Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

• 04-11-2018 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mod: ye olde thread is here. Remember that if you were threadbanned from that thread, you are still threadbanned here.

RaichuMGS wrote: »
    did you read it twice?

Did you?

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

So I can’t have an opinion because I don’t have cancer or a drug addiction?????

What are you rambling on about???

it's quite obvious what she was talking about.
    Direct Provision is a load of ****e topic anyway. Filled with fraudster asylum seekers who have already been rejected but we haven't the balls to deport them so they exhaust the appeal process. WTF do they want complete open borders even more than we already have?

we very much have the balls to deport them. once the full procedures are exausted. direct provision may have it's faults but people going through the process need to be accommodated somewhere while they go through the process, somewhere the authorities can insure their whereabouts. + the majority of asylum seekers aren't fraudsters, they haven't been charged with, and in a court of law, found guilty of fraud.
    Jennifer McGuire hasn’t tweeted since that accusation.

Seems she’s been put back in her box in her little sheltered d4 hideout.

or perhapse she is busy, out somewhere, asleep, whichever?
    fin12 wrote: »
    I really hope by the next election Peter Casey has a new party set up and a candidate in cork which I can vote for.

i'd say there is no chance. he couldn't even get elected to the presidentsy. i have a feeling this chap if he does go for politics, will be the irish version of flipflop farage. running for election but keeps being rejected.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It might be best if you leave this planet, as I'd imagine life is stressful for you. Would brutality be considered err emm brutal behaviour?

I think a measure of brutality it quantifiable just like a gill of whiskey. The application of punishment in an authoritative is different to louts brawling.

Sorry he stands for a lot more than his views on travellers. He says exactly what all the rest of us are thinking.

nope. he really doesn't. he says what some people think. but he most certainly does not say what all the rest of us think.
    I’m sick of these fake fu*ckers we’ve had for years in government.

so am i, but peter casey is the exact same as them.
    Oh sorry 342 thousand of us.... it’s hard to get ur message across when you live in such a corrupt country.

casey supporters got plenty of platforms to get their message across.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    francie is gone but your back

now isnt that a coincidence

you cnat have read it that well

one of the names of one of the 3 pieces of legislation contains the word travellers

(Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998 )

so?
    RaichuMGS wrote: »
    Pretty sure a persons right to peaceful enjoyment of their home trumps the rights of the bollox who breaks in and beats the ****e out of the owner and proceeds to rob them.

yes hence we have jail sentences for that crime.
    did francie not fill you in on how things have been going ?

repeatedly linked and proved

refer to previous posts please

i read all posts in relation to this. francie doesn't have to fill me in on anything, it's not his job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

so?

i read all posts in relation to this. francie doesn't have to fill me in on anything, it's not his job.

So ? thats your response to being proven wrong multiple times ?

reactivate francie there will you he was much better at this than you .

your party will not be proud of you eotr tisk tisk

• Advertisement

So ? thats your response to being proven wrong multiple times ?

reactivate francie there will you he was much better at this than you .

your party will not be proud of you eotr tisk tisk

i haven't been proven wrong. i can't "reactivate" francie given he is a human being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

i haven't been proven wrong. i can't "reactivate" francie given he is a human being.

lol your fooling no one

lol your fooling no one

huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

McGuire will be back in a few days in one of the rags with a sob story about Twitter trolls and bullying. Whilst completely neglecting the fact that she fabricated a story about Peter Casey.

I turned off the LLS after her opening line in her interview. Blabbing on about a some wonderful guests AND Peter Casey. Then said something about how he was sitting in the green room and had separated food for himself.

I reckon she had the whole thing planned out in her head but didn't realize it would backfire on her. She is the very definition of living in a bubble. She probably thought she'd be a legend because EVERYBODY (that she knows) hates Peter Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

because they are an ethnic minority.

What makes someone ethnically a Traveller, as opposed to just Irish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

McGuire will be back in a few days in one of the rags with a sob story about Twitter trolls and bullying. Whilst completely neglecting the fact that she fabricated a story about Peter Casey.

I turned off the LLS after her opening line in her interview. Blabbing on about a some wonderful guests AND Peter Casey. Then said something about how he was sitting in the green room and had separated food for himself.

I reckon she had the whole thing planned out in her head but didn't realize it would backfire on her. She is the very definition of living in a bubble. She probably thought she'd be a legend because EVERYBODY (that she knows) hates Peter Casey
    A ledge!

where did tuberty threaten a guest? there was no threat toards casey from what i saw. the BAI may investigate it but i'd be surprised if there is any result other then it being thrown

Thrown out, just like Francis's "group" complaint to the 5-0 :pac:

She's unfunny and painfully annoying.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,728 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Can't believe this thread actually made it to 10,000 posts

:)

Seems there's a lot more interest in Peter Casey views than some will admit

• No she got what she wanted. A real nasty piece of work that one. Again our taxes pay her wages. And she attacked him earlier in the show too. You can tell she is a stuck up bitch in love with herself.

Is that an After Hours euphemism for self-confident woman? If it's any consolation, as somebody who's not enough of a pleb to watch reality tv I had never heard of her until now so you might make a great employee in her PR department.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Please take a moment out of your Sunday morning to watch this short snippit.

It was made by the American government in 1943

It's incredibly apt right now in America. In the UK and frankly to this entire threads permise. I'm in no doubt that there is ultras that will sneer at it but I don't really care. If the ones on the fence that are willfully vilifiying an entire group of people get it then it's done it's job.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1058991043696345088

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Omackeral wrote: »
    She's unfunny and painfully annoying.

She sure is....

I don't understand how failing on the apprentice got her a TV gig, she's not funny is a poor sctor and is pretty unrelatable (to me at least)

Though the same could be said about many of RTEs favourites

Gonna leave this here one last time before the thread is closed.

''Everyone should be treated equally and the State should not discriminate against anybody.'' -Peter Casey

• listermint wrote: »
    Please take a moment out of your Sunday morning to watch this short snippit.

It was made by the American government in 1943

It's incredibly apt right now in America. In the UK and frankly to this entire threads permise. I'm in no doubt that there is ultras that will sneer at it but I don't really care. If the ones on the fence that are willfully vilifiying an entire group of people get it then it's done it's job.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1058991043696345088

That was actually really, really informative, it threw a huge light on America at the time. Watching the WASP's reaction change when the speaker mentioned Freemasons after Catholics and Negroes was like watching a film based on Martin Niemöller's "First they came for the Communists...".

''Everyone should be treated equally and the State should not discriminate against anybody.'' -Peter Casey

Then act like that quote. Please. Act like it.

Demonisation and vilification is what this thread has been.

Nothing more. That line does not describe this thread.

My post above is exactly what this thread is about. Everyone should watch it.

Everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Great point, there are so many different cultures and ethnicities here now that to single out any of them as having special status above any other is indeed discriminatory.

Edward M wrote: »
    Great point, there are so many different cultures and ethnicities here now that to single out any of them as having special status above any other is indeed discriminatory.

Any equally to target them for special treatment of Ire , anger and vilification comes under the same umbrella

• Registered Users Posts: 66,318 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well that's progress I suppose that you recognise they are an ethnicity.

Next is to get you to see and understand that it does not confer any 'extra' equality on them.

And before we go down the rabbithole again, an 'entitlement' is not an extra right. Democratic and caring societies give extra entitlements and make special provision for, many many sections of society. And indeed, this community had entitlements and extra provision in law, long before SEMS, just like the disabled, the elderly, single mothers etc etc.

As previously pointed out, abuse of the above happens but has to be tolerated, to a degree, if we wish to live in a democratic, caring society.

listermint wrote: »
    Any equally to target them for special treatment of Ire , anger and vilification comes under the same umbrella

If you can't see the reasoning behind the suspicion of travellers where you live then you live in a bubble.
    I don't hate them, but I know enough about them to not want any dealings with them, so I just ignore them and when they turn up in the yard uninvited, which is regularly and the reason everything is locked up, I just tell them I don't want what they are trying to sell or the services they are offering.
    Doesn't stop them coming back mind, but I've a firm stance on how I deal with them. You can make your own mind up on yours.

Well that's progress I suppose that you recognise they are an ethnicity.

Next is to get you to see and understand that it does not confer any 'extra' equality on them.

And before we go down the rabbithole again, an 'entitlement' is not an extra right. Democratic and caring societies give extra entitlements and make special provision for, many many sections of society. And indeed, this community had entitlements and extra provision in law, long before SEMS, just like the disabled, the elderly, single mothers etc etc.

As previously pointed out, abuse of the above happens but has to be tolerated, to a degree, if we wish to live in a democratic, caring society.

Never said they weren't, but what's so "special" about it?

If you can't see the reasoning behind the suspicion of travellers where you live then you live in a bubble.
    I don't hate them, but I know enough about them to not want any dealings with them, so I just ignore them and when they turn up in the yard uninvited, which is regularly and the reason everything is locked up, I just tell them I don't want what they are trying to sell or the services they are offering.
    Doesn't stop them coming back mind, but I've a firm stance on how I deal with them. You can make your own mind up on yours.

The video was entirely lost on you

And you reverted straight back to normal service.

Congratulations.

Happy Sunday

listermint wrote: »
    The video was entirely lost on you

And you reverted straight back to normal service.

Congratulations.

Happy Sunday

I will, you too. I'm off to a market to do a stall, I'll be beside a few travellers, we'll have a chat and d craic too, how many of them will you be chatting to today?

• Registered Users Posts: 66,318 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Never said they weren't, but what's so "special" about it?

The 'ethnicity' is not special, there are many ethnicities as you say. The 'status' is 'special' because we conferred it to aid in inclusivity and parity of esteem.
    Get the image of a criminal (who should all be treated equally) out of your head for a minute and read this maybe and you will see that the status should not threaten you or anybody else.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/q-a-what-does-ethnic-recognition-mean-for-irish-travellers-1.2993526

It is no co-incidence that Kenny mentions the GFA in his address to the House, it also was conceived to aid inclusivness and parity of esteem and allow for 'overlapping identities', but nobody would ever suggest it makes one identity more equal than the other.

https://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/eng/News/Taoiseach's_Speeches/Statement_by_An_Taoiseach_Enda_Kenny_TD_on_the_recognition_of_Travellers_as_an_ethnic_group_Dail_Eireann_1_March_2017.html

I will, you too. I'm off to a market to do a stall, I'll be beside a few travellers, we'll have a chat and d craic too, how many of them will you be chatting to today?

Not many , I've no business with travellers today.

• Advertisement

The 'ethnicity' is not special, there are many ethnicities as you say. The 'status' is 'special' because we conferred it to aid in inclusivity and parity of esteem.
    Get the image of a criminal (who should all be treated equally) out of your head for a minute and read this maybe and you will see that the status should not threaten you or anybody else.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/q-a-what-does-ethnic-recognition-mean-for-irish-travellers-1.2993526

It is no co-incidence that Kenny mentions the GFA in his address to the House, it also was conceived to aid inclusivness and parity of esteem and allow for 'overlapping identities', but nobody would ever suggest it makes one identity more equal than the other.

https://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/eng/News/Taoiseach's_Speeches/Statement_by_An_Taoiseach_Enda_Kenny_TD_on_the_recognition_of_Travellers_as_an_ethnic_group_Dail_Eireann_1_March_2017.html

They don't want inclusivity, that's the point lost on a good few, they tell you that themselves if you talked to them.
    They want to be free to live their lives as they do and not have any interference from me and thee.
    The problem is that their way of life impedes on ours and they aren't happy with our laws impeding on theirs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement