Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas Sportsmask 3 pack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,753 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pick these up last week, does anyone find they pull your ears forward a bit? They fit fine around the face and are comfortable but I look like the FA Cup after wearing it for a while!
    They are a bit stretchable,find them really comfortable
    They are a bugger for steaming up glasses though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

These have 2 layers, as a matter of interest why do people want 3 as thought 2 was deemed to be sufficient, is it just a case you want more protection and why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

gmisk wrote: »
    They are a bit stretchable,find them really comfortable
    They are a bugger for steaming up glasses though.

Get some kitchen towel and put it between the mask and your face ,that should stop glasses steaming up.
    Heard that mentioned somewhere recently

Get some kitchen towel and put it between the mask and your face ,that should stop glasses steaming up.
    Heard that mentioned somewhere recently
    Thanks I tried that and only kind of worked.
    I think I will just stick on contacts

These have 2 layers, as a matter of interest why do people want 3 as thought 2 was deemed to be sufficient, is it just a case you want more protection and why is that?
    I thought 3 was deemed better than 2 at least by WHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

gmisk wrote: »
    Thanks I tried that and only kind of worked.
    I think I will just stick on contacts

Rubbing a tiny bit of washing up liquid on your glasses and then wiping them gently clear so there is still a thin film has worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Pick these up last week, does anyone find they pull your ears forward a bit? They fit fine around the face and are comfortable but I look like the FA Cup after wearing it for a while!

metoo.

we have long, square, manly jaws and the elastics are a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

ablelocks wrote: »
    metoo.

Yeah, got these but I find them too tight, obviously they need to be snug but too severe, they fit my 12 year old perfectly.

metoo.

Alright desperate dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

metoo.

Same, pulling the ears off me, unwearable for anything over half an hour.

I've a small face and small ears, and I've found this with all but surgical masks. Think my ears are just soft!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

code for adidas website - get an EXTRA 25% on already reduced articles. Enter code 'SCHOOL' at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

code for adidas website - get an EXTRA 25% on already reduced articles. Enter code 'SCHOOL' at checkout.

Cant be used on the masks

"This promotion can’t be used on these items"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

JCDUB wrote: »
    Same, pulling the ears off me, unwearable for anything over half an hour.

I've a small face and small ears, and I've found this with all but surgical masks. Think my ears are just soft!

also find them tight and pulling on my ears a bit. maybe I just have a fat head !!
    I find the surgical masks much more comfortable.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,248 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Crap, I ordered a couple of packs of them and I do have a fat head! Sounds like I'll be struggling with them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Did you all buy in M/L? I have a fairly hefty noggin and they are a bit loose. Maybe my dome aint so big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I’ve a biggish head but I also have satellite dishes on the side of my head so the masks don’t pull that much . I would call them snug more than tight. I have the M/L . I would say the blue ones are more snug then the black ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I agree these are very small....they are otherwise very comfortable so i am going to try to add longer elastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Hi, didn't reply earlier because Puma face masks have been out of stock. Now in and it's 9.95 for 2. They are by far the best I have tried and just ordered another 6. Adjustable and tightens around nose. Great design and triple layered unlike the pretty poor Adidas type which like others, I find quite tight. Link https://eu.puma.com/ie/en/pd/puma-face-mask-2-pack/054116.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Masala

fulhamfan wrote: »
    Hi, didn't reply earlier because Puma face masks have been out of stock. Now in and it's 9.95 for 2. They are by far the best I have tried and just ordered another 6. Adjustable and tightens around nose. Great design and triple layered unlike the pretty poor Adidas type which like others, I find quite tight. Link https://eu.puma.com/ie/en/pd/puma-face-mask-2-pack/054116.html

Saucy on P&P ..... any discounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

Masala wrote: »
    Saucy on P&P ..... any discounts?

None that I'm aware of other than spend 50 and the shipping fee is waived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

Just to let you know the Black ones are back in stock. But the original discount code on post #1 doesnt work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

2smiggy wrote: »
    also find them tight and pulling on my ears a bit. maybe I just have a fat head !!
    I find the surgical masks much more comfortable.

Find the Adidas mask tight around the ears but can't stand the surgical masks,

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Anyone try an Under Armour one ? There €30 each...! Looks great but there €30 each.....

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Find the Adidas mask tight around the ears but can't stand the surgical masks,

Very comfortable on the face but the ear loops are very short.....I bought elastic and adjusted them and they are much better.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

You can buy masks in any independent store for 5 euro each.

I'd rather buy from them and give them some business than go direct to Adidas who claim they're donating to kids when they have kids working in sweatshops.

You can buy masks in any independent store for 5 euro each.

I'd rather buy from them and give them some business than go direct to Adidas who claim they're donating to kids when they have kids working in sweatshops.

I assume you've posted this opinion of yours from a Fairphone?

If you're more concerned about the ethics than the price then I would recommend not browsing Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Are the Adidas M/L for adults and the smaller size more suited for kids?

I assume you've posted this opinion of yours from a Fairphone?

If you're more concerned about the ethics than the price then I would recommend not browsing Bargain Alerts.

Nope.

I'll buy whatever is beneficial for me but trying to make this out as a bargain when they're worth a max 5 euro each anyways should be called out.

A bargain is something sold for less than what is expected. These facemasks I would expect are sold for max 5 euro each. But if you want to class a 5c saving over 3 masks as a bargain, you do you.

Nope.

I'll buy whatever is beneficial for me but trying to make this out as a bargain when they're worth a max 5 euro each anyways should be called out.

A bargain is something sold for less than what is expected. These facemasks I would expect are sold for max 5 euro each. But if you want to class a 5c saving over 3 masks as a bargain, you do you.

Ah you stopped caring about the kids in the sweatshops quite quickly.

Be sure to clear out your wardrobe and house of any well-known brands as you can get the equivalent items cheaper elsewhere without the brand name for a fraction of the price. There's a good lad.

• Advertisement

Ah you stopped caring about the kids in the sweatshops quite quickly.

Be sure to clear out your wardrobe and house of any well-known brands as you can get the equivalent items cheaper elsewhere without the brand name for a fraction of the price. There's a good lad.

Never said I cared enough about them to not buy things I want.

My point was if an indie shop is selling them for 5 euro and Adidas are reducing them from 10 to 5 euro, I know which one I'll be going for.

Advertisement