Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jollyballs

For someone that hasn't played 1 or 2, is 3 a good place to start? Always loved the look but just never got into them. Spec wise how wooden can the pc be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Well no-one's played 3 yet. 1 or 2 are both excellent and standalone and hopefully 3 well be more of the same. I didn't like the pre-sequel which came after. It was all right but not as good as the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well 3 is bringing back what looks the almost the entire cast of characters so I'm sure there will be a lot of callbacks that will go over your head but I started at 2 and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looking like Epic store with Cross play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Probably worth putting this here for when the **** starts flying...

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1112833886113992706

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Looking like Epic store with Cross play.

Cross play between Xbox, PC and PlayStation?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Cross play between Xbox, PC and PlayStation?

Yes, rumouringly.

Being honest if that was on the table with Epic store functioning as a launcher I would buy it there.

If neither of those were on the epic store at launch will wait for Steam.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yes, rumouringly.

Being honest if that was on the table with Epic store functioning as a launcher I would buy it there.

If neither of those were on the epic store at launch will wait for Steam.

Sorry I meant Xbox and PS4 together. I'll be buying day one wherever it's on sale on PC, couldn't care less whether it's Epic, Steam or out of a box of cornflakes.

Sorry I meant Xbox and PS4 together. I'll be buying day one wherever it's on sale on PC, couldn't care less whether it's Epic, Steam or out of a box of cornflakes.

Would imagine PC to both but with Sony who knows.

If you cant join freinds via the launcher thats pointless for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

H50daJE.jpg

September 13th almost confirmed too judging by foreign-language trailer
    https://streamable.com/8ve5d

Deluxe, Super Deluxe & Collector's editions also revealed, but no full details on each yet.

Will obviously wait until we get more details on each, but first instinct is that I'll likely play as Amara. Melee Siren sounds like a good combination, and seems most likely that she's the Brick/Sal-type class and more geared towards solo play and damage output.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

September 13th confirmed as release date

Penn wrote: »

I think I'll stick in a pre-order on PC tonight so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

every time I think I'm never going to pre-order expensive deluxe editions again something like this happens

gimli2112 wrote: »
    every time I think I'm never going to pre-order expensive deluxe editions again something like this happens

I think you should splash for a collectors edition this time Gimli. Something with a cool statue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Trailer confirms EGS... another game to scratch off the list of potential acquisitions...

Borderlands 3 Standard Edition
    Base game
    Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket

Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition
    Base game
    Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head and skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
    Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head and skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
    Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
    Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket
    XP and Loot Drop Boost Mods
    Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins and weapon trinket

Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition

The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition
    The Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes four campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
    Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod

Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector's Edition
    Includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition
    Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot
    Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe (Approximately 3" tall)
    Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand
    Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault
    Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon's map of the Borderlands
    Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins
    Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Epic exclusive. Ah well. Hardly a surprise, but very much a disappointment.

• Advertisement

Borderlands 3 Standard Edition
    Base game
    Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket

Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition
    Base game
    Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head and skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
    Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head and skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
    Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
    Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket
    XP and Loot Drop Boost Mods
    Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins and weapon trinket

Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition

The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition
    The Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes four campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
    Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod

Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector's Edition
    Includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition
    Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot
    Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe (Approximately 3" tall)
    Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand
    Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault
    Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon's map of the Borderlands
    Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins
    Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf

Did they mention prices for the different versions :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As long as i get some sort of leg up for buying the base game, and for having the previous games played on the same console, i'm happy out!

Did they mention prices for the different versions :confused:

I'd guess €70 (standard), €80 (Deluxe) and €100 (Super Deluxe). Tends to be the standard pricing for games with that kind of tiering (Standard/Silver/Gold, Standard/Gold/Ultimate etc).

I think I'd be springing for the Super Deluxe myself, just for the DLCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Trailer confirms EGS... another game to scratch off the list of potential acquisitions...

Weird how PC gets a variant of a console war in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Gamestop have it up now with deluxe for 19.99 with a trade from a list and a free pop. https://www.gamestop.ie/borderlands3

I'd guess €70 (standard), €80 (Deluxe) and €100 (Super Deluxe). Tends to be the standard pricing for games with that kind of tiering (Standard/Silver/Gold, Standard/Gold/Ultimate etc).

You are nearly spot on, standard and super deluxe are correct except deluxe edition is 84.99 on PSN store. Smyths have standard for 59.99. The article I took the data from only had US prices

I'm kinda tempted for the one with all the figures and the treasure chest. I never buy them but this could be my first one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm kinda tempted for the one with all the figures and the treasure chest. I never buy them but this could be my first one :pac:

That's the one I'm going for.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Gamestop have it up now with deluxe for 19.99 with a trade from a list and a free pop. https://www.gamestop.ie/borderlands3

I have Division 2 on Xbox to trade but want this on PC though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see Borderlands: GOTY edition is now available on current gen consoles but no price on the psn, just 'add to wishlist' option even though it went live at 3pm today.

Anyone know a price on this?

Advertisement