Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone out there with a Megadrive pad they can bring?

Unfortunately I only have a pad an an arcade stick here. The rest are out in Bray. Would love to play some four player Micro Machines on the Nomad for the craic.

One person can use the Nomad controls.
    One controller can plug into the Nomad.
    The Micro Machine J cart can take two more pads. So the arcade stick can go in there, but I'll need another pad!

And I swear to god, if one of you says 'just bring a DS, it will be easier for multiplayer' I'll stab you :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone out there with a Megadrive pad they can bring?
    :
    just threw one in the bag for tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Okay so confirmed so far are -

o1s1n
    Retr0
    Lizzardfudge
    Luas Dublin
    Augmerson
    Atavan-Halen
    (Add your name to the list!)

Will definitely be there :)

Master of the Universe

Will definitely be there :)

Wehey, I knew you couldn't resist seeing Retr0 in a skirt ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wehey, I knew you couldn't resist seeing Retr0 in a skirt ;)

Who couldn't! He's such a hunksicle...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Feel free to Pm me for my mobile no#, I'll be the dude in the blue atari hoodie.
    (ask for bob if you feel weird asking if I'm luas_dublin)

I'm 5ft 1, have long hair and will probably look rather confused so don't be afraid to say hi if you see me wandering around looking for retr0 in his skirt :)

Master of the Universe

I will look like a taller version of the above :pac:

I will look like a taller version of the above :pac:

I hate being small :P

Master of the Universe

I've heard the combination of platform shoes and a pet Chihuahua help immensely :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The japanese schoolgirl uniform is in the dry cleaners. I'll be the one in the black street fighter 2 t-shirt probably reading a copy of retrogamer.

I've heard the combination of platform shoes and a pet Chihuahua help immensely :D

I wouldn't want to upstage retr0 y'know :)
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The japanese schoolgirl uniform is in the dry cleaners. I'll be the one in the black street fighter 2 t-shirt probably reading a copy of retrogamer.

Lies! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bringing some contra 4, jump super stars with me and have EBA and Quendan 2. Need more ideas!

Bubble Bobble double shot! Need some multilayer of that!

I've got Jump superstars, Mario kart, Pokénom Diamond, Heart Gold, Soul Silver and Rhythm Heaven/paradise. I'll err pick up those games you mentioned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Don't know if I'll be able to get my DS for this evening... But Bomberman is always good.

We'll have to decide on what version of bomberman though?

Which is the best?

OK executive decision, Bomberman land touch 2.

No idea, I'll just randomly suggest this

Also I won't have any pokemon. I'm only halfway through pokemon green leaf through a flash cart :(

• Advertisement

Also I won't have any pokemon. I'm only halfway through pokemon green leaf through a flash cart :(

*gasp* Retr0! How could you do this to me?! *runs off sobbing*

I'm sorry. I own them all but just never played them for any lenght of time. Only decided a few weeks ago to concentrate on them and started with the first (well the prettier version).

Ah just bring one anyways, I think you can auto level your pokémon for multiplayer so it would be fair :)

Ok, I still expect an ass kicking though.

Ok, I still expect an ass kicking though.

But of course, I've got a reputation to uphold!

Master of the Universe

I have Mega Bomberman in my bag. Unfortunately I didn't have a Megadrive multi tap though, so can only play 2 player :(

Here's my list o' DS games for tonight:

EBA
    Various Pokémon games
    Sonic Rush
    Rhythm Heaven
    Jump! Superstars
    Mario Kart
    Bubble Bobble Double Shot
    Bomberman Land Touch 2
    Contra 4
    New SMB
    Animal Crossing

Anything else?

Osu! Takatae! Ouendan! 2 would be good

Osu! Takatae! Ouendan! 2 would be good

さて、私はそれを得た!

• Advertisement

My japanese only consists of knowing that yes is shorter than no.

Advertisement