Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photobuddies thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Planning a trip to Dun Laoighaire this evening; piers in particular. On the agenda - some long exposures of one of the lighthouses (not sure which yet). Planning to get there around, oh 7.30-8 I guess.

Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Sorry Calina, can't do DL tonight.
    I have updated my info on the map if anyone wants to arrange a meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

updated my placemark in the map. I'm around the Templeogue / Terenure area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lizard555

Hi Guys,

I'm taking my pictures mostly alone. I've decided to try to find some other guys of a similar interests, who would go with me or I would go with them.

I'm living in Dublin, so preferrably the locations would be in or close to Dublin, exceptionally somewhere else. Or any other ideas welcomed.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Im available, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford...

Anytime..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Lizard555 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm taking my pictures mostly alone. I've decided to try to find some other guys of a similar interests, who would go with me or I would go with them.

I'm living in Dublin, so preferrably the locations would be in or close to Dublin, exceptionally somewhere else. Or any other ideas welcomed.

:-)
    What's wrong with Women? :p

What do you like photographing etc?

Not saying I am going but to reach more people this is what you need to add...

I mean I hate Landscape/Abstract buildings etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Added. I'm the first in Navan to add, looks a bit bare around there.

Anyone around that area who likes night shooting, or landscape stuff. Nothing much of interest to shoot in Navan itself though, and I've no car ... Bicycle though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Hi,

I'm not a million miles from Navan either :-) Living in Skryne. Mostly shooting the kids these days as it's hard to get out of the house without them! But would love to do some wildlife, landscape, tombs/ruins, willing to give most things a try really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I am down in Dunshaughlin, pro for 5 years. Be nice to meet up with some people locally and shoot some of the beautiful county we live in. Work most weekends but during the week have some time. Also free if anybody wants some photoshop advice

I'd be up for that. Especially now the eves are getting brighter. I'm available evenings every second week...

I've added a few photo locations to the map around Meath but there are lots more.

I keep meaning to head over towards the M1 bridge near Oldbridge if anyone is interested in a nightshoot. A lift is not a problem Thecageyone.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

hmboards wrote: »
    I keep meaning to head over towards the M1 bridge near Oldbridge if anyone is interested in a nightshoot. A lift is not a problem Thecageyone.

Myself and SusieQ did this a few months back and wouldn't mind trying it again. The next week or so is not good for me - Cagey we can pick you up on our way.

Myself and SusieQ did this a few months back and wouldn't mind trying it again. The next week or so is not good for me - Cagey we can pick you up on our way.

We need a calendar ;-) Any eve week beginning 26/4 or 10/5 is good for me.

Great shots there, I especially like the abstract one...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Anyone going to Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta 2010 which is being hosted by Béal an Mhuirthead (Belmullet) in the Mayo Gaeltacht over the June Bank Holiday Weekend. Would be interested in meeting up for some photo stuff. Some info on what's to photo in the Belmullet / North West area of Mayo would also be great.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

hi lagnagoushee - i'm from just down/up the road from belmullet..

actually there's a small bit of local controversy at the moment as to whether the teams involved will actually come down and play... i think they've got a meeting planned sometime this week so it could be sorted though. as to what else there is to photograph in the area - well whatcha lookin for?! there's some stunning landscapes, beach, bog, forestry, mountains, lighthouses, islands, cliffs, boats, quarries, farms, church ruins, some of the north mayo sculpture trail, we get some stunning sunsets if the weather is right, and... um.... did i already mention bog...!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

artyeva wrote: »
    ............ there's some stunning landscapes, beach, bog, forestry, mountains, lighthouses, islands, cliffs, boats, quarries, farms, church ruins, some of the north mayo sculpture trail, we get some stunning sunsets if the weather is right, and... um.... did i already mention bog...!!:D

Sounds just like my stuff...........got some bog down here too! :D .........really looking forward to the trip. Hope to get to everything between Faulmore and the Ceide Fields, and then some. Any location advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

are you staying more than one day? i'd probably recommend it :p - yeah round the ceide fields are lovely - i don't thave the best head for heights so i usually sheild my eyes when i have to drive that road... :o you'd be best served coming in from that side - the killala road through ceide and glenamoy - if you want to turn right at glenamoy and take a detour down to carrateigue - there's some great views over broadhaven bay and if you go through the ''village'' to the very end there's some cool cliffs off a kind of dirt track to the right - a park and hike if you will ;) then back to glenamoy and turn right, and take the next right towards pullathomas after the gas refinery - [great Pub - McGrath's on the left!!] there's some great landscapes along that road at glengad and over the bay, then head through Inver to Belmullet. If you're heading over to the mullet - well - that's a whole gamut of roads [none of them signposted by the way] but Elly bay is lovely, if you head all the way to Blacksod there's loads of lefts and rights you can take down towards the sea, then back by Faulmore and the standing stone sculptures, to the little ruin church [they reckon if you can fit through the window you'll never die of famine...!!] and on the way back into belmullet take a left before the village [town?!!] towards Ballyglass pier - you can park up and take a hike down to the lighthouse. Or, head up another way towards Eagle Island and get some shots of the Island lighthouse - with a long lens... On your way home then you should head back towards Bangor [feel free to call in for tea ;)] and there's some spectacular bog vistas - if you have the time you could take a detour towards Ballycroy/Mulranney and head back to Castlebar that way but it'll add over an hour to your journey :D

the list is as endless as you want it to be I suppose... I know I've lived in the area for nearly a year and I keep finding new places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

I'm out in Pheonix park now and will be for another hour or so if anyone wants to join me?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

Is there any1 doing some pictures today around celbridge, maynooth or leixlip ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I can not figure out how to add a place marker at all :confused:

I managed to save Crawford Avenue to the map, i think, but how do I get my details up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Anyone with a car in or around the Meath/Navan area, I'm up for a hike about any time so long as you collect me and bring me home :D I'll buy you a coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Anyone up for an early morning treck to get some snowy pics now that the roads are safer?
    Thinking wicklow/dublin mountains but open to suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

If anyone wants to do anything around Dundalk, I'm free at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm going to go to Corinthans rugby home game this Sunday (30th Jan). Kick off is at 2:30pm, picth is about 3 miles on the N17 road (coming from town on the left hand side).

If anyone is interested in joining me come along. If there's heavy rain I won't go- don't want to risk damading my equiptment.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ytjeffsy29

Hello I'm newbie here from Lyons, Newcastle... CAn anybody help me how to put myself in the map???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Hey all. I'm in Cork and am available any time, although I don't have transport. :(

If anyone would like to meet up, just give me a shout. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭never2fast

Out at Dublin Airport tonight if anyone wants to join, pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 4 years in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JenMulkerrin

love the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

This is a great idea. I'd really like to take some photos of a derelict building near Cork but I'm reluctant to go on my own. Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

This is a great idea. I'd really like to take some photos of a derelict building near Cork but I'm reluctant to go on my own. Anyone interested?
    LOL, just beware of a first time poster saying they'll meet you somewhere at midnight...

Advertisement