Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,785 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

roro1990 wrote: »
    Absolutely not. And you should be ****ing embarrassed you are one of those people. Imagine giving away your time for free for a few likes and upvotes on an anonymous forum. Talk about a sad waste of space.

You've wasted the best part of today ranting and raving over the loss of £2.50.

I'd count that as a bigger waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I thought you left four hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

A few hours on a lazy Saturday versus a decade of posting. Yep, that's the same.

Most of the deals that are posted are by people who were themselves looking for their own deals on other websites, e.g. HUKD, and then spent the 10 seconds copying and pasting that deal here if they thought others might be interested.

So yes, in your hours of ranting, you probably wasted more time than even someone who has posted helpful deals over many years. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Zaph wrote: »
    I've already told you that mods don't make any money from Boards
    You've got wifi on your Caribbean megayacht, I see! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Given enough rope he'll hang himself, seems to be doing a good job.

No one is going to be wondering why he was banned when it eventually happens.

Just why it took so long....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You've got wifi on your Caribbean megayacht, I see! ;)

Well obviously, I'm not a barbarian.

Zaph wrote: »
    If you're going to keep perpetuating nonsense, then at least have some evidence to back it up. I've already told you that mods don't make any money from Boards, so all you're doing now is telling lies and insulting people.

If people feel that strongly about not wanting Boards to earn money from affiliate links, they are easily blocked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Jaysus who thiught the amazon bargains thread would be the maddest read on boards today haha.

Can the chat at least be kept in the chat thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Cindella_D

Jaysus who thiught the amazon bargains thread would be the maddest read on boards today haha.

was fun to see it playout, even knowing how stupid it was for sure

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What's happened with the no chat thread? Seems to JuST be chat the last day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

antodeco wrote: »

You're using the word "chat" very loosely indeed here

All blew up... Hope the mods get it under control.

All blew up... Hope the mods get it under control.

I've reported a post earlier this morning anyway, just so it's flagged. Might be worthwhile for others to aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

BA mods clearly having a life. Frustrating and all as it can be to see that kind of carry on, mods are volunteers and we can't expect them to moderate on demand.

Caranica wrote: »
    BA mods clearly having a life. Frustrating and all as it can be to see that kind of carry on, mods are volunteers and we can't expect them to moderate on demand.

Where did I blame the moderators? I simply suggested reporting posts as that way the mods actually know there's an issue. This is literally what the mods suggest...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Where did I blame the moderators? I simply suggested reporting posts as that way the mods actually know there's an issue. This is literally what the mods suggest...

I didn't say you had. I've reported plenty of posts on that thread myself. It's frustrating that they're still there but like I said, clearly mods too busy having a life. I've been a mod on boards and part of the reason I quit was it was taking hours every single day and I needed to take my life back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I think it's absolutely disgusting people like you expect everything in life for free. When people spend 20 mins looking for a great deal to post that benefits you, a normal person outside boards.ie would be grateful for it rather than faux-offended that, God forbid, someone might have made a euro from their 20 mins of work. You know where you can shove your outrage.

Why do you spend your time actively looking for deals to post? It never crossed my mind to do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Liaison

Genuine question how much money does one make from Skimlinks?

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »

100% they do a great job and what was going on was daft.

They'll be wielding the Ban hammer pretty hard when they clean it up I'd say.

grogi wrote: »
    Why do you spend your time actively looking for deals to post? It never crossed my mind to do that...

I assume that chap is banned. Won't be getting a response if so.

Liaison wrote: »
    Genuine question how much money does one make from Skimlinks?

Lads moaning were saying small money - 2.50 from a widely used link.

Doesn't really matter if it breaches rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

grogi wrote: »

Spend time?

Open HDUK
    Copy link
    Paste to boards

Hardly a full time job :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

RossieMan wrote: »
    How has this fella not been banned yet? Spamming 2 threads with absolute tripe.

Looks like they closed their account. I feel for them missing out on their cups of coffee each week now :(

Looks like they closed their account. I feel for them missing out on their cups of coffee each week now :(

Fair play to them, that was one of the best rants I have ever seen...

Can someone clear this up for me...

If someone copies and pastes the URL to a bargain on Amazon, boards get paid for being an affiliate/providing the link? I presume that's only if the sale goes through?

If I put up a referral link on the bargain alerts forum, (no idea how to find that!) I get paid something and boards gets paid nothing? Again presuming a sale goes through, not just the click through?

I've never felt more Grandpa Simpson in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭John mac

thats exactly what i asked earlier . i still dont know .

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Liaison

Lads moaning were saying small money - 2.50 from a widely used link.

Doesn't really matter if it breaches rules.

So if each time the link gets clicked they get 2.50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Liaison wrote: »
    So if each time the link gets clicked they get 2.50?

If that was true we'd all be doing it :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement