Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Could have I dont listen to Radio or watch RTE anymore.

Its all good. She works in PR now, has a twitter account too.

https://twitter.com/maryefitzgerald

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Whatever happened to Liam McCormack ?

Who is he please?

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is he please?

I0000Gp6Dn1n.Idg.jpg

First on the right, the guy in the Body warmer? That's Liam McCormack.

Second from the left, is Sinead Kennedy. Second from the right, can't remember her name, but she was a gaelgeoir.

And the guy with the massive hair I've no idea who he is.

Liam used to be an RTE go-to presenter, even working as a continuity announcer. Unfortunately for him, as time went on, he couldn't transition over to grown up TV. Got stuck in children's programming, before he was pushed out for 'the yoof', who in turn got pushed out when RTE cut back on pretty much everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Molly Breathnach is the gaeilgoer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

https://susankennedy.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/16109-John-Moynes-New-Sattitude-Presenter-at-RTE-27-09-2004/G0000P_YFcFG9P3I/I0000Gp6Dn1n.Idg

There's a link to that Sattitude photo, John Moynes is apparently the chap with the long hair.

They could have taken another one where Sinéad had her eyes open.

• Advertisement

Molly Breathnach is the gaeilgoer.

Her sister was acting in TG4. I always found Molly annoying as hell (not bad looking, but she'd drive me insane), but her sister was a beauty.
    Definitely an upgrade from Molly.
    Skid X wrote: »
    https://susankennedy.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/16109-John-Moynes-New-Sattitude-Presenter-at-RTE-27-09-2004/G0000P_YFcFG9P3I/I0000Gp6Dn1n.Idg

There's a link to that Sattitude photo, John Moynes is apparently the chap with the long hair.

They could have taken another one where Sinéad had her eyes open.

Thank you very much-I remember he didn't stay in Tv for too long. Had a google to see what he's up to now, if he stayed in TV or whatever.

John-Moynes-headshot-1.jpg

He's an author, a stand up, and an actor, writes for Broadsheet and has a few books published too. I did not expect him to look like Alan Moore. But he's not exactly, um, prolific. I'd say there might be an element of 'woke' to his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thank you very much-I remember he didn't stay in Tv for too long. Had a google to see what he's up to now, if he stayed in TV or whatever.

He popped up in the Savage Eye and Irish Pictorial Weekly in supporting roles. I guess things must be quieter now that RTE isn't doing any decent satire. RTE family background.

He popped up in the Savage Eye and Irish Pictorial Weekly in supporting roles. I guess things must be quieter now that RTE isn't doing any decent satire. RTE family background.

So he benefitted from RTE nepotism? Must be a kick in the teeth he's not more 'prolific', considering RTE connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Dr. Siobhan Crowley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

So he benefitted from RTE nepotism? Must be a kick in the teeth he's not more 'prolific', considering RTE connections.

Possibly too woke for RTÉ? He would give you a pain where you never had an ache to sit beside him in the office, I would say with his pseudo intellect woke BS.

• Advertisement

Possibly too woke for RTÉ? He would give you a pain where you never had an ache to sit beside him in the office, I would say with his pseudo intellect woke BS.

I'd say someone in RTE got tired of Aisling Bea... her woke crap was often the signal anything she was in was gonna die.

I'd say someone in RTE got tired of Aisling Bea... her woke crap was often the signal anything she was in was gonna die.

Sorry who.. what .. where... I blinked for a moment, what did I miss?

Sorry who.. what .. where... I blinked for a moment, what did I miss?

Yeah, sorry, I went on a tangent (was editing my post while working, and then forgot to provide a good edit-mostly emitting my point). I was just noting how similarly woke people tend to get rather irritating, and cut off like a gangrenous limb.

Yeah, sorry, I went on a tangent (was editing my post while working, and then forgot to provide a good edit-mostly emitting my point). I was just noting how similarly woke people tend to get rather irritating, and cut off like a gangrenous limb.

Nope never heard of her, anything she has done, where she came from or where she is now. No great loss, carry on as you were!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't remember aisling Bea being on RTE much? Did she have tv programmes on it?

Her career is flying, never off those panel shows, she was on that netflix show with Paul rudd, her own show on channel 4 with Sharon Horgan

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

Yea, Aisling Bea is pretty big at the moment with her show This Way Up. Its getting pretty decent reviews.https://www.metacritic.com/tv/this-way-up/season-1

What was she on on RTE?

McHardcore wrote: »
    Yea, Aisling Bea is pretty big at the moment with her show This Way Up. Its getting pretty decent reviews.https://www.metacritic.com/tv/this-way-up/season-1

What was she on on RTE?

Considering the global pandemic, it's probably cancelled. Bea's shows tend to be one and done, or are on their final season when she joins. Couple that with more successful shows like GLOW getting axed cos of the Rona, and it's looking like it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Considering the global pandemic, it's probably cancelled. Bea's shows tend to be one and done, or are on their final season when she joins. Couple that with more successful shows like GLOW getting axed cos of the Rona, and it's looking like it's done.

What's your beef with Aisling Bea ?

Her career is flying, she has no business being listed in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

has she worked for RTE since Savage Eye? she has been UK based since then and doing very well it seems.

:confused: Sure nearly every celebrity and their show could fall into that category over covid. Even then, there is no sign of her show getting cancelled
    I take it its more of a case that you are not a fan, and not that Aisling Bea has suddenly vanished out of the spotlight. She was even on The Late Late show last week.

• Advertisement

has she worked for RTE since Savage Eye? she has been UK based since then and doing very well it seems.

Your right! I found a terrible quality clip of her on the Savage Eye. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-iiToHMOe4

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-iiToHMOe4

no need to sound so surprised :D

A better quality clip is her impression of Grainne Seoige when Savage eye parodied 'The All Ireland Talent Show'.
    (Remember that show? Grainne Seoige presented it. I think it was her last gig before heading off to South Africa.)

It's genuinely hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭StevenToast

As female comedians go, Bea is one of the least annoying...which isnt that hard i suppose!

Shes easy on the eye also...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

As female comedians go, Bea is one of the least annoying...which isnt that hard i suppose!

Shes easy on the eye also...

The list of good looking Irish comedians (male, female and everything inbetween) is a very, very, very short list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Skid X wrote: »
    What's your beef with Aisling Bea ?

Her career is flying, she has no business being listed in this thread

Seems to be on QI, the last leg and quite a few other panel shows

A better quality clip is her impression of Grainne Seoige when Savage eye parodied 'The All Ireland Talent Show'.
    (Remember that show? Grainne Seoige presented it. I think it was her last gig before heading off to South Africa.)

It's genuinely hilarious.

Out of curiosity is that a look of at the end admiration or disgust for performing that feat?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

To ensure her #wokeness credentials are up to date Bea is also going to be in the #woke remake of Home Alone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Ah here, Aisling Bea is the total opposite of what this thread is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

yeah the broadsheet was fairly woke - before I was banned from posting

Pity though they did good articles at times but it was insufferable in its' attitude. I assume it hasn't changed.

Advertisement