Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

faulty tegral slates

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jackot

I having the same problem as you all can someone pm me could do with some advice on this slate issue. Thanks

I having the same problem as you all can someone pm me could do with some advice on this slate issue. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RosieandJim

Hi I am having the same problem, can you contact me pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 20 teamddr

Hi everyone
    I have a tegral trutone plus roof that has been fitted for ten years now but started to break up 5 years ago(there are parts of slate literally falling to the ground off the roof)) and the coating is lifting off in other places. They eventually sent someone to inspect the roof and i got the impression he was looking for some reason that would compromise the warranty. now they are requesting I remove samples from my own roof so they can test them to see if the meet their specification. These are slates that are literally falling apart. considering this roof was more expensive than ordinary tiles I wish i never heard of tegral. The struggle to get them to uphold there warranty continues.

I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in getting a group going(whats app) and fight them together

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

teamddr wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in getting a group going(whats app) and fight them together

Although I don't have Tegral products on my roof I did have an issue with my slates. Issue occurred a few months after install. Neighbor using same product had same issues so it was a batch problem. Company involved paid to re-slate both roofs without resistance, so our experiences were good apart from the inconvenience.

Reading back over the thread all I was thinking about was, why doesn't everyone get together and tackle as a group. The weight in numbers approach. Otherwise it is easy for a company to fob individuals off and bat the issues away.

So +1 on the collaboration suggestion, but I'm not sure if this might contravene the charter (I saw a post previously re. can't use forum for rounding up the troops, although I don't understand why personally).

• Advertisement

nunanddun wrote: »
    Hi. I have had issues and am now in the middle of a re-occurance...can fill you in. Let me know how to contact you?

-snip- could you call need your help

Yes please could you message me it’s failing me to message you private

Yes please nunandun could you private message me it’s failing me to message you private. A

nunanddun wrote: »
    Hi. I have had issues and am now in the middle of a re-occurance...can fill you in. Let me know how to contact you?
    Contact me on -snip- thanks would be great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

hi, welcome to boards. One post is enough. And please don’t post your phone number. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 michaelmchale

Just wondering if anyone got the slates replaced. My roof is ten years done and in awful condition colour and holes in the slates, rich caps just falling to bits, what's the best way to mo é forward

I got bounced between builder, their supplier, and finally Tegral.

Been going on 3 years now and still nothing, from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Ah Tegral... What a joke... Already been through the mill with this company. Slates warping or cupping as I'm told is the technical term and discolouration around the edges of the slates and ridges. Took three years but I came out triumphant.. Or so I thought. Had my complete roof reslated by them, they provided the contractor... And now I find myself back to square one again, slates have started cupping and discolouring again.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glenda1

How did you get Tegral to agree to re roof the house originally?

Keep after them. Refuse minor offers, get engineers report and then go the legal route. I just refused to accept anything else but a full reslate. At the end of the day once your roof was constructed to specifiction required at the year of construction then the fault is with their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glenda1

Got engineers report and have gone the legal route. They have taking a slate to test but they didn't get back to me. Did yours I to court ? Can you pm me I'll give you my no to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Waiting for them to come out again , roof gone as bad again , repainting is a waists of time

Seems they have rebranded as "Cedral" now.. I hope this is not a way to dodge the poor quality history of the Tegral name and that it might effect any claims against Tegral.

Glenda1 wrote: »
    Got engineers report and have gone the legal route. They have taking a slate to test but they didn't get back to me. Did yours I to court ? Can you pm me I'll give you my no to discuss.

Would you PM the engineer you used? Mine are cuping/warping now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SineadLed

We are having the same issue, with our slates curling, its been going on almost 10 years, We have issued proceedings and Tegral are going to fight it. they say the the slates are fitted incorrectly even though the slates at the back of my house are perfect. They are also saying time has run out on us even we started having this issue 4 years after the roof was fitted!! but they have been putting it on the long finger. They offered to paint the roof, however this is not going to flatten the slates. My engineer is saying that the issue is with the slates not the fitting or the ventilation.At a loss as to what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jrf001

Hi All

I am having issues with my slates which where purchased in 204 and how heavily faded and pitted

Has anyone started a face book group or any kind of group that can help

Please feel free to contact me

jrflanagan@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

.n/a

Advertisement