Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jaysus :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Lol:pac:

Hope it was a happy xmas ppl! And you all have a great new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Random cat video mon! See you later :D

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Random cat video mon! See you later :D
    You certainly will! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

If any of you are near Donegal Town, there's a guy at the market there on Saturdays that sells the NICEST lentil lasagne ever!! I swear it's the nicest thing I've ever eaten.

I have to share this as I believe I have found the best site ever, once you take a look you'll see it is deserving of this title...

http://procatinator.com/

If any of you are near Donegal Town, there's a guy at the market there on Saturdays that sells the NICEST lentil lasagne ever!! I swear it's the nicest thing I've ever eaten.
    Fair bit away from there myself, but I've never had a lentil lasagne before...what does it taste like?
    I have to share this as I believe I have found the best site ever, once you take a look you'll see it is deserving of this title...

It's up there for one of the "best site ever" awards...in my head anyway!

Check this out, seen it on friendface earlier. Funny video, and even though it's in Portugese, it's fairly well understood :)

I mean come on...where do they think the stuff comes from, a tree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

SO AWESOME!
    Fair bit away from there myself, but I've never had a lentil lasagne before...what does it taste like?

It kinda just tasted like normal lasagne really, because of the sauce. The lentils have a similar consistency to quorn/soya mince. And the béchamel sauce was made from scratch so it was even nicer <3

Check this out, seen it on friendface earlier. Funny video, and even though it's in Portugese, it's fairly well understood :)

I mean come on...where do they think the stuff comes from, a tree?

Aside from them being hypocrites.........how did those people seriously think that's what was happening -_- My gawd so gullible.

• Advertisement

Dear god....My sister is gonna get the sack when I introduce her to this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

want this veggie breakfast :p

wA9LH.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Looks nice except for those bacony things! They look like massive Bacon Bits :eek:

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO veggies

quiet in here, where is/how is everybody?!

Btw was passing Hell's pizza the other say and it still looks fairly shut so not sure what the story is with that.
    I see alpro now have almond and hazelnut milk in the shops, might be worth a try for anyone that's not too crazy on the normal ones.

That's all my veggie news for now :pac:

It kinda just tasted like normal lasagne really, because of the sauce. The lentils have a similar consistency to quorn/soya mince. And the béchamel sauce was made from scratch so it was even nicer <3
    Once you liked it, that's all that matters :) Not a big fan of melted cheese tbh, couldnt eat lasagne.
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Dear god....My sister is gonna get the sack when I introduce her to this!
    Lawl! :D
    HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO veggies

quiet in here, where is/how is everybody?!
    Hiiiiiiiiiiiii .o/ :)

I is here, just been err...busy. Hope all is well with ye. I have no veggie news myself, but that sucks about Hell Pizza still remaining closed.

Once you liked it, that's all that matters :) Not a big fan of melted cheese tbh, couldnt eat lasagne.

well you would eat my lasagne, mine didnt have much cheese in it, I hate that when you get it out it's about 90% cheese.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii .o/ :)

I is here, just been err...busy. Hope all is well with ye. I have no veggie news myself, but that sucks about Hell Pizza still remaining closed.

haii

ye we're all busy but not too busy to post surely! I'm grand ye, just trying to find somewhere new to live, my landlord wants to meet me this evening, he might have other places for me but tbh I think I'd probably rather find somewhere cheaper myself. Was on daft earlier, saw a few places that looked good so just gona have to get on the phone soon. Hope you're keeping good yourself:)

Best of luck to you finding somewhere new to live, lets hope somewhere nice, but also cheap enough, pops up for you :) You're done with exams yet, or not? Fingers crossed and all that, if you believe in it! Hope yer doing good too:)

Maybe some day you should make some and I'll give it the aul taste test for ya...like an official tester or something >_>

Best of luck to you finding somewhere new to live, lets hope somewhere nice, but also cheap enough, pops up for you :) You're done with exams yet, or not? Fingers crossed and all that, if you believe in it! Hope yer doing good too:)

Maybe some day you should make some and I'll give it the aul taste test for ya...like an official tester or something >_>

Well finished yes, finished on the 27th, went to Amsterdam on the 29th. Well until the summer that is.

I'm not very good at making it look pretty, that's the only thing :pac:

I had that hazelnut milk, it's lovely, had in my coffee and now my coffee tastes all hazelnutty, I'd say it would be lovely if you made hot chocolate with it.

BOBWb.jpg

Cat with 23 toes :eek::eek::eek:

thought that might break the ice.............

• Advertisement

Freaky kitties drew me here!:eek:

Hope Amsterdam was fun, like lots of fun!:D The lasagne doesnt have to look too pretty, just tasty. I'm sure you'd do a good job with it anyway :) Had a hazelnut mocha in college over the xmas, delicious! This hazelnut hot choc is intriguing though, you should invent it and make millions!! Failing that (incase someone already has done it), just try it and let us all know how it is.

Freaky kitties drew me here!:eek:

Hope Amsterdam was fun, like lots of fun!:D The lasagne doesnt have to look too pretty, just tasty. I'm sure you'd do a good job with it anyway :) Had a hazelnut mocha in college over the xmas, delicious! This hazelnut hot choc is intriguing though, you should invent it and make millions!! Failing that (incase someone already has done it), just try it and let us all know how it is.

haha so many toes though, wonder dose it have way more nails then eek

It was brilliant ye, will def go back sometime, lots of fun but not too much fun to make me sick :P I put the hazelnut milk in one of those mocha sachets this evening, lovely mmm

I'm going go try finish portal 2 now, I'm nearly finished it in just a few hours playing overall, it's way too short :(

haha so many toes though, wonder dose it have way more nails then eek

It was brilliant ye, will def go back sometime, lots of fun but not too much fun to make me sick :P I put the hazelnut milk in one of those mocha sachets this evening, lovely mmm

I'm going go try finish portal 2 now, I'm nearly finished it in just a few hours playing overall, it's way too short :(
    I'd say it does...and would scratch anyone that wants to prove otherwise! :)

Good to hear it, once it wasnt too much fun...gotta save some for next time heh :p Coffee sounds good, mocha is a good choice ya chose the same one as myself :D

Portal 2...lasts longer than you think:pac:

Finally managed to find tempeh in the Asian Supermarket today :D can't wait to try it!

Mon, still have to finish that game, I spoke too soon saying I was nearly finished :o but damn, so many exit signs, the last time I had to stop playing it coz all the jumping /falling makes me nauseous :o

Gauge wrote: »
    Finally managed to find tempeh in the Asian Supermarket today :D can't wait to try it!

Which Asian supermarket was that, was it in Dublin? Would love to try it.

Mon, still have to finish that game, I spoke too soon saying I was nearly finished :o but damn, so many exit signs, the last time I had to stop playing it coz all the jumping /falling makes me nauseous :o

Which Asian supermarket was that, was it in Dublin? Would love to try it.

The one on Drury Street. It was in the big fridges on the first aisle, just before the tofu.

Also, Fallon & Byrne had chocolate peanut butter in stock.

Today was a good day for food shopping :)

What ya gonna do with the Tempeh Guage?
    I got some in The Hopsack.....I'm kind of scared of trying it out.

How goes the house hunting Los?
    I'm looking too. It is such a headwreck.
    Saw a place last week, beautiful new build. Best of everything.
    The place was crawling. I should have had a tetanus shot leaving it. I have seen things that can be repeated in polite company.

How is Carlow treating you Mon?

Going to start off easy by adding it to a stir fry I think... it's a massive amount though, I hope I like the taste because I'm going to be eating it for the rest of the month!

Might try steaming it as well and bringing it to work for lunch, apparently it's nice in sandwiches.

Let me know how you get on with it.
    Be interesting to have another nice sandwich filling.
    I must work up the courage to open mine this week.

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    The one on Drury Street. It was in the big fridges on the first aisle, just before the tofu.

Also, Fallon & Byrne had chocolate peanut butter in stock.

Today was a good day for food shopping :)

will check there next time I'm in town.

chocolate peanut butter.................interesting!

How goes the house hunting Los?
    I'm looking too. It is such a headwreck.
    Saw a place last week, beautiful new build. Best of everything.
    The place was crawling. I should have had a tetanus shot leaving it. I have seen things that can be repeated in polite company.

How is Carlow treating you Mon?

we've paid deposit and first months rent for an appartment, it's just up the road from me, I wont have far to move! It was the only one that had gas heating not those sh!tty storage heaters. Looked at a lot of places and there was nearly something wrong with all of them, most of them had piece of crap old cookers, one place all it had was a tiny little microwave/convection oven etc etc. There's always something, then some really lovely places but right on a busy road which is a big no no, anyway this place is grand, location is dead handy, will be moving in at the start of March.

Advertisement