Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Coverage Issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

My wife switched to GOMO recently but finds that coverage in Limerick is really bad.
    Especially bad in UL area and in Jetland Caherdavin area.

Was all perfect on Vodafone. Its ok having bad spots in country due to terrain but in a city surely thats a joke.

Not sure if its the same on Eir as gomo.

Would use WIFI calling in those areas on WIFI but GOMO doesnt support WIFI calling even though Eir does.

Can see switching back. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

dfdream wrote: »
    My wife switched to GOMO recently but finds that coverage in Limerick is really bad.
    Especially bad in UL area and in Jetland Caherdavin area.

Was all perfect on Vodafone. Its ok having bad spots in country due to terrain but in a city surely thats a joke.

Not sure if its the same on Eir as gomo.

Would use WIFI calling in those areas on WIFI but GOMO doesnt support WIFI calling even though Eir does.

Can see switching back. :mad::mad::mad:
    Just had a look at the Eir coverage map and I'm astonished to see areas in greater Limerick City, including those you mention, that only have outdoor 2G and 3G coverage. That would make voice and SMS almost unusable in those places. 4G coverage seems better but I think that's just data. AFAIK, GoMo coverage is identical to Eir.
    According to Three's map, their coverage is more or less universal there. A friend had a business in Limerick for some years and all of their phones were on the Three network.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Coverage issue threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Getting a bit irritated myself now, constantly getting messages saying i've missed calls from people and I'm in Dublin city centre! Data very very slow often too and I'm not going anywhere near the 80GB. Ive been onto support a few times who don't seem bothered and keep saying that insulation etc could be effecting it despite me clarifying this is inside/outside and right across the country (I'm often in Galway, Leitrim, Meath)

Thankfully I use a dual sim phone with 3 as other network and no issues whatsoever on it so I can flip over when needs be for data etc

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

About 2 hours ago my internet connection dropped (4g, automatically selected network). I've only been able to reconnect (very patchily) by manually switching to 3g. Anyone else having network problems? I've plenty of allowance left, BTW. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Snukka

New Home wrote: »
    About 2 hours ago my internet connection dropped (4g, automatically selected network). I've only been able to reconnect (very patchily) by manually switching to 3g. Anyone else having network problems? I've plenty of allowance left, BTW. Thanks.

Yes exact same , thank god not just me , I had been messing with settings yesterday and thought I did something but since around 4.30 today my 4g is gone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Must be a network issue, so, thank you. I tried to talk to them via chat, but, yes, you guessed it, the connection got cut off and I got nowhere, and then it was too late and the chat feature was unavailable. I'll try again in the morning (I'm still on a manually selected 3g connection, but it's patchy, patchy, patchy! It keeps disconnecting and I end up having to re-select the network manually all over again.

Must be a network issue, so, thank you. I tried to talk to them via chat, but, yes, you guessed it, the connection got cut off and I got nowhere, and then it was too late and the chat feature was unavailable. I'll try again in the morning (I'm still on a manually selected 3g connection, but it's patchy, patchy, patchy! It keeps disconnecting and I end up having to re-select the network manually all over again.

I got onto them on chat , asked them had anything happened with my account , she said no but to turn off for 10mins, obviously that didn't work, keep me posted if you hear anything , thanks

Will do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Same issue here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I've a dual SIM phone and gladly pay Vodafone x weekend and gomo. When the quality sucks on gomo or on weekends I switch to Voda. Before this I had tesco mobile single sim and the quality sucked more than not. Gomo dropped this afternoon here too

I managed to get hold of them via chat this morning. I drafted the message first because I feared the connection wouldn't hold long enough for me to type the lot - good thinking, Batman, eh?

Anyway, they've confirmed quite a few users have been having the same problem, they said they've sent the query to management and will get back to me, hopefully by the end of the day. Here's a copy of the chat(minus the personal details), if anyone is interested.

509660.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maconof

Same issue here, and started for me sometime in the late evening yesterday. Obviously restarting/resetting network settings has done nothing.

Just asked for an update - this is an excerpt of the chat:
    You
    [‎18‎:‎24‎:‎48]
    Hi Jessica, I was chatting to Rachel this morning regarding issues with the internet connection/network issues - she mentioned I might be able to get an update this evening. Would you have any news for me, please? Rachel mentioned she passed the query on to management, if it's of any help.

Jessica
    [‎18‎:‎25‎:‎24]
    There is a known issue with data on our network which we are working on with priority
    The network is being used alot more since lockdown and this is causing a strain and more frequent outages naturally.

You
    [‎18‎:‎26‎:‎40]
    That's fair enough, but this gets dropped off anything between every two minutes and 3/4 of an hour, then I have to reconnect manually to the 3g network. This only started last night around 5:20.

Jessica
    [‎18‎:‎27‎:‎02]
    I understand and apologise please turn off the handset for a minimum of 5 minutes, this will force a location reset where the phone will search for a new mast which may be closer to you currently.

You
    [‎18‎:‎27‎:‎40]
    I've done that a few times, and switched to aeroplane mode too, no luck. Would you have any idea as to how long it'll take to have this fixed, please?

Jessica
    [‎18‎:‎28‎:‎16]
    we are working on this since today should be resolved in no less than 24 hours

By the way, this might come in handy.

https://downdetector.ie/status/eircom/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I assume it's the same as eir coverage ,
    My eir coverage has been patchy as well recently ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Seems to be, anyway. They "piggyback" on the Eir network, if I remember correctly.

Markcheese wrote: »
    I assume it's the same as eir coverage ,
    My eir coverage has been patchy as well recently ...

Yes all linked I'd imagine, from reading online seems a common issue to many on gomo / eir.
    If they just put up a notice to let people know theres an issue and they are working on it, it might help somebit , rather than leaving people lose the marbles online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Gomo's "4g" speed is throttled no doubt about it I've never gone above 5 mb per second

in comparison I regularly get 20+ mb per second with three (work phone)

same signal levels on both networks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

My work mate had the same problem in cork last weekend from Friday evening until Monday morning. No reception in their house where normally there was. All back to normal on Monday. I wonder were eir maybe upgrading the 5g network? Good to see Rachel doing great work.

• Advertisement

I got a phone call from one of the techies in Eir earlier tonight, in fairness to them the ARE working flat out to get it sorted. Good customer service, from where I stand - Vodafone where never this helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

Just asked for an update - this is an excerpt of the chat:

Thanks for this, i've been having similar issues the last few days. Glad to hear its not the handset.

Folks, it seems they've sorted it. I've to say I'm really happy with how they've handled this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yeah it's back here . Pretty quick this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

Anyone else having reception issues today? 4G is gone where I am near Dublin City Centre. Works fine when I am elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Jessica
    [‎18‎:‎28‎:‎16]
    we are working on this since today should be resolved in no less than 24 hours
    I like their honesty, anyway:D

Beats Vodafone "We don't know what you're on about. Everything's fine. We're brilliant. It must be you/your phone/you must be doing something wrong.Anythingelseicandoforyoutodaynokbye. End of chat" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seems to be, anyway. They "piggyback" on the Eir network, if I remember correctly.

They ARE eir.

GoMo is a different logo on an Eir bill. Thats it. Everything else is identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brandy21

Snukka wrote: »
    Yes all linked I'd imagine, from reading online seems a common issue to many on gomo / eir.
    If they just put up a notice to let people know theres an issue and they are working on it, it might help somebit , rather than leaving people lose the marbles online

I got a problem with GOMO coverage and I contacted the company on April 7th some one was to get back to me inside 48 hrs. It is over 3 weeks later not a word from them. What should I do?

• Advertisement

Get in touch with them tomorrow via chat, seems to be the most effective way.

Advertisement