Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R route signage

• 03-10-2011 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Meath CC are erecting much new signage in the south of the county. Noticed that on signage that the R route is black letters on a yellow background. When did this standard come in?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a new signage manual, but I've not read it. That sounds like temporary signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

They seem to be doing this on the former N roads. I've seen it in Clare on the old N18 as well.

The route number is in a yellow patch. I think the colour is chosen with the theory that the R road should be highlighted as an alternate route if the motorway is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Victor wrote: »
    There is a new signage manual, but I've not read it. That sounds like temporary signage.

No, it's all brand new and mounted on those fancy frames instead of poles. They've also gone mead putting up L signs on other roads.

R147 (old N3) is now signed in parts Dunshaughlin-Clonee with no reference to Dublin or Navan. Would have better if they put in these points as well in brackets.

They've also signposted Fairyhouse Racecourse very poorly. No advanced signage on the R147 south and on the R147 from M3 J5, the way finding vanishes at the roundabout that you turnoff from. Very inconsistent.

I also notice that they've won the battle against a well known local pub/nightclub who was amending signage with their own venue name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BrianD wrote: »
    I also notice that they've won the battle against a well known local pub/nightclub who was amending signage with their own venue name.
    Cheeky!

• Advertisement
Advertisement