Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

May shocker: strong winds, squally showers, even the potential for wintry showers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Wet but no wind or heavy rain to speak of near Tipperary town. Has the worst of the weather passed through by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looks to be a small squall line just passed Galway there was very heavy rain from it it's more South of Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Picking up in Waterford the last hour, gusting to 74kmh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

87kmp latest gust in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11am

Malin head gusting 49 knots (91 km/h)
    Waterford Airport gusting 47 knots
    Roaches point gusting 46 knots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

11 mm of rain so far today. As much as in all April.

I've not dared even think about my apple blossoms :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

rain stopped and sun out in sw donegal (for 5 mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

21mm of rain in Castlebar so far and the garden was waterlogged when I woke up in places, very strong gusts currently.

Sorry I don't know the meteorological terms nor do I have the appropriate instruments...but it's quare shíte here in Louth this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭endainoz

The rain was badly needed for growth, the wind not so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

First peak has passed down in Cork, gusts have abated to about 20 - 40 kmh. Round 2 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Wet and windy since about 7am here outside Newport. Sun is shining now and wind died down but the ground is saturated so no outside for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Looks to be a small squall line just passed Galway there was very heavy rain from it it's more South of Galway

Squall line seems to be now running from Kerry, up through Limerick, North Tipp and up through the Midlands as it moves east. Just passing through my part of North Tipp now.

Estimate that all rain should have cleared here by 1.00 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Sun coming out in Galway. Still breezy. I think we might have a nice evening.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Fair play to MT he called out the squall line in his forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Fair play to MT he called out the squall line in his forecast

Just experienced the squall line just after midday south east out of Limerick City in Ballysimon area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential rain here in Kildare pushing through. 106mm/hr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭lolie

Just a wet breezy morning here, got a bit squally for a short while as the front passed through.
    No idea what rain fell as i just noticed the the gauge was blocked by birds using it as a toilet, didn't cop until now as no rain fell at all last week.
    11c out now with only a light breeze, south cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks beautiful on satellite, not sure if this will play..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Speak Now wrote: »
    87kmp latest gust in Waterford

My lightweight greenhouse flipped! Luckily it's empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Heavy rain here in Firhouse D24 and winds have been really gusty all morning, I can't imagine what it'll be like if they get worse later, as forecast......

Trampoline is battened down by its hatches.... LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Squall Line just passing here in Dublin City Center.

squallline.png

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,793 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The squall passed through Dublin 15 over about 10 to 15 minutes and very nice it was too.

15mm so far in Arklow
    Max gust 74kmh
    Squal line has not passed through yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nothing of any note in Donegal, some rain overnight but just breezy with some sun and a few showers so far today. Not much different to any other day we've had this past week really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

There was some very intense rain in Dublin 5 a few minutes ago, made a waterfall run down the window

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Drove through that squall line on the M7 southbound near New bridge. Never saw anything like it..lucky there wasn't much traffic as everyone pretty much had to stop or crawl along at 10kph. Fog lights and hazards on..only lasted 40 seconds then through again.

Squals here in east wicklow
    73.8mm/hr rain rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Filthy morning in East Cork, I haven't missed this the last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Poured down all morning in Swords, sun shining now but there is a tree down across the main road into our estate.... Wind still quite strong.

Advertisement