Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

bluewolf wrote: »
    Give her back to the parents who left her and the other young child unsupervised while they went out partying? Eh no I don't think so

Yeah you'd have to wonder about that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'll donate €100 to SSF and 10 pints of blood if it turns out to be Madeline.

This is another cheap marketing ploy from the McCanns to sell their book.

Seeing as pro-tips seem to be in-vogue here's one:

Protip: Don't leave your 3 year old daughter and 2 year old toddlers all alone whilst you go to a tapas bar you pair of negligent fùcks.
    Especially when there is a babysitting service available!!

I was always suspect about this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Give her back to the parents who left her and the other young child unsupervised while they went out partying? Eh no I don't think so

:D:D That's breathtakingly funny. Your humanity and joy just pours out of that reaction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

The difference in appearance between a 3 year old and a 7 year old is so great that I don't believe it is possible for anyone to "recognize" her now. I'd say even people that knew the child couldn't do this, nevermind people who only saw photos on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Ah FFS. So the McCanns set this whole thing up?! Forced two random tourists in India to accost a blonde child? Next thing ye know, the McCanns will be blamed for the Lockerbie bombing. Jesus Christ, I'm outta this thread before my head explodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

goat2 wrote: »
    i hope with all my heart that the little girl is madeleine, i have always felt very sorry for her parents, just what they need, they have and are still going through hell,

yeah, the guilt and constant fear of being caught for killing their daughter must be horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

They let them keep the remaining child though, didn't they? Anyway, they are not her legal guardians anymore? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/2262153/Madeleine-McCann-parents-to-access-police-files.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

The article says that police have taken the passports of the people with the child while they investigate whether it is her or not, but surely something more should be done than just taking a passport. Now I know that this family is no more guilty than innocent but IMO in a country the size of India, if this is Maddie and these people have now been spooked they could disappear very easily in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭cancercowboy

mod:
    <snip>
    Keep the dumb assed jokes to nein 11.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I hope when it's eventually determined that this is indeed not Maddy McCann, that those two idiots are charged with attempted abduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's a terrible joke! The second part mightn't be true at all
    markc1184 wrote: »
    The article says that police have taken the passports of the people with the child while they investigate whether it is her or not, but surely something more should be done than just taking a passport. Now I know that this family is no more guilty than innocent but IMO in a country the size of India, if this is Maddie and these people have now been spooked they could disappear very easily in India.

Well probably the alternative is to put them in jail or maybe sign on at a local police station everyday. They have to be presumed innocent after all, it's hardly compelling evidence. Some random American and British people think it's her.

Some people take the Maddie thing very personally, touch obsessive about it. I don't think they are the most reliable of witnesses.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

I will be amazed if this is madeline.
    I feel sorry for these innocent people who are dragged into this. Imagine what this child and her parents are going through now.

Maddie jokes disgust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Seeing as pro-tips seem to be in-vogue here's one:

Protip: Don't leave your 3 year old daughter and 2 year old toddlers all alone whilst you go to a tapas bar you pair of negligent fùcks.

Oh Christ!

Here we go - take it away AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Especially when there is a babysitting service available!!

So where the **** is the kid if she is still alive then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I all sounds very clinical.

Their spokesperson says that their private detectives are in contact with authorities. Although, they probably have had loads and loads of these "sightings".

It must be horrific for the parents of that child, and the child of course. Hopefully they will do whatever they need to as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

markc1184 wrote: »

And if it is not her, as is the most likely option, then a totally innocent couple have had strangers (the tourists who saw them) try to forcibly take their daughter from them(attempted abduction methinks regardless of what intentions were behind it) and then have been taken in by the authorities so that their daughter can be proven to not be someone else.

Not to mention the stress and panic felt by them and their daughter.

Just hope that the DNA testing etc is done quickly for the sake of all parties involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Do you think the Portuguese police are cacking themselves right now :D

Fingers crossed it is her, I'll take back all I said about the mother if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭badabing106

So where the **** is the kid if she is still alive then?

THe British and Portugese police investigators who worked on this case, believe that Madeleine mcCann is not alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭badabing106

Do you think the Portuguese police are cacking themselves right now :D
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

id be shocked if it was madeline myself. id say its more likely that the book sales are dipping and they need to raise funds for all those legal cases they are involved in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I wonder what the parents are going to do if it's proven not to be Madeline McCann. Personally I'd want the americans arrested and charged with assault, abduction ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

ITV reporting that they understand that there has been no official request to Kate and Gerry McCann for DNA samples, so reports in the newspapers may be false.

That article makes for a depressing read, you really have to feel sorry for the parents of the child and no I don't mean the McCanns. Imagine what those parents are goign through right now, some random tourist tries to kindnap your child and in the process accuses you of taking the child from others.

I hope that the Americans in question are prosecuted for wasting police time and the parents bring a civil case against both the police and the American tourists.

Ironically if it does turn out to be Maddie then it seems that her new parent are far more protective and caring that her real ones who really had their priorities in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I think we have a bit of a Columbo on our hands? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll go 200, not allowed give blood. :pac:

Two things, who would take the word of someone who basically tried to snatch a kid in public? And seriously, The Daily Mail? Seriously guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Kess73 wrote: »
    a totally innocent couple have had strangers (the tourists who saw them) try to forcibly take their daughter from them(attempted abduction methinks regardless of what intentions were behind it) and then have been taken in by the authorities so that their daughter can be proven to not be someone else.

That's what they get for not keeping an eye on her, it's shocking Joe...shockin' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

They saw a girl who they thought might look like an older version of Madeline McCann and tried to take her off her parents? Retards.

Something similar to this happened a cousin of mine while on holidays in America visiting his brother who lives there. Someone spotted his daughter with him in a subway, thought she looked like Madeline and told the cops. The cops went and arrested him at the train station, despite his daughter screaming and crying 'daddy' as they took him away from her.

He didn't have his passport on him. The cops immediately treated him with suspicion. His reaction was 'do you always carry your passport everywhere with you on holidays??'. He had to ring his brother to leave work, go back to the house and get his and his daughter's passport before they'd release him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Bendihorse wrote: »
    As said previously, the mark in her eye would be an immediate give away, no?

She wasn't the only person with that mark on her eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Not the first time Americans have made this mistake. I found this article on Reddit a while ago - simply shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Aha... according to this article, the girl in question is only 6, too young to be Madeleine, so why are they doing tests?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement