Fear not my good people, keep the faith, it IS coming.... :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Nabber wrote: »
    Wont be any widespead sea level snow this year. Which in a whole is not a bad thing.

We will have the perfect winter set up in May true to November. Our weather system follows the southern hemisphere's

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there , Granted it does not look great for this side of the year but we dont know what November and December has in store for us yet , Anything would be better than what we have just had /having

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I can't stand this :(

I can't go through Winter without snow - I just can't!
    I can't believe we are heading into Spring after already having Spring. I am not much of a fan of the sun - frosty sunlight days, yes, but hot skin cancer sunlight, no. So I really don't care for Summer, much prefer Winter.

Please can we have some snow/frosty weather soon, Snow Gods? I just can't bear it anymore :(:(:(:(

PS If we don't get snow or frost or anything resembling winter, where can I go for a snow-filled holiday, preferably the latest this side of Summer (as in around April or later)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

My local morning DJ chat show host mentioned the weather this am, he said it would be getting cold, well colder but not freezing.

Mind you some are saying we'll get snow next week, it would need to be much colder to get snow, so I think it's a vicious rumour and I'm not taking it seriously, then again ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ha!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm living in the wrong country. :mad:
    A live blizzard in Northern Sweden.

http://85.194.140.111/cgi-bin/guestimage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

No birthday blizzard for me- all I hear is rain! Why?! WHHHHYYYY?! :(

Happy B-Day Reiketsu :) sorry for the lack of b-day blizzards, that's just cruel to a winter baby.

Thank God for M.T Cranium's hope forecasts...

"FURTHER OUTLOOK ... There is a somewhat higher chance now that conditions will turn cold or even very cold late in the week, and snow may enter the picture"

Like every other winter, I remain hopeful until at least St Paddy's day lol

Bah! No blizzard today :mad:

The snow bunny in me feels crushed :(

But I just know we are heading into some cold weather. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

I hope you're right Wild Bill :)

fizzycyst wrote: »
    I hope you're right Wild Bill :)

O my gawd - so do I! ;)

I happened to be listening to C103FM this am as as I woke, the presenter is an avid weather fan, I think he is John Foott, he mentioned about the charts going one way etc, etc. And mentioned that we probably are not getting snow this year.

Then the Farm Talk show came one. Fascinating to listen to to from time to time they mentioned about the Blue tags for CD [a cow disease] and how they were making good progress before a compulsory scheme was introduced next year.

They then mentioned the cattle trade and how the factories are short 6,000 a week so farmers are advised to hold out for the best prices. "The cattle have been very healthy for the last two years, we won't have the benefit of the snow this year unfortunately, and we are worried about the midges that had dies off in the snow last year and the year before.

These are coming back now after an exceptionally mild winter, we are hoping to keep the dreaded Blue Tongue and other midget diseases that are decimating the French and German cattle herds at bay, but this mild winter is a worry."

And it comes just as we were making progress and our beef being accepted in other markets blocked to us for diseases [in our heard] which are now almost eliminated. Still if we get a good snow next year we'll be back with a fighting chance.

• Advertisement

Wow talk about posting in the wrong thread gbee lol this is a thread for people that love snow not cows :rolleyes:

Wow talk about posting in the wrong thread gbee lol this is a thread for people that love snow not cows :rolleyes:

But think [scripture like] if the Snow Goddess looks after cows so much, how much more will she look after humans?

And for the non veggies, if we have healthy cattle we have healthier meat. :)

And a nice thick blanket of snow IS the good medicine. "the cattle loved it" I forget to mention that, and we love cattle who love snow. OK ;)

Only yanking your chain gbee :) Never thought about how the snow can be good for cows, glad they like the white stuff lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

1F54014BB8464F13904258A33A093EA1-0000349348-0002712415-00500L-4BA55269EB22416E950BFCEEFFC6F95D.jpg
    Loads of fresh snow today in Bulgaria. :D

1F54014BB8464F13904258A33A093EA1-0000349348-0002712415-00500L-4BA55269EB22416E950BFCEEFFC6F95D.jpg
    Loads of fresh snow today in Bulgaria. :D

Oh yeah baby! that's the stuff :P

Oh yeah baby! that's the stuff :P
    6 inches down in 7 hours today.

6 inches down in 7 hours today.

Seriously? that's unreal.. Bulgaria, probably get great summers too right? lol
    Come on Ireland!!!!

It goes from -20 in the winter to 35+ in the summer. Winter lasts about 2 to 3 months after that it is great for the rest of the year.

Ah I see, so not really that different to Ireland then, around +10 in winter for three months and around +10 in the summer lol

I'm going to listen to my snow music for a few hours and look at that pic you posted, I'll leave the fridge door open :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ah I see, so not really that different to Ireland then, around +10 in winter for three months and around +10 in the summer lol

I'm going to listen to my snow music for a few hours and look at that pic you posted, I'll leave the fridge door open :(

What is this snow music you speak of !

Advertisement