Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAZN (Premier League & Champions League etc) €1.99 per month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chrismcc409

bromley52 wrote: »
    The DAZN app is in the Amazon app store.

Sorry I'm probably messing up the thread now but we've being talking about peacock

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

This appears to have worked. I may be wrong as I've 3 accounts now and starting to confuse myself but the steps that worked for me were

1. On android device where you haven't previously signed up.
    2. Using windscribe connect to canada
    3. Open the DAZN app and sign up with name email etx
    4. Select the 15.99 eur price plan and click through to the next screen
    5. Switch off vpn just prior to payment and click for next screen
    6. Should offer you the 1.99 with Google pay. Complete the payment and next screen should take you to the home screen with account set up complete
    7. Log out
    8. Switch vpn back in
    9. Log back in

Let me know if it works for anyone else. I can't quite recall all the screens I went though. Had to do it on another phone and someone else Google Pay account but can log in fine on my own. Will try set up on my own account when the existing one fully expires.

Edited for typo
    Hi there, thanks for outlining your steps etc.

Just wondering, another poster had mentioned a few posts back that they had the 1.99 payment on their Canadian account cancelled if not confirmed within a few days - can you confirm that you didn't have this problem and that you have successfully made a €1.99 payment on a Canadian account, and can access canadian content with the VPN?

I've already wasted €1.99 on an account that doesn't work (created in Ireland via browser) so I want to see if someone can definitely confirm they've been successful before wasting another :D

Steps I'm going to try which I think will work based on your posts:
    1. Download app to phone
    2. Connect to Canadian VPN
    3. Create a new account in the app (this should now be a "Canadian" account?)
    4. Before paying, turn off the VPN
    5. Price should now be the Irish price of €1.99
    6. Pay (I plan on using an iPhone and apple pay)
    7. Should now have a "Canadian" account, but paying Irish price.
    8. Connect to VPN again and view Canadian content.

Just to say I've tried this again today - followed steps in the quoted post to the letter (including Android phone, payment via google play) and it simply doesn't work. I'm guessing it might be a problem with newly created accounts or something.

I created the new DAZN account while connected to the VPN in Canada, disconnected before being asked for payment details, was successfully shown Irish price, signed up paying €1.99.

Still get the same error error complaining about only being able to access DAZN in the country you created your account when trying to access Canadian content. Only Irish content is shown.

My old Germany-created account still works fine at €11.99 p/m, and allows me access to european and Canadian content so will just have to make do with that.

Would have been nice to get that massive discount but oh well!

Just to say I've tried this again today - followed steps in the quoted post to the letter (including Android phone, payment via google play) and it simply doesn't work. I'm guessing it might be a problem with newly created accounts or something.

I created the new DAZN account while connected to the VPN in Canada, disconnected before being asked for payment details, was successfully shown Irish price, signed up paying €1.99.

Still get the same error error complaining about only being able to access DAZN in the country you created your account when trying to access Canadian content. Only Irish content is shown.

My old Germany-created account still works fine at €11.99 p/m, and allows me access to european and Canadian content so will just have to make do with that.

Would have been nice to get that massive discount but oh well!

It possibly doesn't work anymore. I messed it up on my own account so did on another account. The original first account had fully expired so I tried to redo with that again just to move over to my own Google play but it wouldn't work. Plan to try again at some stage with a different email.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

shared or private canadian DAZN accounts from €8 per year on R, works fine with express / nord / windscribe vpns

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

shared or private canadian DAZN accounts from €8 per year on R, works fine with express / nord / windscribe vpns

What's R mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭ooter

Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

headnorth wrote:
    What's R mean?

Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

Wow never thought of that. I found a world of savings in a few minutes.

Expire this post. Just signed up to see its not working. Won't let me login to a different region where I signed up.

Not a bargain, just a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

paddyg91 wrote: »
    Expire this post. Just signed up to see its not working. Won't let me login to a different region where I signed up.

Not a bargain, just a waste of time and money.

Just a heads up that you can get a free months trial of the DAZN Canada app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone know if this is still working and if so, would it work with keepsolid? I only want it for the rugby today and tomorrow - so a trial would be fine too

ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone know if this is still working and if so, would it work with keepsolid? I only want it for the rugby today and tomorrow - so a trial would be fine too

It doesn't work with keepsolid and doesn't have the European rugby if that's what you are after unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

It doesn't work with keepsolid and doesn't have the European rugby if that's what you are after unfortunately.

oh, i thought it did.

have since discovered that France 2 stream the heineken cup live on their site - just tested it on the toulouse match with keepsolid vpn and works fine

ablelocks wrote: »
    oh, i thought it did.

have since discovered that France 2 stream the heineken cup live on their site - just tested it on the toulouse match with keepsolid vpn and works fine

Ah good stuff. They have the leinster game tomorrow as well I think so you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Is this dead in water..

Have Surfshark and also looking at this and get rid of eye P

Also looked at streamlocator but not sure if worth it as don't stream that much that is geo locked and can't be resolved by using VPN

Is this dead in water..

Have Surfshark and also looking at this and get rid of eye P

Also looked at streamlocator but not sure if worth it as don't stream that much that is geo locked and can't be resolved by using VPN

Take a look at https://controld.com/

Allows you to change your dns and give you access to Dazn canada or any other geo locked service

Works with commonly used browsers / new chromecast / apple tv / smartphones

Currently 1 month free trial and then $4 pm / $40 yearly afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Allows you to change your dns and give you access to Dazn canada or any other geo locked service

This would be ideal for me, as it supports secure DNS on Apple TV. This avoids the risk of DNS redirection to malicious sites, e.g. for banking or shopping, when installed on a PC/Tablet/Phone.

I've tried it on the AppleTV and it works fine. However, it won't unlock some uk live channels for me, unless I redirect all traffic to the UK. This is an issue as I want CH5 for SWMBO, which is not on eirTV. This wouldn't be a problem if I could bypass the service for the IE domain, which isn't working for me when I put in a bypass rule for the ie domain.

If you have done this successfully you might let me know what rule you used. Otherwise I need some other service that supports encrypted DOS (DoH). Ok, I have figured this out. I used their troubleshooting guide and turned on logging. This identified the additional sub+domains that needed to be redirected. All good, now - fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

This would be ideal for me, as it supports secure DNS on Apple TV. This avoids the risk of DNS redirection to malicious sites, e.g. for banking or shopping, when installed on a PC/Tablet/Phone.

I've tried it on the AppleTV and it works fine. However, it won't unlock some uk live channels for me, unless I redirect all traffic to the UK. This is an issue as I want CH5 for SWMBO, which is not on eirTV. This wouldn't be a problem if I could bypass the service for the IE domain, which isn't working for me when I put in a bypass rule for the ie domain.

If you have done this successfully you might let me know what rule you used. Otherwise I need some other service that supports encrypted DOS (DoH). Ok, I have figured this out. I used their troubleshooting guide and turned on logging. This identified the additional sub+domains that needed to be redirected. All good, now - fantastic service.

So does dazn work if you start the account creation as Canadian and switch to Ireland at payment?

Anyone actually got that to work? controld works perfectly and I can direct dazn and ssport seamlessly if I could get the right dazn account :)

So does dazn work if you start the account creation as Canadian and switch to Ireland at payment?

Anyone actually got that to work? controld works perfectly and I can direct dazn and ssport seamlessly if I could get the right dazn account :)

Anyone? … it’s quiet in here now. Is this method dead now?

Anyone? … it’s quiet in here now. Is this method dead now?

That's exactly what I have. Canadian account and Irish payment. I outlined the steps earlier on. I tried to recreate though later and it didn't work but I may have done something incorrect and I haven't got around to trying again as already have a working account . Still works perfectly used it for the rainbow Cup on my firestick over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Does this work like smart DNS proxy or do you need to change the dns for each service?

112143 wrote: »
    Does this work like smart DNS proxy or do you need to change the dns for each service?

I would normally use the Legacy DNS provided for streaming devices (apple tv, chromecast + GTV, roku tv), and DNS-over-HTTPS on web browsers.

You can set the specific location needed for each individual site or app your using

Look at the photo i've attached as an example that i use

https://ibb.co/F0nd9YZ

IOS devices require you to download a certificate, you must use the safari browser on the iphone / ipad when doing this

the step by step guide on this website will show you
    https://kb.controld.com/en/tutorials

F0nd9YZ

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Has anyone managed to find a list of web services that they support?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Isn't the issue though that DAZN now limit by country sign up so you won't get the Canadian content with an Irish account?

Isn't the issue though that DAZN now limit by country sign up so you won't get the Canadian content with an Irish account?

Yes. Can’t get it to work for €1.99 …. Got a Canadian trial

About the services they support, get the trial. It lists them all but anyway you can create custom rules so I have ssport automatically set to Turkey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Crikey, controld is awesome, much superior to smart DNS proxy, being able to create a rule for any service you want is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Used Windscribe to sign up via Germany and got a months free trial, it’s €11.99 a month after that. Not sure how much English commentary is available though

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Used Windscribe to sign up via Germany and got a months free trial, it’s €11.99 a month after that. Not sure how much English commentary is available though

Can you connect to Canada VPN with a German sub and get English speaking content?

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Dazn germany offers the UFC with English commentary

All the football seems to be in German even if you change the audio settings to english

• Advertisement

Spn744 wrote: »
    Can you connect to Canada VPN with a German sub and get English speaking content?

Yes, if you have german dazn account you will be able to use a vpn service and log into the canadian site and view content

Tested with windscribe & expressvpn

Advertisement