Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum Diurnal Range for Ireland.

• 27-04-2021 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Met Eireann list Mt Dillon yesterday with a max temp of 19.8 and a min temp of -2.3, giving a diurnal range of 22.1.
    Does anyone know what the record is for Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Not sure. Would be interesting to know but surely its not above 25 so Mt Dillon done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭zisdead

A bit off topic but one of the places I have been to was Bend Oregon in the high desert just east of the Cascade mountains the very definition of "High and Dry' in late August and I experienced some exceptional (for me) diurnal ranges. One of the days I was there it went from a very pleasant 25C to -3C that night.

The shock of walking out of a bar I had dinner and a few pints in at around 1 a.m was incredible to experience. I'm sure during my short week there I didn't get to experience anything near exceptional or maybe I did just get lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I don't know what the record is, but above 20C is notable though not unusual. I remember a July day (quote a few years ago), min of 5C, max of 27C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I don't know of an overall record but here's a few I have quickly noted from the past decade. It's an incomplete list. None of them beat yesterday's diurnal range at Mount Dillon.

DrjyUWh.png

EDIT: Kilkenny had a range of 23.8C on 2 August 1975 with a max of 27.8C and min of 4.0C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Good work sryanbreun.

Midlands are definitely the place for these.
    Coastal stations dont have low enough mins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement