Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It snowed!

• 09-12-2003 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

don't know if anyone noticed or not, but the rain in dublin last night was actually teeny tiny little snowflakes rather than the misty rain it ooked like.

I only noticed myslef because i happened to be stood outside under a light, and you could see by the light reflected off the flakes that it was definatly snow. some of the little beggers were swirling up and around and everything ala 'real snow'. i've not heard of raindrops small enough to go upwards in such a light breeze.

anyway it was snow.

that was at 6pm in ballsbridge if anyone is really interested (for the record).

Comments

Actually your eyes may not have been deceiving you, what you may have seen could have been whats called freezing drizzle, it's a relation of soft hail and distantly related to snow for want of a better way of putting it.
    It was cold enough for snow on some of the mountain tops last night, but this at sea level would have been very , very flooky.

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There was a decent amount of snow on the Galtees,Thursday last week, from previous night...

Mike.

Advertisement