Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake watch busters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

banie01 wrote: »
    It's a pity he got caught for the card but it's refreshing to see some honesty on the ad and a mea culpa and good will gesture.

He was forced into it.

Most people would have removed immediately but he tried to tough it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭banie01

893bet wrote: »
    He was forced into it.

Most people would have removed immediately but he tried to tough it out.

Of course, I don't doubt it. He had his eyes opened for him ;)
    I think removing and relisting the watch could have possibly looked dodgier than holding his hands up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

The Rolex in this box of stuff is fake, date is off and the cyclops doesn't magnify.
    https://www.adverts.ie/casual/selection-of-watches/22283171?notification=61a16d2b96af661f831cb46f4b310d7b-1606487121

OmegaGene wrote: »
    2 dealers on them straight away
    tut tut

What were the asking prices?

I lol hard at the “dealers” who this in the hope one of the watches is real. Says a lot about the “dealer”.

• Advertisement

Sorry I didnt grab the screen guys, its gone now. It was a not the worst fake, but the text on the date was not aligned, cyclops did nothing and it was in a box of ****ters.

I suppose the "dealers" get lucky one in 50 times and get a bargain

We missed this beauty on adverts for 550 euro, seller claim its not fake.....good one.

Screenshot-2020-11-28-112202.png
    Screenshot-2020-11-28-112219.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

Aye I was up early this morning zapping a couple of eye wateringly bad fakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

893bet wrote: »
    What were the asking prices?

I lol hard at the “dealers” who this in the hope one of the watches is real. Says a lot about the “dealer”.

I have seen spare/loose authentic Rolex links going for more than that whole watch.

Caught this one this morning. I suppose it was listed for €5 but good lord...

FyOxgs.md.jpg

• Advertisement

I seen that......u left out the best part.....the 3 euro offer

DF6-BA7-B9-51-D9-4954-B2-F9-94691-F72-F54-B.png

Homer wrote: »
    Caught this one this morning. I suppose it was listed for €5 but good lord...

FyOxgs.md.jpg

But doesn't everyone want an Oyster Perpetual Cosmosraph (tm)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    But doesn't everyone want an Oyster Perpetual Cosmosraph (tm)?

Only if it comes with a second Rolex logo at a jaunty angle on the dial.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Only if it comes with a second Rolex logo at a jaunty angle on the dial.

Maybe that extra crown is indicating the sidereal time offset, about 3 minutes a day.:pac::pac:...that watch is quite a thing alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I like the crown logo at an angle, kinda like a cocked hat, jaunty indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

It's a rolex watch with three crowns... should have called it a Daytona :D

Thirdfox wrote: »
    It's a rolex watch with three crowns... should have called it a Daytona :D

Daytona has 5 Crowns and one cock (wearing it)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seller in Armagh with 3 very cheap Tag's

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=480046

they need flushing but for some reason fake gear is allowed on dung deal

Given the cross site cooperation between Dung Deal and Adverts, I am surprised that this is still allowed.

• Advertisement

Ah OK, didn't know that.

Doubly surprising then, given the strict policy on Adverts.

Perhaps it is a long transition.

With all the recent seizures of counterfeit materials, including watches, I'm surprised that this persists.

I have no mod powers on donedeal just adverts.ie FWIW so cant help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Use the force Homer use the force

The forks?

Birneybau wrote: »
    The forks?

d6dfybw-1bb2ef23-d685-41b8-a8ba-f11d68667ec1.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2UyYzVlZmEtMmE3NC00NDI4LWFlYTYtMDY2YzJkMTlkNWEyXC9kNmRmeWJ3LTFiYjJlZjIzLWQ2ODUtNDFiOC1hOGJhLWYxMWQ2ODY2N2VjMS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0_5Pi2TnALelQItpTXyjLdes8TRMFbOGYAhdsmwd_mY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

d6dfybw-1bb2ef23-d685-41b8-a8ba-f11d68667ec1.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2UyYzVlZmEtMmE3NC00NDI4LWFlYTYtMDY2YzJkMTlkNWEyXC9kNmRmeWJ3LTFiYjJlZjIzLWQ2ODUtNDFiOC1hOGJhLWYxMWQ2ODY2N2VjMS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0_5Pi2TnALelQItpTXyjLdes8TRMFbOGYAhdsmwd_mY

This is what I was referring to

https://youtu.be/hiX9nbI56DI

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Already gone (it wasn't me)

1 seller with 2 stinkers that need to be nuked

https://www.adverts.ie/22465375

https://www.adverts.ie/22465360

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Question for the adverts mods. Whenever I (or anyone else in here) report an adverts ad with a fake watch in it, you guys are usually super quick to intervene and remove the ad. Kudos for that!

However when I report an ad for another reason, like "not marked as sold", most of the time nothing happens. From a user's point of view, the latter is extremely annoying and frustrating. You search for something, find it, read the description and the full bidding history, only to find out it is sold already. Why do you guys refuse to mark an ad as sold when you are made aware that it is sold?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Question for the adverts mods. Whenever I (or anyone else in here) report an adverts ad with a fake watch in it, you guys are usually super quick to intervene and remove the ad. Kudos for that!

However when I report an ad for another reason, like "not marked as sold", most of the time nothing happens. From a user's point of view, the latter is extremely annoying and frustrating. You search for something, find it, read the description and the full bidding history, only to find out it is sold already. Why do you guys refuse to mark an ad as sold when you are made aware that it is sold?

Great questions, let me try and answer:

Something fake usually has some form of a legality breach behind it, and all fakes (not just watches) are treated equally - nuked on sight. Occasionally we make a mistake, and always have the option to put an ad back if we need to.

Regarding reports, theres lots (and lots, and lots) of reasons why people report an ad, and those reports end up in a big queue. Someone has to eyeball the reports, and decide if they need action or not - some need action straight away, and some don't. As a volunteer mod I do have access to the report queue, but I leave that to the Adverts staff to deal with, as they see fit. Sometimes that may mean a report is just closed. It's not up to me to mark an ad as sold, thats the sellers job.

While I'm at it, it's worth mentioning that occasionally we (the volunteer mods) may occasionally go against the 'grain' of an opinion, but that'll be because it's not my site, I'm not the boss, I only help out :D

Advertisement