Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME Primary Teaching Interview

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Thanks everyone for the advice!
    If anyone has any notes on aforementioned type questions I'd appreciate a pm .

Hi all,

Has anyone heard what's the stance regards interviews now? The closing date is June 3rd for the next intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

Hi Wacotaco,

I am a current student due to go on SP in 12 days and I have not been Contacted yet. Sit tight. They will probably try and sort out current students first.

I can't get my college results as NUIG is closed. Might miss out on the closing date which is June 3.

wacotaco wrote: »
    I can't get my college results as NUIG is closed. Might miss out on the closing date which is June 3.[/QUOTE

Email Hibernia, you won't be the only one. Its very likely that your interview will be done on Skype or something similar. They may offer places pending all paperwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Email Hibernia, you won't be the only one. Its very likely that your interview will be done on Skype or something similar. They may offer places pending all paperwork.
    Yeah, they're very accommodating about everything that's going on.

Hi Wacotaco,

I am a current student due to go on SP in 12 days and I have not been Contacted yet. Sit tight. They will probably try and sort out current students first.

Did you get called?

Did you get called?

Not sure what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Hi Olivia
    What decision was made in TPs? Postponed to next year?

Hi Olivia
    What decision was made in TPs? Postponed to next year?

Gotcha!

For my cohort we do not have to make up the teaching weeks, but we have to be assessed and have to account for the credits. So we are expecting an assignment instead. Probably lesson plans that we were hoping to teach. Are you hoping to start in September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Gotcha!

For my cohort we do not have to make up the teaching weeks, but we have to be assessed and have to account for the credits. So we are expecting an assignment instead. Probably lesson plans that we were hoping to teach. Are you hoping to start in September?

No I completed it a few years ago. Just curious how they handled it.

No I completed it a few years ago. Just curious how they handled it.

Apologies, was replying in a rush. So disappointing to miss the school placement. Hopefully it will not disadvantage us too much in the long run. How are you finding things yourself at the moment?

All interviews for the Autumn 2020 intake will be conducted online by video call. Has anyone been called yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eimear8401

just wondering if anyone had their interview via zoom? how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

eimear8401 wrote: »

It wasn't with Hibernia, but I had a Zoom interview for mine, and it was fine, they were very nice, and they're in the same situation as you with being at home and out of their normal routine, though they'll be in the swing of online interviews at this stage.

The questions they ask will be the same as they would be face to face.

If you'd like me to share some of questions I can remember being asked, please pop me a PM. I did my Irish in January so I'm not much good to you there, but the English side will be similar across all the colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eggyemma

eimear8401 wrote: »
    Hi Eimear, I applied at the beginning of this month and I haven’t heard anything yet, the only things that’s changed is that the status on my application says “enrolement verified”. Are you waiting too? I tuned in to one of their information webinars and the girl said that they are dealing with a backlog of applications cause of Covid and that there could be a 2-4 week wait for interviews!

Are we expected to wear a suit and tie for the online interview? I'd feel more comfortable wearing a nice shirt but don't want to come across too casual. Were the interviewers wearing suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Are we expected to wear a suit and tie for the online interview? I'd feel more comfortable wearing a nice shirt but don't want to come across too casual. Were the interviewers wearing suits?

I wore a dress and suit jacket for mine, even wore heels. It put me in the right frame of mind. I don't know if that answers your question though. At the end of the day, it's still an interview, and how you present yourself is indicative of how seriously you're taking the whole thing - perception is reality.

Did anyone have their interview recently? How was it.. what was asked etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fourstarstevek

Hey guys just wondering has anyone had their interview for primary teaching yet? What type questions did you get asked about for irish was there much about COVID-19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 SUNFLOWER20

hi guys

I sat my hibernia interview almost 2 weeks ago. Just wondering for those that sat interviews in recent months how long were you waiting ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eggyemma

hi guys

I sat my hibernia interview almost 2 weeks ago. Just wondering for those that sat interviews in recent months how long were you waiting ?

Thank you

I waited 5 weeks from when I applied to when I got the interview. I got 7 days notice for my interview. When I done the interview I got the email 5 days later 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SUNFLOWER20

Thanks eggyemma

Congratulations !

I'm probably over thinking this, but it seems as if, those who do well find out quickly. As in within a week. Only basing this on what i have read going through the forums !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Laprincesse

Hi All, I found this thread super helpful when prepping for my interview so wanted to pay it forward. I did the interview for Hibernia last week and found out 3 days later that I was being offered a place :-)

The interview was on Zoom with 2 interviewers. One tackled the English Qs and one tackled the Irish. The one who is not speaking muted themselves on the call. The interviewers were really lovely, very positive and encouraging and kept the tone quite relaxed, but they do grill you (or at least they grilled me). All of the Qs listed on this thread came up - I was very glad I had prepared them. One difference - they asked me to speak for 2 mins on a topic of my choice (not 1 min as I had thought). They also asked me to explain my statement on the application form in detail, which I wasn't expecting. My interview went on for 35 - 40mins..

Worth noting that when you click the link that Hibernia send you, the interviewers have to initiate the call - it kept asking me for an email and password which panicked me momentarily.

I wore formal clothing but managed to keep my slippers on!

I hope that's helpful and best of luck to anyone waiting to be interviewed.

Advertisement