Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamcast rerelease, probably a spoof..... but....

Options
  • 21-08-2013 11:38am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just read that the Dreamcast is being relaunched on the 27th of November....
    According to the twitter feed of Sega Otaku
    https://twitter.com/SEGAotaku
    Probably making it up, or it's some sort of fevered dream.... but you never know, fanboi dreams might come true.
    Of course, he/she may be nailed to the wall by his/her earlobes if he gets hopes up....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

There must be tons of DC;s lying around not sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

"Before I get sued by @SEGA I just like to confirm that Dreamcast tweet earlier was just my random sense of humour...."

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

"Before I get sued by @SEGA I just like to confirm that Dreamcast tweet earlier was just my random sense of humour...."

Right
    Let's get the pitchforks out....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,417 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So 'random' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    So 'random' :rolleyes:

I say he should enjoy a "random" farming accident involving a pto shaft and his nethers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Random along with ironic must be two of the most commonly misused words.
    I randomly meet my friend in our home town today which is ironic because of some reason that's not really ironic.
    Anyway for some reason this got me super excited. As I thought maybe it was a new super powered dreamcast.

Let's face it.
    There's a lot of Sega fans close to tears this evening, thanks to Mr "I don't know what random means"
    *sniffle *

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just finished reading "Service Games: Rise and Fall of SEGA", great read but it'll be a long long time before SEGA gets into the hardware market again.

Total train wreck management...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

before we talk about sega being a hardware maker again we need shenmue 3 first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What did that Sega E3 announcement thingy turn out to be?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That sega spectrum thing? They never showed or mentioned anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,417 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sega Spectrum was a hoax wasn't it? Incorrect colouring on the Sega logo gave it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

A nice article about the Dreamcast on wired.com

Advertisement