Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microcamper insurance

• 27-10-2020 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,does anyone know anything about insuring a microcamper,I own an 09 grand picasso and im thinking of buying a conversion kit from a company in Donegal but I'm unsure of any insurance company out there that insure them.ive been onto Dolmen already and they don't deal with them at all,any info greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

The kit comes in and out, I know the ones seen the ads. I'd say the car says on normal road tax and insurance. You might want to take the gas out when you aren't camping i.e. using it day to day but other than that you aren't modifying the vehicle so why would there be insurance implications. As always maybe ask the insurance?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Someone on one of the FB groups said they're not even insuring big VW Caravalle type vehicles if they've windows the whole way around - as in, they're originally a 9 seater rather than a van. If that's true you've no hope with a Picasso. It's a pity as I'd like the views with the windows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Phew! They said it's a new thing. I was hoping it wasn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

dory wrote: »
    Phew! They said it's a new thing. I was hoping it wasn't true.
    If you saw it on Fakebook just remember a lot of what's there probably isn't true :D

The signal to noise ration is overwhelming there alright. I stopped using it 5 years ago.
    I'm also very wary of those who do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭doiredoire

tphase wrote: »
    some on a FB group is talking through their hoop - my van has windows all the way around and is insured (as a camper)

So has mine. I bought and insured in August

Advertisement