Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ID needed for mortgage drawdown?

• 17-04-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi there folks we got approved a mortgage and I have just noticed that my passport is out of date and don't currently have a driving license.

Only real ID I have is the government id card.

Would I need a passport for the banks to issue the funds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Hi there folks we got approved a mortgage and I have just noticed that my passport is out of date and don't currently have a driving license.

Just get a new passport no?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say if it's the expired ID they have on file they will need a valid ID to satisfy themselves rather than AML regulations which would have been already satisifed.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Browney7 wrote:
    Just get a new passport no?

Mortgage offer only has a month left ( took ages for all the paperwork as was a bank sale) and wasn't sure if I would get a new one in time

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

Apply straight away, you'll have it in two weeks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Do it online. We done ours last year and had it back within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Surely the cheque will issue to your solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

This happened me. Broker flagged it before sale closed and had to get a new passport for drawdown. Couldn't get around it although in hindsight a drivers license should've sufficed I guess. He didn't give me that option and I just got a new passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Go apply today. You can get it on two weeks but you need to start the process immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The_Fitz

Renewed my passport online a few months ago. Was posted through my door 9 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Why not just use the government ID?
    Its a valid ID so no reason the bank shouldn't accept it.
    I would contact them to confirm it first but no point applying for passport if you don't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Mortgage approval in principal offer will be vaild for 6 months, loan offer letter will also be valid for a further 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mortgage offer only has a month left ( took ages for all the paperwork as was a bank sale) and wasn't sure if I would get a new one in time

Applied for my passport on a Saturday morning,on line ,came in the post on the Monday

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Why not just use the government ID?
    Its a valid ID so no reason the bank shouldn't accept it.
    I would contact them to confirm it first but no point applying for passport if you don't have to.

My local cu wont accept it as proof I'd !. I overheard a conversation between a teller and a customer over the phone,its a very large CU so I don't know their thinking behind this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

Yes you need I'd to sign your loan offer and contracts with solicitor

Thanks everyone guess my best bet is to do the online way.
    Would I need to stand Infront of a white wall? As all my walls are either red or yellow ha :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Thanks everyone guess my best bet is to do the online way.
    Would I need to stand Infront of a white wall? As all my walls are either red or yellow ha :(

Get a white sheet or stick up white pages.

It can't be crinkled and must be very clear with no shadows.

Take on your phone while applying and it's that easy.

It can't be crinkled and must be very clear with no shadows.

Thanks once I try to upload the photo would it say there and then if it is acceptable??

Thanks once I try to upload the photo would it say there and then if it is acceptable??

Yes. Wont let you apply until all the boxes are ticked. The picture is one of them.

Advertisement