Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭you2008

I am registered- but don't get shopping online from them......
    I get the clubcard vouchers in the post normally- but haven't gotten any in a while. :(

really? Sue Tesco from discrimination :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FrDougal

Dunnes Enniscorthy

The below are "from" €25.

Cork Dry Gin 1Ltr
    Captain Morgan 1Ltr
    Smirnoff 1Ltr
    Jameson 700ml
    Bombay Sapphire 700ml
    Jack Daniels 700ml

€10 off €50 voucher applies.

I can confirm than Jameson 700ml was definitely €25. Maybe someone else can clarify if the others are €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

FrDougal wrote: »
    Dunnes Enniscorthy

The below are "from" €25.

Cork Dry Gin 1Ltr
    Captain Morgan 1Ltr
    Smirnoff 1Ltr
    Jameson 700ml
    Bombay Sapphire 700ml
    Jack Daniels 700ml

€10 off €50 voucher applies.

I can confirm than Jameson 700ml was definitely €25. Maybe someone else can clarify if the others are €25.

Do u know how long the above offers are running for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I am registered- but don't get shopping online from them......
    I get the clubcard vouchers in the post normally- but haven't gotten any in a while. :(
    I think it might be specific to certain customers; a family member (who doesn't shop online either) has been receiving money off vouchers this month and last in the post and I haven't received any - the current ones they have are €16 off €80. Last vouchers I received were over the summer in the usual mail out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Northern Ireland

Tesco are offering 25% off 6-or-more bottles of wine or champagne up North right now.

Obviously, we shouldn't be going North for Covid related reasons- however, if you have a genuine reason to be there- makes sense to pop into Tesco.
    Their 'finest' Sauv-blanc is particularly nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,783 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Northern Ireland
    Tesco are offering 25% off 6-or-more bottles of wine or champagne up North right now.

On the wine front down south...

Tesco ROI have 6 for €50 on selected wines, some nice ones in the mix e.g. reds Faustino Rioja, Cune Rioja, Dada & Sav Blanc from Villa Maria, Graham Norton, Brancott Estate.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32919075

Supervalu have 6 for €40 on selected wines, the Emotivo Montepulciano D'Abruzzo the pick of the bunch for me.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-italy-emotivo-montepulciano-d-abruzzo-75-cl-/p-1098381000#in-offer-1228372

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

odyssey06 wrote: »

Tesco ROI have 6 for €50 on selected wines, some nice ones in the mix e.g. reds Faustino Rioja, Cune Rioja, Dada & Sav Blanc from Villa Maria, Graham Norton, Brancott Estate.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32919075

6 for €50 on those?? I love Dada, Faustino and Graham Norton. Sounds way too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 6 cans of Carlsberg in the offy for €10 and noticed there 5%, heard of Heineken been 5% but never Carlsberg

Thats 3 different strengths available 3.8%,4.3% (which is the norm) and 5%

6 for €50 on those?? I love Dada, Faustino and Graham Norton. Sounds way too good to pass up.

Yes indeed, time to stock up before Christmas and any looming regulatory changes in January to alcohol discounts.
    It's only the Graham Norton Sauvignon Blanc in the deal, just watch out for that - the shiraz and prosecco aren't included.

The Dada chocolate & malbec are both included, can't remember seeing them in the deal before.

The Madiran used to be one of my favourite wines from Tesco, a crunchy tannin heavy beast but it's now been softened into just a quaffing wine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you2008 wrote: »
    have you ever got any in the past? make sure you are reg with them on line :o and at least shopping there once a while

i've found the more you spend with them...... they don't bother to send you any of these vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seve OB wrote: »
    i've found the more you spend with them...... they don't bother to send you any of these vouchers.

Yes you are better off to run off 2 seperate cards, that cuts down the take to 50% per card and means more vouchers per card than if you just used 1 as they want to encourage low spenders to spend more, you will still get the same overall points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got 6 cans of Carlsberg in the offy for €10 and noticed there 5%, heard of Heineken been 5% but never Carlsberg

Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you2008 wrote: »
    Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur 70Cl €12.00

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255249776

please dont argue it was €10.00 last Xmas, it not Xmas yet ............:)

i just went up to the local to pick some up
    it was €16.

looks like the offer is over! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Guinness I’m tesco. 8 cans 500ml 12 euro. Not bad with a voucher

Can I assume that stores will up the ante with the deals next week as it’s BH.

The way things are at the mo it’s looking like last chance to stock up until the Christmas.

My God. It’s just as I say that now it’s hitting home that we’ll be here drinking In our cells till who knows when with little chance of parole.

Where was this?

Independent off licence in Waterford

They have a great selection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

heineken 8 x 500ml cans €10 in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Must be a one off , all other offos that sell 6 packs are 4.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Supervalu have 6 for €40 on selected wines, the Emotivo Montepulciano D'Abruzzo the pick of the bunch for me.
    https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-italy-emotivo-montepulciano-d-abruzzo-75-cl-/p-1098381000#in-offer-1228372

I've a series of 10 off 50 vouchers from a club card mailing, one each for the next few weeks, so I fear I've no choice but to spend 80 euro between at least this week and next to get 12 bottles. I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you! I guess I'll compromise that I thank you, though my liver will curse you!

Must be a one off , all other offos that sell 6 packs are 4.3%

It wasant a 6 pack, its was single cans 3 for €5

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cython wrote: »
    I've a series of 10 off 50 vouchers from a club card mailing, one each for the next few weeks, so I fear I've no choice but to spend 80 euro between at least this week and next to get 12 bottles. I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you! I guess I'll compromise that I thank you, though my liver will curse you!
    These offers will be no more from next January so make the most of them now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Which offie in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

5% is normal outside of this oddity of a market where 4.3% is king, and the UK where it is even weaker.

It could be imported from a non approved distributor, or if it was red cans I think they were some soccer related thing for man u or liverpool. They were on sale at high prices but might have to off load them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Yes you are better off to run off 2 seperate cards, that cuts down the take to 50% per card and means more vouchers per card than if you just used 1 as they want to encourage low spenders to spend more, you will still get the same overall points :pac:

Thanks a million for tip off. Wondered why I got very little vouchers. It's like the dual pricing in insurance- loyalty means very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Where’s the best place to buy vanilla vodka? Any good Dealz on it and also creme de cacao white?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Absolut do a vanilla vodka. Try Dunnes or Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Vanilla Vodka, what a time to be alive

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Quackster wrote: »
    These offers will be no more from next January so make the most of them now!

?

?

New government rules from mid January.
    Won't be able to get or spend loyalty discounts related to alcohol sales.
    Won't be able to use spend X save Y vouchers for them.
    I think multi-buy deals on alcohol may also be gone eg buy 6 for 50 but could be wrong on that.

Don't want to take thread off topic with my thoughts on that, the takeaway is stock up now on these kind of bargains, you may not see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭you2008

I think multi-buy deals on alcohol may also be gone eg buy 6 for 50 but could be wrong on that.

Don't want to take thread off topic with my thoughts on that, the takeaway is stock up now on these kind of bargains, you may not see them again.

LOL this is not going to work for Ireland, same as water charge :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not sure if the use of spend & save vouchers will be no more as they don't seem to be covered in the legislation but multi-bottle wine offers like six for €40 or €50 will definitely be banned from 11th January next.

As you say, stock up now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement