Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 Battery Replacement

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

Setanta_og wrote: »
    As a very professional customer let me clarify a few points for you.

I except there is €2.01 change out of a tenner for the app but at that it’s still too expensive when this it is seen to be an integral and innovative element of the sale pitch associated with the product and particularly so when the app did not transfer as described by you. When we contacted the installer we were advised to speak to HKC where in turn we were advised that reinstalling the app was the only way to reactivate smart support that meant repurchase on Playstore.

Over the time since installation both our phones for one reason or another have had to be replaced twice so technically that cost €32.

While I except €7 is not €10 and €32 is not €40 this additional cost should not exist at all. You don’t need to guess what the installation cost as I won’t be elaborating any further.

However, I will outline the remedial work referred to basically it involved removing 6 self-tapping screws removing the contacts from the old windows and repositioning them in a similar location on the new windows re-calibrating the system to recognise these changes and the project was done.

Thanks for the cost of living advice but its wasn’t a router problem we were dealing with and to finish this exchange I would agree with you there are no free lunches or should there be but it is a known fact that sometimes launches don’t stand up to their billing (pun intended) we have come away from with that feeling

It would seem that perhaps, with such a negative experience that perhaps you were unaware of the costs of the product which you subsequently purchased.

I trust you have mentioned all of these issues which you have, with your installer, that guy that, in your view who overcharged you to do a small little job.
    What did your installer say in response I wonder, or has he any idea at all that you are annoyed ?

Kind of like the person in a restaurant who tells the waiter the meal was nice and everything was perfect to only moan about it afterwards.

Anyway, I have had on the very odd occasion calls from my customers with strange issues, just like you mentioned about the App transfer.
    However it was I that did the leg work for them and none of them ended up forking out that massive € 7.99 for the App again.
    I have yet to have a customer to experience this twice, like you have, which is exceptional.

Thank you for outlining the remedial work and what was involved, i would be concerned though that with 3 windows and 3 contacts, that there is not enough screws holding those units in place, because contacts need 4 screws each as there are 2 separate units.

It would again seem a shame that perhaps you did not agree on a cost with your installer before he undertook this work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Having the same issue with the battery can anyone pm me the manual please

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AntonP

The manual can be found online.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

What are you supposed to do though, if you don't have the Engineer code?

That's the problem I have. Moved into a new house. HKC Quantum 70 with battery fault. No Engineer code. Installer's mobile number is on the panel, rang it and it's disconnected.

Can you do a total reset, by shorting a jumper or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, if system is not engineer locked you can do a code default.

Remove factory link, down power, battery and mains. Power up on main or battery and scroll to default codes.

If its engineer locked then you would need an alarm engineer to unlock it for you but that will mean a full program of the system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement